What is your favourite Mika lyric?

(Apologies if this isn't allowed! I did a keyword search and the only thread I found about this hadn't had a reply in over 9 years so i figured I'd start it again)

I was wondering what everyone's favourite lyric of Mika's is? If you want to get even more into it, favourite lyric from each album? Why is it your favourite?

My favourite is "Never make you run for cover even if they want us to". It's so romantic and full of life! Just hearing him sing that makes me feel powerful 

Also love love love the lyric "some of us in the gutter are looking up at the stars"

Edited by galapagonch
Added thought :-)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooooh I absolutely love "some of us in the gutter are looking up at the stars"!! It's one of those lyrics that is just so comforting, like someone wrapping a blanket around my shoulders. And "never make you run for cover..." was never a lyric that stood out to me, but now that I'm thinking about it I'm definitely loving it.

Alright, favorites from each album? This is gonna be hard...

LICM: "say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in" I just love Any Other World so much, every line hits me hard every single time I listen to it

Songs for Sorrow: "if we're all together screaming, why can't we make a sound?" Feels like my constant mood regarding politics lol

TBWKTM: "like a magpie I live for glitter not you" It's just?? So powerful. But also, all of We Are Golden is a gay anthem and I love it for that. I also love "all these colors that surround me / all these places only drown me"

TOOL: "stars are magic, life is tragic" I actually have this one on my computer's desktop wallpaper, which may seem a bit depressing, but I see it more as like, awful things happen in life, but there are still things that are beautiful and magic, and it always feels kinda comforting

NPIH: "somebody once told me that there are watchers and there are doers in this world / guess I'm a watcher not by choice it's just what I was hurled / we're just two friends, it's not a risky situation" So I probably relate to Good Wife too much for my own good

MNIMH: literally the whole album?? Some favorites include "There you can shine like a star / there's a place for you whoever you are" "If this isn't what you wanted, why'd you put a smiley in your message then?" "let's be brave turn the light on" "that don't make her less of a girl" "no matter what life throws at you, I will always love the blue in you" and "we are giants with our tiny, tiny love"

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ramonapest said:

Ooooooh I absolutely love "some of us in the gutter are looking up at the stars"!! It's one of those lyrics that is just so comforting, like someone wrapping a blanket around my shoulders. And "never make you run for cover..." was never a lyric that stood out to me, but now that I'm thinking about it I'm definitely loving it.

Alright, favorites from each album? This is gonna be hard...

LICM: "say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in" I just love Any Other World so much, every line hits me hard every single time I listen to it

Songs for Sorrow: "if we're all together screaming, why can't we make a sound?" Feels like my constant mood regarding politics lol

TBWKTM: "like a magpie I live for glitter not you" It's just?? So powerful. But also, all of We Are Golden is a gay anthem and I love it for that. I also love "all these colors that surround me / all these places only drown me"

TOOL: "stars are magic, life is tragic" I actually have this one on my computer's desktop wallpaper, which may seem a bit depressing, but I see it more as like, awful things happen in life, but there are still things that are beautiful and magic, and it always feels kinda comforting

NPIH: "somebody once told me that there are watchers and there are doers in this world / guess I'm a watcher not by choice it's just what I was hurled / we're just two friends, it's not a risky situation" So I probably relate to Good Wife too much for my own good

MNIMH: literally the whole album?? Some favorites include "There you can shine like a star / there's a place for you whoever you are" "If this isn't what you wanted, why'd you put a smiley in your message then?" "let's be brave turn the light on" "that don't make her less of a girl" "no matter what life throws at you, I will always love the blue in you" and "we are giants with our tiny, tiny love"

:shocked: I have no words. 

This is certainly an interesting topic, I definitely do have favourite lyrics but never really thought about ones from each album and my answers will probably change depending on what mood I'm in! Let's see though:

LICM -

"I sit and think about the day that you're gonna die." 
- Stuck in the Middle
Even though I fell in love with this song way back when it was released it's only recently that these words mean more to me.

TBWKTM -

"Can I lay my head upon your shoulder
If I fall asleep will it be over." - Dr. John
This song makes me think of things that might have been a mistake in my life but this particular line remimds me that it's ok to share problems with other people.

TOOL -

"They'll have so many stories to tell
In exchange for a hero's farewell" and "As you walk to the toll of the bell, You'll be fighting for our heaven with hell" - Heroes 
These are just such powerful lyrics for one of Mika's underrated songs!

NPIH -

"Porcelain, it's the state that I'm in, hold me carefully just one breath could shatter me" - Porcelain
This song was a perfect remedy for one of the worst times in my life, I call it my therapy song 😊

MNIMH - two for this one! 

"We are giants with our tiny tiny love" - Tiny Love and

"Try to fly against the wind, even with a broken wing" - Paloma

Tiny Love and Paloma will just always be special to me. ❤

Notable mention to the lyrics of I See You, Blue Eyes and Beautiful Disaster. 💖

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
  • Like 2