Changing names on Magic Piano Tour tickets

mellody

Did anyone else have problems to change the name on the Magic Piano tour tickets on ticketone? I'm getting the error message "The current ticket cannot be changed due to legal regulations.", without any further info. In the FAQ they say that it can be changed any time, as long as there's not different info on the event site, and I see no info about it there. Did I miss anything?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

If this turns out to be a longer discussion, I might  put it in an extra thread, but quickly wanted to ask here now, did anyone else have problems to change the name on the Magic Piano tour tickets on ticketone? I'm getting the error message "The current ticket cannot be changed due to legal regulations.", without any further info. In the FAQ they say that it can be changed any time, as long as there's not different info on the event site, and I see no info about it there. Did I miss anything?

I hear many fans having this problem, I am also interested about this issue. I wonder if they will actually check for the ID or not, maybe some Italian fans could find out. If they won't, we could let the original names on the tickets and avoid all this trouble.

6 minutes ago, krysady said:

I hear many fans having this problem, I am also interested about this issue. I wonder if they will actually check for the ID or not, maybe some Italian fans could find out. If they won't, we could let the original names on the tickets and avoid all this trouble.

I've checked my other tickets, and it seems I could change the name on the Verona arena one (haven't tried the theatre), but not on the Rome one, I get a different error message there, even before they show me the ticket. I'm trying to change the name on the Florence ones.

Officially it says on ticketone that the ID will be checked. Whether it really will be, we'll only find out at the gigs I think.

Btw they're charging 3,50€ now for the name change. :facepalm:

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, mellody said:

If this turns out to be a longer discussion, I might  put it in an extra thread, but quickly wanted to ask here now, did anyone else have problems to change the name on the Magic Piano tour tickets on ticketone? I'm getting the error message "The current ticket cannot be changed due to legal regulations.", without any further info. In the FAQ they say that it can be changed any time, as long as there's not different info on the event site, and I see no info about it there. Did I miss anything?

I have the same problem!!

3 minutes ago, pascale_geneva said:

Here is the reply I received from ticketone which doesn’t make sense 

image.png

that's probably a standard reply. Maybe it'd help to write them in Italian, or go to one of their box offices and ask there? Hopefully someone of the Italians can help. :pray:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

that's probably a standard reply. Maybe it'd help to write them in Italian, or go to one of their box offices and ask there? Hopefully someone of the Italians can help. :pray:

On top of it phone calls can only be made from Italy. So yes that would be good if someone of the Italian fans could help 🙏

• Like 2

I wrote to the customer service a few days ago in Italian but I also got an automatic answer, even if longer than Pascale’s one.

What I found out is that only events with >5000 spectators are meant to have this name system. 
In each event on ticketone there’s a yellow box with “name changes” related info only if the event must follow this system. 
For example, the Rome theatre event doesn’t have it so I guess it isn’t mandatory to change/have a name on the ticket; whereas  I did it for the Arena di Verona and it worked well. 

Here’s part of the answer they gave me which proves what I'm saying: 

2FB82EC4-6521-4488-9CF8-A38C46E795FF.thumb.jpeg.ce57e46cb5632e587ad5417eaf02d723.jpeg

Edited by virgi
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, virgi said:

I wrote to the customer service a few days ago in Italian but I also got an automatic answer, even if longer than Pascale’s one.

What I found out is that only events with >5000 spectators are meant to have this name system. 
In each event on ticketone there’s a yellow box with “name changes” related info only if the event must follow this system. 
For example, the Rome theatre event doesn’t have it so I guess it isn’t mandatory to change/have a name on the ticket; whereas  I did it for the Arena di Verona and it worked well. 

Here’s part of the answer they gave me which proves what I'm saying: 

2FB82EC4-6521-4488-9CF8-A38C46E795FF.thumb.jpeg.ce57e46cb5632e587ad5417eaf02d723.jpeg

Thanks, good to know... but in the arenas in Rome and Florence it's surely more than 5000 spectators?

Edit: Just thought, maybe they've sold less than 5000 tickets so far and will only activate the name change once they sold more? 🤔

On 8/30/2022 at 11:07 PM, krysady said:

I’ve been to several gigs in Italy this year and they never checked names, while they often did before the pandemic, 

but I read of people having issues with names checking at My Chemical Romance gig last June, so, sometimes it happens 

Since they charge 3,50€ for each name, I hope they won’t cause any issue if we don’t change names when the owner is present at the gig and has several tickets assigned (I did in Bologna in 2019 and it was ok) 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maggie112 said:

I’ve been to several gigs in Italy this year and they never checked names, while they often did before the pandemic, 

but I read of people having issues with names checking at My Chemical Romance gig last June, so, sometimes it happens 

Since they charge 3,50€ for each name, I hope they won’t cause any issue if we don’t change names when the owner is present at the gig and has several tickets assigned (I did in Bologna in 2019 and it was ok) 

Thanks!  So it's better to change the name if the person who bought the ticket won't be there, better than risking. Although I've never been to a Mika gig and got the ID checked over the years, but you never know.

I think it's possible to change the name on the Verona arena tickets, and I suppose the reason why we couldn't change the other ones was because they already knew it'd be canceled. At least they didn't charge us the 3,50 then.

• Like 2