2024 - Mika @ Le Zénith Sud, Montpellier, France, 21 March REPOTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

Hi,

As usual, I'll post a lengthy report later but just a few words:

TWENTY SONGS!! HE SANG TWENTY SONG! HE DIDN'T WANT TO STOP (and neither did we!).

This concert was by far the lenghiest and best Mika gig I ever had.

I'm on the moon right now!!:cloud:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry can someone explain what he sayed about Bercy? I read he sayed something like ' i have to manage this Shi**y situation in bercy, bad not referred to the person (Andy) but the situation...i am an idiot but not so idiot'....can someone explain or has the video ?

No Problem,

He was talking about "Moi, Andy et Paris" as a cruel song but also one with hope of resolving the situation to make his couple endure. Since, apparently, Andy will be in Paris for the Bercy concert, he will have to resolve the situation about Andy not liking being in Paris to avoid a new conflict between them, I suppose.

Anyway, that's how I understood it. Someone else who was there to confirm?

Edited by Camus
Mika the idiot not Peroalessandra! Sorry!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Camus said:

Hi,

TWENTY SONGS!! HE SANG TWENTY SONG! HE DIDN'T WANT TO STOP (and neither did we!).

Which one did he sing in addition to the setlist of the last gigs? Popular Song? Or Origin of Love? Or another one?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Camus said:

Hi,

What extra song did he play? That sounds wonderful!

• Like 1

Did anyone find any videos for the concert in Montpellier? I haven’t seen much on Instagram and neither on YouTube 

YouTube Channel  @robin888b

1 hour ago, toyboy said:

Did anyone find any videos for the concert in Montpellier? I haven’t seen much on Instagram and neither on YouTube 

@toyboy Here you are :bye:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, mellody said:

Which one did he sing in addition to the setlist of the last gigs? Popular Song? Or Origin of Love? Or another one?

Any other world, We are golden, Love today...

I don't remember if he sang Rain, because we heard it a lot at the balances.

Edited by Cornélie Berté
  • Thanks 1

PRESS

WebToulousain.fr

https://webtoulousain.fr/2024/03/22/eclats-de-couleurs-et-rythmes-pop-mika-enflamme-le-zenith-de-montpellier/

22/03/2024

Eclats de couleurs et rythmes pop :

Mika enflamme le Zénith de Montpellier

C’est dans un concert débordant d’énergie que Mika, le chanteur de succès internationaux tels que “Relax”, “Big Girl”, “Elle me dit” ou plus récemment “C’est la vie” est venu présenter son dernier album “Que ta tête fleurisse toujours" au Zénith de Montpellier ce 21 mars 2024.

Un concert… ou plutôt un spectacle. Derrière un grand rideau prêt à avaler le public dans un monde pop coloré, Mika se prépare. Une entrée en matière grandiose le mettant en scène dans une cage à oiseau (ou peut être à démon), vêtu d’un costume rouge et d’ailes mécaniques : le ton est donné, il est l’heure de « Bougez ».

Les titres s’enchainent, tout comme les costumes confectionnés dans son propre atelier à Bari en Italie, accompagnés de décors psychédéliques. Tous les albums sont représentés : du célèbre “Life in Cartoon Motion” à son dernier album en français “Que ta tête fleurisse toujours” en passant par “No place in Heaven”, une setlist éclectique pour embarquer ses fans tout comme les gens qui le découvrent ce soir-là.

Mika s’amuse avec son public :

il fait autant chanter les enfants terribles de la fosse, que des gradins, en nommant la « Capitaine Orange » en guise de chef d’orchestre pour danser. Les anecdotes s’enchainent, l’audience saute, danse, chante, et c’est avec un grain de malice qu’il décide de composer son assiette vitaminée de personnes hautes en couleur repérées dans le public : une carotte, une licorne, des personnes colorées ou déguisées, et même une fan venue expressément de Corée du Sud. La piste de danse se déporte alors sur scène dans une ambiance à couper le souffle !

Vient ensuite la performance de Big Girl, où le showman décide de descendre dans la foule, en se faufilant avec Max son bassiste pour traverser le zénith et faire revivre le bar du Butterfly Lounge le temps d’une chanson. Après les paillettes, c’est au tour du piano magique de rentrer en scène pour illustrer la palette de couleurs de son tube “Grace Kelly” au zénith de Montpellier.

Mika termine le show ému, heureux, et reconnaissant d’avoir eu un public à la hauteur de son énergie. C’est en saluant avec son groupe qu’il repasse derrière le rideau avalé par la grande bouche pour de nouvelles aventures vers Marseille et Paris Bercy et terminer la tournée française en beauté.

Google translator

Spoiler

Bursts of color and pop rhythms:

Mika ignites the Zénith de Montpellier

It was in a concert overflowing with energy that Mika, the singer of international hits such as “Relax”, “Big Girl”, “Elle me dit” or more recently “C’est la vie” came to present his latest album “Que ta tête fleurisse toujours" at the Zénith de Montpellier this March 21, 2024.

A concert… or rather a show. Behind a large curtain ready to swallow the audience into a colorful pop world, Mika is getting ready. A grandiose introduction featuring him in a bird (or perhaps demon) cage, dressed in a red costume and mechanical wings: the tone is set, it’s time to « Bougez »“Move”.

The titles follow one another, as do the costumes made in his own workshop in Bari in Italy, accompanied by psychedelic decorations. All the albums are represented: from the famous “Life in Cartoon Motion” to his latest album in French “Que ta tête fleure toujours” including “No place in Heaven”, an eclectic setlist to engage his fans as well as the people who follow him. discovered that evening.

Mika has fun with his audience:

he makes the enfant terribles of the pit sing as much as those of the stands, appointing “Captain Orange” as conductor for dancing. The anecdotes follow one another, the audience jumps, dances, sings, and it is with a grain of mischief that he decides to compose his vitamin plate of colorful people spotted in the audience: a carrot, a unicorn, colorful or disguised people, and even a fan who came expressly from South Korea. The dance floor then moves onto the stage in a breathtaking atmosphere!

Then comes the performance of Big Girl, where the showman decides to descend into the crowd, sneaking with Max his bassist to cross the zenith and bring the Butterfly Lounge bar to life for a song. After the glitter, it’s the turn of the magic piano to take the stage to illustrate the color palette of its hit “Grace Kelly” at the zenith of Montpellier.

Mika ends the show moved, happy, and grateful to have had an audience that matched his energy. It is by greeting with his group that he goes back behind the curtain swallowed by the big mouth for new adventures towards Marseille and Paris Bercy and end the French tour in style.

Sans-titre.thumb.webp.22a274d1c1eb6240cd0ce72b1cfd630a.webp

418741848_274815092235706_6429189911423175308_n.thumb.webp.ded86ecab7c1dd591ce95e98b20b5f69.webp

image-2.webp.7f3016d6600954bae3a1e6537e61eee1.webp

image-1.webp.d895c022944ccd77cdf3a1dd6bea87b1.webp

421935943_1154818915680777_7584655797115674611_n.thumb.webp.308dc8754f10ac79619837985a6303b9.webp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2024 at 2:23 PM, Perdchen said:

What extra song did he play? That sounds wonderful!

Sorry Perdchen for the lateness in responding to you. I was occupied by a familly week-end.

After  C'est la Vie (expected ending), he did four more songs: Happy Ending, Love Today, Any Other World and We are Golden.

I'm typing my report right now but it takes time to translate Mika's anecdotes and pun in another language!:whew:

• Like 3

I’m sorry for the delay in the publishing of my report but I had a familly week-end following the gig and didn’t have much time to type the report.

Anyway, let’s go for the report of my fifth Mika gig and by far the best. Like the other reports, it will not contain much about Mika’s suits or about the setting since I was again a 1.59m girl stuck behind a lot of taller people. :annoyed:

Not much to say about the opening act. It was a female DJ who dit a set of electronic music. Not my taste but it slowly did liven up the audience.

As usual, Mika was late. His gig was suposed to begin at 8pm. It began at a quarter to 9pm. And, as usual, Mika had an explanation for his lateness.

The first song was Bougez. It began with the « firebird Mika in a cage » setting (I wish I had seen it better , it must have been stunning !). As for the song, my first thought when I heard « Bougez », last summer was that I was eager to hear it on stage as it promised to be a banger. Well, I confirm, it is ! Definitively, a song made for the stage.

The second song was Apocalypse Calypso. As my favorite song from the new album, I couldn’t wait to hear it live and I loved it very much.

The third song was a nice surprise : Talk about You. First time hearing it live and I liked it a lot. At the end of the song, he explained his lateness was not his fault but the audience’s who was late due to traffic jam (It’s true my bus got delayed due to traffic jam but I was there at 7pm and most of the audience was there by 8pm). Well, he said he was ready and waiting in the cage with the 35kg pair of wings on his back. So, his release (during Bougez) will have conséquences.

The fourth song was Sweetie Banana. After finishing the song, he said his bow tie ? costume ? was perfect at start but was getting more and more messy as time goes by. He didn’t knew if it meant he wa getting less or more devilish:devil:. He also found several disguised or with props people in the audience : a carrot, a non identified costume, several giant flowers and a rainbow.

The fifth song and second surprise : Feels like Fire. It was so fantastic to hear it on stage, even more with Nomfundo Moh’s part on video ! I was also impressed by how quickly he changed from his red suit to his yellow one at the song’s beginning.

The sixth song was Underwater. At one point, he greeted the stands who wre on fire and one particularly energetic woman with an orange scarf, dancing in the aisle. He declared her the captain of the stands with the mission of directing people around her. He then engaged a battle between the stands and the mosh pit’s « enfants terribles » (the mosh pit won !:cheer:) and another one before making us all sing together.

The seventh song was Relax. The audience, fired up by the Underwater exercice, sung a lot. It was followed by the eighth  song, Yo-Yo.

The ninth song was Jane Birkin. He explained he’s making his sequin suit by coating the suit with glue and rolling in sequin. He gets sequin on his face and founds them everywhere for two days after a gig, even spitting sequin while brushing his teeth. He then compared his everyday life where he doesn’t dare, notably in subway where he doesn’t dare looking people in the eye, focussing on his phone like he just received a bad news when he is just watching videos (of cats ?) on TikTok and this moments, while singing Jane Birkin where he and we dare to be ourselves.

The tenth song was Moi, Andy and Paris. He said that, in reality, love songs who are defending love are the meanest because they either speak of break-up or imaginary love.  In contrast, Moi, Andy et Paris is mean but also full of hope for a solution for their couple to endure. He remembered us Happy Ending was not a love song and told us he had a collection of videos of people using Happy Ending for their wedding (which he regretted telling us about!:doh:). He also told us Andy promised to drink a beer each time Mika sang this song. And finally, he told us he will have to deal with this mess at Bercy but that by « mess » he meant the situation not the person (Andy) because he’s an ass but that much.

The eleventh song was Big Girl. As usual, he went down in the audience, this time with Max. He told us once again the story of the Butterfly Lounge which was created by a woman who was fed up of being laughed at and wanted to create a place where everyone, men and women could be who they wanted to be. While going back toward stage, he came near me and god…I NEVER HAVE BEEN CLOSER TO HIM !! :wub2:I could have touched him if I wanted. Strangely, maybe because of my height, I remember more his yellow suit than his face. I Can confirm you it’s not plain yellow but slightly shinny like satin.

The twelfth song was Elle me dit. At one point during the song, he told us we needed a plate full of vitamins and color to deal with everyday life. He then invited on stage a group of roughly ten colorful fans, calling them by what he thought they were. Haphazardly, those I remember : a carrot (the Sweetie Banana one), a tulip, Nana Mouskouri, the orange scarf stands captain (who took way too much time going down for his taste) and a korean fan who made a 9 500km travel to see him. As he was tired, he gave them the mission to make us dance and lay down on stage. Music started again and they danced like mad men and women bringing us with them . But as Mika still wasn’t convinced to dance, they pulled him on stage while he was still lying down. Obviously, Mika finally stood up tp dance with them. At the song’s end, they all bowed down together (which I found nice for the fans). Once they got down from stage, Mika explained to us that, in english, what they did to him earlier was called « to drag ». He then said he was « draguer » on stage, pun on « to drag » and the word meaning « hit on someone»  in french.:lol3:

The thirteenth song was 30 Seconds which he played on the swan winged piano. I listened to this song for the second time shortly before the gig and took a real liking to it so I was very happy and moved to hear it.:heart:

The fourteenth song was Grace Kelly, still on the swan winged piano. Toward the end of the song, a giant inflatable rainbow sprung up from the piano. He then moved up to the fifteenth song, C’est la Vie.

At that point, I thought the concert has ended but no. The audience was on fire, screaming « Mika, Mika ! » and he obliged us with FOUR more songs.

The first one was Happy Ending. The way he sung it sounded like he was sorry he had to leave and he made it last for a very long time.

He then did Love Today. Toward the end, he told us he was gonna make Montpellier fly but, as we are shy, he asked for all the lights be turned off. He then asked us to remember this moment when everything was dark, even in broad daylight (I promised, Mika and I intend to keep my promise !) and, on the count of three, made us jum like mad men and women . Even if I was living this moment for the fourth time, I think I will never get tired of it.

But, it still wasn’t finished. He then did Any Other World. I was really hoping he would do it since I promised myself to register it for my aunt whose it is her favorite Mika song. So, I have one video from the gig with a s**tty video quality but a good sound if anyone want it (and if a manage to upload on forum).

Finally, he ended with a very joyous We are Golden and bowed down with his musicians. He seemed very moved by Montpellier’s reception. As we were leaving the zenith, an instrumental of I see You played and obviously, I had it stuck in my head during my whole return to my hotel. I also got Mika songs stuck in my head (mainly Moi, Andy et Paris and Apocalyse Calypso) for the whole week-end but I don’t mind.

As I said, it was , in my opinion, the lenghiest (even if, even with 4 supplemental songs, it was still too short to my taste) and best Mika gig I went too ! Can’t wait for the next one !:cloud:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Camus said:

So, I have one video from the gig with a s**tty video quality but a good sound if anyone want it (and if a manage to upload on forum).

@Camus I love your reports so much, enjoyed well written details !!! Thank you very much for posting here !!!:huglove:

Could you please upload "Any Other World" to YouTube ?

I still can't trust INSTAGRAM...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot @Kumazzz for your kind compliments. I'm definitively the blushing smiley in your emoji!:wub2:

Here the link of my Any Other World video: 

I hope it works correctly as it was my first try at uploading a Youtube video. If it doesn't work, don't hésitate to tell me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Camus said:

Thanks a lot @Kumazzz for your kind compliments. I'm definitively the blushing smiley in your emoji!:wub2:

Here the link of my Any Other World video: 

I hope it works correctly as it was my first try at uploading a Youtube video. If it doesn't work, don't hésitate to tell me!

Thanks a million for sharing !!! It's so beautiful :mikalove:

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 6:44 PM, Camus said:

I’m sorry for the delay in the publishing of my report but I had a familly week-end following the gig and didn’t have much time to type the report.

Anyway, let’s go for the report of my fifth Mika gig and by far the best. Like the other reports, it will not contain much about Mika’s suits or about the setting since I was again a 1.59m girl stuck behind a lot of taller people. :annoyed:

Not much to say about the opening act. It was a female DJ who dit a set of electronic music. Not my taste but it slowly did liven up the audience.

As usual, Mika was late. His gig was suposed to begin at 8pm. It began at a quarter to 9pm. And, as usual, Mika had an explanation for his lateness.

The first song was Bougez. It began with the « firebird Mika in a cage » setting (I wish I had seen it better , it must have been stunning !). As for the song, my first thought when I heard « Bougez », last summer was that I was eager to hear it on stage as it promised to be a banger. Well, I confirm, it is ! Definitively, a song made for the stage.

The second song was Apocalypse Calypso. As my favorite song from the new album, I couldn’t wait to hear it live and I loved it very much.

The third song was a nice surprise : Talk about You. First time hearing it live and I liked it a lot. At the end of the song, he explained his lateness was not his fault but the audience’s who was late due to traffic jam (It’s true my bus got delayed due to traffic jam but I was there at 7pm and most of the audience was there by 8pm). Well, he said he was ready and waiting in the cage with the 35kg pair of wings on his back. So, his release (during Bougez) will have conséquences.

The fourth song was Sweetie Banana. After finishing the song, he said his bow tie ? costume ? was perfect at start but was getting more and more messy as time goes by. He didn’t knew if it meant he wa getting less or more devilish:devil:. He also found several disguised or with props people in the audience : a carrot, a non identified costume, several giant flowers and a rainbow.

The fifth song and second surprise : Feels like Fire. It was so fantastic to hear it on stage, even more with Nomfundo Moh’s part on video ! I was also impressed by how quickly he changed from his red suit to his yellow one at the song’s beginning.

The sixth song was Underwater. At one point, he greeted the stands who wre on fire and one particularly energetic woman with an orange scarf, dancing in the aisle. He declared her the captain of the stands with the mission of directing people around her. He then engaged a battle between the stands and the mosh pit’s « enfants terribles » (the mosh pit won !:cheer:) and another one before making us all sing together.

The seventh song was Relax. The audience, fired up by the Underwater exercice, sung a lot. It was followed by the eighth  song, Yo-Yo.

The ninth song was Jane Birkin. He explained he’s making his sequin suit by coating the suit with glue and rolling in sequin. He gets sequin on his face and founds them everywhere for two days after a gig, even spitting sequin while brushing his teeth. He then compared his everyday life where he doesn’t dare, notably in subway where he doesn’t dare looking people in the eye, focussing on his phone like he just received a bad news when he is just watching videos (of cats ?) on TikTok and this moments, while singing Jane Birkin where he and we dare to be ourselves.

The tenth song was Moi, Andy and Paris. He said that, in reality, love songs who are defending love are the meanest because they either speak of break-up or imaginary love.  In contrast, Moi, Andy et Paris is mean but also full of hope for a solution for their couple to endure. He remembered us Happy Ending was not a love song and told us he had a collection of videos of people using Happy Ending for their wedding (which he regretted telling us about!:doh:). He also told us Andy promised to drink a beer each time Mika sang this song. And finally, he told us he will have to deal with this mess at Bercy but that by « mess » he meant the situation not the person (Andy) because he’s an ass but that much.

The eleventh song was Big Girl. As usual, he went down in the audience, this time with Max. He told us once again the story of the Butterfly Lounge which was created by a woman who was fed up of being laughed at and wanted to create a place where everyone, men and women could be who they wanted to be. While going back toward stage, he came near me and god…I NEVER HAVE BEEN CLOSER TO HIM !! :wub2:I could have touched him if I wanted. Strangely, maybe because of my height, I remember more his yellow suit than his face. I Can confirm you it’s not plain yellow but slightly shinny like satin.

The twelfth song was Elle me dit. At one point during the song, he told us we needed a plate full of vitamins and color to deal with everyday life. He then invited on stage a group of roughly ten colorful fans, calling them by what he thought they were. Haphazardly, those I remember : a carrot (the Sweetie Banana one), a tulip, Nana Mouskouri, the orange scarf stands captain (who took way too much time going down for his taste) and a korean fan who made a 9 500km travel to see him. As he was tired, he gave them the mission to make us dance and lay down on stage. Music started again and they danced like mad men and women bringing us with them . But as Mika still wasn’t convinced to dance, they pulled him on stage while he was still lying down. Obviously, Mika finally stood up tp dance with them. At the song’s end, they all bowed down together (which I found nice for the fans). Once they got down from stage, Mika explained to us that, in english, what they did to him earlier was called « to drag ». He then said he was « draguer » on stage, pun on « to drag » and the word meaning « hit on someone»  in french.:lol3:

The thirteenth song was 30 Seconds which he played on the swan winged piano. I listened to this song for the second time shortly before the gig and took a real liking to it so I was very happy and moved to hear it.:heart:

The fourteenth song was Grace Kelly, still on the swan winged piano. Toward the end of the song, a giant inflatable rainbow sprung up from the piano. He then moved up to the fifteenth song, C’est la Vie.

At that point, I thought the concert has ended but no. The audience was on fire, screaming « Mika, Mika ! » and he obliged us with FOUR more songs.

The first one was Happy Ending. The way he sung it sounded like he was sorry he had to leave and he made it last for a very long time.

He then did Love Today. Toward the end, he told us he was gonna make Montpellier fly but, as we are shy, he asked for all the lights be turned off. He then asked us to remember this moment when everything was dark, even in broad daylight (I promised, Mika and I intend to keep my promise !) and, on the count of three, made us jum like mad men and women . Even if I was living this moment for the fourth time, I think I will never get tired of it.

But, it still wasn’t finished. He then did Any Other World. I was really hoping he would do it since I promised myself to register it for my aunt whose it is her favorite Mika song. So, I have one video from the gig with a s**tty video quality but a good sound if anyone want it (and if a manage to upload on forum).

Finally, he ended with a very joyous We are Golden and bowed down with his musicians. He seemed very moved by Montpellier’s reception. As we were leaving the zenith, an instrumental of I see You played and obviously, I had it stuck in my head during my whole return to my hotel. I also got Mika songs stuck in my head (mainly Moi, Andy et Paris and Apocalyse Calypso) for the whole week-end but I don’t mind.

As I said, it was , in my opinion, the lenghiest (even if, even with 4 supplemental songs, it was still too short to my taste) and best Mika gig I went too ! Can’t wait for the next one !:cloud:

Do you record all the concert to talk about it with such precision ? Or you have a big memory 🧠 :biggrin2:

15 hours ago, Cornélie Berté said:

Do you record all the concert to talk about it with such precision ? Or you have a big memory 🧠 :biggrin2:

Thanks @Cornélie Berté! I have indeed a good memory but for this concert, I took little notes for each song with the name of the song and a sumary of what Mika was saying or else, I tend to mix up with wich song he said that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...