Ticket touts. Unbelievable!

Sarah_Lou

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah! :furious:

I'm afraid it's going to come with the territory though ....the world and his wife will want a piece of our boy now :blink:

I'm just glad I bought my tix when I did, the manchester ones I got on the fly 'cos I hadn't heard any of the music then ..just heard the buzz so wanted to go see what it was all about.

I often do that with new bands/artists just to broaden my horizons a bit.... although 9/10 I'll end up going ..'teh fook ...why have I just wasted £6/7/8+ whatever, plus drinks/fares on that! ' :roftl:

How much?!

Ahhh. It's so infuriating when you see tickets going for those sorts of prices. The thing is, people pay it, so the touts get what they want.

I still think they should stop ticket selling on e-bay. Then those websites where you can sell/buy tickets for the face value helped to be made more..."known".

I hate ticket Touts, I do not see why they do it or what they accomplish from it. I mean yes they might be getting some money back but it isnt a crime that is usual that you commit. They are just spoiling it for others for people who want cheap tickets and actually want to see him. It is stupid. Luckly enough i have tickets for his manchester gig and i got them early enough :D

A lot of forums have pre sale links available only to forum members when tours start, it doesn't get rid of touts, but it at least gives genuine fans a head start to get their tickets before they go on open sale.

There was something on Watchdog on BBC the other night, that mentioned there are steps to making it illegal to sell tickets above their face value. I hope it gets into legislation.

The worst cases are where people buy non existent tickets at sky high prices from plausible-sounding companies, only to be left hanging around at the venue and being given the run around or a no-show (in both senses of the word). Cliff Richard was on the programme (filmed) and spoke out about this and was very sympathetic to his fans. The artists need to get behind it.

CW,

If your only option is getting a ticket through a tout. I would say wait til the gig starts, and then you can probably get it for 8 quid. Yes, you will miss the first song, but it probably won't be the last time you ever see him right? I know peeps that are going to like 5 MIKA gigs on his UK tour.....

Manny

xoxoxoxo

If your only option is getting a ticket through a tout. I would say wait til the gig starts, and then you can probably get it for 8 quid. Yes, you will miss the first song, but it probably won't be the last time you ever see him right? I know peeps that are going to like 5 MIKA gigs on his UK tour.....

Manny

xoxoxoxo

I went to a gig last year some time, but had only bought one ticket. My friend travelled with me and planned to buy a ticket outside...and then they asked for £100! We had £40 with us, so we literally couldn't pay that price.

Eventually, the doors opened and we managed to get the ticket for £40. Soon after, just before the main act came on, we found somebody else who had just paid the face value of the ticket. So that's very true, they wait for the show to start and then begin to lower the prices.

We weren't TOO pleased with what we'd paid but...it happens :thumbdown:

I searched for tickets and couldn't believe their was a ticket tout website:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

face value £8.00..... our price £55.00!!!!!

it should'nt be alowed.

lv, andi xxx