You Can Mika My Day, Annie

Cautionary Wife

Chart Topper Mika has been compared to Freddie Mercury but the singer says it's Annie Lennox who has been a massive influence on his career.

And the Beirut-born singer, who crashed into the top of the charts last week with Grace Kelly, reckons he and Annie would form the perfect duet.

Mika, 23, was recently told off by a sound engineer for sounding too Scottish when recording the single and his album, and now he's confessed it's Annie who is his ideal singing mate.

He said: "Annie's voice is amazing. I can sing in the same register as her.

"If we both sing in the same key it's really cool. She is one of my favourite vocalists ever and is so expressive."

Mika got the chance to listen to Eurythmics star Annie in the flesh when they shared the same voice coach.

He said: "I'd listen to her practising. I really like Scots people. My piano teacher is Scottish and we all came from the same Scottish-Lebanese background. There is warmth, a physicality where you can interact with anything."

GLASGOW DAILY RECORD, UK

27 January 2007

Showbiz Liz & Beverley Lyons

CW.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

i just want to bump this! :thumb_yello:

we have been talking about Sweet Dreams so much recently....:mf_lustslow:

so

you fans living in the country that counts something!:biggrin2:

...any rumours there about a duet? or a meeting at some festivals (annie will doubtfully be attending though...)?:cool:

that would be far better than the ditto's one! :blink:

They MUST do a duet together! Screw Madonna, its all about Annieeeee! Woot! I love both of them!

YES!!!

he sings sweet dreams SOOO good! they would make a perfect duet!!! thinking bout it...they do kinda have the same vocal range...:thumb_yello:

He's sung Proclaimers covers once to I think... and they're Scottish aren't they. Hm interesting :D

What's wrong with sounding too Scottich anyway? :blink::lol3:

the problem with being scottish is that no-one understands what your saying :roftl: