2. Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby

3. Just Jack - Starz In Their Eyes

4. Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene

5. Mason - Exceeder

TOP FIVE UK ALBUMS

1. Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion

2. Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City

3. Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

4. Norah Jones - Not Too Late (pictured)

5. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

Pop newcomer Mika is celebrating after reaching number one in the UK singles and album chart simultaneously.

The Beirut-born singer's debut album Life In Cartoon Motion entered at number one, while lead single Grace Kelly spends a fourth week at the top.

The top three albums are all new, with Bloc Party and Fall Out Boy at numbers two and three respectively.

Leeds-based rock band Kaiser Chiefs are the highest new entry in the singles chart, reaching number two with Ruby.

Other new entries in the Top 40 come from Justin Timberlake, 2Pac, Jessica Simpson and hotly tipped indie band The Long Blondes.

The highest climber is Nelly Furtado, who jumps from 37 to 19 with Say It Right.

Other singles rising swiftly up the charts include Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape and Take That's Shine, which climbs from 30 to 17 - leapfrogging their previous hit, Patience, in the process.

In the album charts, Norah Jones falls to number four after a week at the top, while Amy Winehouse sits still at number five.

Lesley Garrett's ballad collection, When I Fall In Love, is a new entry at 11.

Download attempts

Next week's chart could see several older songs returning to the Top 40, as fans try to exploit recently changed chart rules.

Since January, all downloads count towards the singles chart - no matter when they were released or whether a CD single is out.

Morrissey devotees have started a campaign to get the singer's recent album track Life Is A Pigsty into the top 40 through download sales.

And a website called It Should Have Been Number One is hoping to send Oasis' Roll With It to the top of the charts.

The song was originally beaten to the top slot by Blur's Country House during the Britpop "war" of 1995.

Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles has already managed to manipulate the rules to get Billi

---

CW.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mika's my space message.

Hi and thank you from MIKA (in San Fran)

Body: I just wanted to send out a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me on here over the past few months. I know exactly where the bulk of support I’ve been getting has come from. I have just received a text message telling me that the album has made number one in the UK. I am sitting here in my hotel room in San Francisco, its 3:00 am, I’m totally jet-lagged and everyone is sound asleep. Funny how things pan out. So I sit quietly elated, gorging on the junk food in the mini bar.

Thank you, to all of you.

Mika xx

Thought i'd post it for those that not be on Mika' myspace.

CBBC

Sunday February 11 2007 19:01 GMT

Mika is at the top of the singles chart for the fourth week in a row with his single Grace Kelly.

What's more, his debut album Life In Cartoon Motion is doing just as well, shooting to number one as soon as it was released.

Back in the singles chart, Leeds lads Kaiser Chiefs made a comeback, with their new single Ruby at two.

Just Jack's Starz in Their Eyes is at three. Fall Out Boy fell to four with This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race

Chat about music

Back in the album's charts, Bloc Party made their own comeback, as A Weekend in the City entered at two.

They saw off Fall Out Boy's Infinity on High, which only made it to three.

---

CW.

post-40-142983647813_thumb.jpg