The Official Freddie Mercury Rememberance Thread

I adore the way Fred looked too Crina, dont get me wrong i just wanted to get the point across that we are not simply all letching hussies, I was just trying to stick up for us:biggrin2: And all you says true Fred was known for his generosity in all things, what a star:biggrin2: Mind you had in been totally different in personality, like a depressed abusive angry aggressive man, maybe you wouldnot love the way he looked so much, I know I wouldnt. It's Fred I love(ed) not his make-up(my make up may b flaking, oooh bless him what a sweet shining star!

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what i loved and still love in freddie was his way of singing...not only because of his voice ( no words to descibe it..) but because he used his voice like an instrument...it's hard to explain this concept...but when he sang all the songs, from the "happiest" and "funniest" to the "saddest" of "deepest" he followed the "crescendo" of the music...not really what he was singing (with that i don't want to say that he didn't follow the lyrics)...but his performances grew with the growth of the song...an example...think about the video of "Time", when the song reaches the highest moment the lyrics are "Time waits for nobody, time no waits for none...." not a very positive message, but he's singing with smile on his face feeling especially the "crescendo" of the music...:blink:

i hope there something understandeble here...:roftl:

Now THAT'S what I really love to see...people expressing their feelings...LOve you, people! Now that's the real rememberance thread!

Ok, my turn...Freddie...it seems like I know him since the day I was born. He's very very close to me...just like a family member, a brother. Literally I was listening to his voice since my early childhood, maybe that explains many things. Freddie is the most amazing musician ever been on Earth, but I think I wouldn't cherish him so much if he wouldn't be so generous, so kind and so true, so pure. And so honest. About everything. And when that terrifying thing happened, when he already knew he will die soon, he was so strong. As never. I think that's the biggest thing, that his inner power and courage. I don't know if somebody else could behave so. Huh...and he said it's boring to live when you are 70...but I know he just wanted to calm himself. I didn't want to die. I just feel it. Nobody wants. Specially Freddie. Maybe he never found that true love he was looking for, that happiness, but he loved life anyways. And this Man shows how much everybody can do in their lives if they only want it and keep trying. And keep loving that good, hard and crazy life.

oh god i adore Freddie, what a loss!!! queen is my all time fav, i guess u could say through queen i discovered mika!

my parents first met at a queen concert in madison square garden SO I GUESS IN SOME WAYS I OWE FREDDIE MY LIFE LOLOLO!

like many have said on this thread, i have always felt a special connection to him (like a family member), even if i happened to b a baby when he died, i still miss him! some of my fondest memories of my dad picking me up from kindergarden, and me begging him to put on queen in the car on the drive home! (i'm gonna cry now! lololo)

[/size]

i forgot who posted this, i was just reading through the thread...but it really stayed with me..."Look at him, listen to him, feel his power... How can you doubt that there is a God?" or something like that

that is exactly how i feel, i've never thought of it that way!

i was watching a concert of this one band on dvd (i'm not gonna say who because i firmly belive their lead singer is good, but is no where near as good as freddie) i was partiularly moved by one song , i paused it and turned to my best friend who was watching it with me and said "how is it possible for one man to move so many people?" and she said pointblank "some people just have it"...and i thought of freddie, and i knew it had to be something more...religious or not, i think everyone can agree some people are blessed

oh god i adore Freddie, what a loss!!! queen is my all time fav, i guess u could say through queen i discovered mika!

my parents first meet at a queen concert in madison square garden SO I GUESS IN SOME WAYS I OWE FREDDIE MY LIFE LOLOLO!

like many have said on this thread, i have always felt a special connection to him (like a family member), even if i happened to b a baby when he died, i still miss him! some of my fondest memories of my dad picking me up from kindergarden, and me begging him to put on queen in the car on the drive home! (i'm gonna cry now! lololo)

[/size]

that is a great story:biggrin2:

I adore the way Fred looked too Crina, dont get me wrong i just wanted to get the point across that we are not simply all letching hussies, I was just trying to stick up for us:biggrin2: And all you says true Fred was known for his generosity in all things, what a star:biggrin2: Mind you had in been totally different in personality, like a depressed abusive angry aggressive man, maybe you wouldnot love the way he looked so much, I know I wouldnt. It's Fred I love(ed) not his make-up(my make up may b flaking, oooh bless him what a sweet shining star!

i know what you're meaning. i just wanted to write why i really admire him. and if i'm not wrong, in " THE SHOW MUST GO ON" RICK SKY said that freddie was sometimes agressive with people around him like BARBARA VALENTIN , shouting, yelling or breaking things or instruments on stage or in his house. but that's another face of the pressure being such famouse people or being simply tired.

but i love him anyway. don't ask me why, i simply doand i'll do it till i die.

I LOVE HOW HIS VOICE SOUNDS IN INTERVIEWS. I WOULD LISTEN IT NON STOP. HE HAD SOME GREAT INTERVIEWS

do you even fancy fred on page 97 of the above book(this is the real life):roftl: :roftl: :roftl: Not his best look eh! God love him:wub2: oooh and yeah i love that interview, its hilarious and OMG his eyes are sooo intense

Now THAT'S what I really love to see...people expressing their feelings...LOve you, people! Now that's the real rememberance thread!

Ok, my turn...Freddie...it seems like I know him since the day I was born. He's very very close to me...just like a family member, a brother. Literally I was listening to his voice since my early childhood, maybe that explains many things. Freddie is the most amazing musician ever been on Earth, but I think I wouldn't cherish him so much if he wouldn't be so generous, so kind and so true, so pure. And so honest. About everything. And when that terrifying thing happened, when he already knew he will die soon, he was so strong. As never. I think that's the biggest thing, that his inner power and courage. I don't know if somebody else could behave so. Huh...and he said it's boring to live when you are 70...but I know he just wanted to calm himself. I didn't want to die. I just feel it. Nobody wants. Specially Freddie. Maybe he never found that true love he was looking for, that happiness, but he loved life anyways. And this Man shows how much everybody can do in their lives if they only want it and keep trying. And keep loving that good, hard and crazy life.

I almost bursted into tears while i was reading your post....

and I think that you're righ...he didn't want to die...i think that he loved life...maybe too much...and as he sang "Life is a bitch"...she gives you everything and then you have to give her all back...

I almost bursted into tears while i was reading your post....

and I think that you're righ...he didn't want to die...i think that he loved life...maybe too much...and as he sang "Life is a bitch"...she gives you everything and then you have to give her all back...

Yes, he was completely in love with life, and he took so much from it. Well, life took him back. I can't stop thinking about what happens after death...I just can't understand....when you die...is it just over...or you still feel something...or...I don't know...I think that's the biggest secret of life. And then when you go after that...where's Freddie right now...I hope he's watching us.

Yes, he was completely in love with life, and he took so much from it. Well, life took him back. I can't stop thinking about what happens after death...I just can't understand....when you die...is it just over...or you still feel something...or...I don't know...I think that's the biggest secret of life. And then when you go after that...where's Freddie right now...I hope he's watching us.

yes it uite impossible to imagin what happens after...i'm nor religious, so i don't believe in life after death...but yes...really hard to think about it...death is the saddest thing in life....

and i hope that Freddie can fell how we love him!!!!

Ive just watched Queen live at wembley 86 , amazing , I love him on one vision , the power is amazing :punk:

Amazing show. That dvd makes it so very clear just how much huge Queen was and just how much they had achieved up until that point. My favorite performances are def Love of My Life and Bo Rhap. :wub2:

you are right totally fab concert, Carrie from here is in the video!:shocked: how lucky can a girl be:biggrin2:

I love lap of the gods and love of my life and that bit where fred says give me the right chord for fu**s sake... and i love the mary lou song...it all rocks really:biggrin2:

i also loved when after his almost 2 minutes of voclises he end saying f*** you! to the crowd. it was really the best time of show.

i just saw today this concert on youtube. in my country this dvd is way too expensive to affort it. see, my salary is 6 700 000 lei and a dvd is 2 000 000 lei. so, is way too expensive.

So anyway we all know that we adore Queen and Fred but where were you what where u doing when you heard about Freds death(for those old enough) Or/And when you first realised you really loved Queen/Fred? We have heard some stories already but i would like to hear everyones, if you want to share.

One Freds Passing

At home

The eve B4 i heard radio one saying that he had announced he had AIDS and was bisexual, I was very naive so didnt realise the seriousness of this and my parents tried to belittle it as much as possible when i asked, but i got the idea it wasnt good news, then the next morning my alarm went off for school and the DJ on radio one was saying.........ercury who died today..... and that was it, i cried all day, when i was alone, in the shower, at school, it was a horrible thing to happen, I had two special Queen mates at school, one of them was very supportive the other just cried and made a big fuss and got loads of attention. She is still a cow to date! So that was it.

Two

First heard Queen blaring from my big brothers attic room..Princess of the universe. I demanded he told me who was singing and give me a copy of the tape, he did! Also The Great Pretender by freddie, was on top of the pops and i copied him on the video jumping of the couch pretending to be him! I was taken then and there forever, things just went on from there. HIghlander video was another of my first Queen experiences and then flash gordon!

i also loved when after his almost 2 minutes of voclises he end saying f*** you! to the crowd. it was really the best time of show.

i just saw today this concert on youtube. in my country this dvd is way too expensive to affort it. see, my salary is 6 700 000 lei and a dvd is 2 000 000 lei. so, is way too expensive.

Thats not good! Why is it so expensive, you have the CD of the concert i presume? I have the video, dvds didnt exist when i got it, or i didnt have a player anyway! I am getting some of the videos I have on DVD for my bday, I wonder if i can send them to you via my computer? I know how to put them on, would you like me to? I cant do it until i have the DVDs as i only have all my stuff on video at the mo.!!! I think I will have them next friday

Thats not good! Why is it so expensive, you have the CD of the concert i presume? I have the video, dvds didnt exist when i got it, or i didnt have a player anyway! I am getting some of the videos I have on DVD for my bday, I wonder if i can send them to you via my computer? I know how to put them on, would you like me to? I cant do it until i have the DVDs as i only have all my stuff on video at the mo.!!! I think I will have them next friday

not all cd-s or dvd-s are expensive . for example miks's cd is only 300 000 lei in my money, so i bought it. but all about queen is very expensive. i assume thai is because queen a famouse band and this is their " price" . it's a way of speeking.

really? you can send me when you have time . it's not a hurry. i have no words to thank you enough. i really, i 'm mean it i will thank god for your generouse gesture. thank you again very much.