The first time...

hotdlp

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've heard Grace Kelly for the first time in january, while i was coming back from New York (my christmas holidays) and was on the car with my dad and it played on the radio, but they didn't say the name or the song title. I kept listening to that radio station till it was aired again, few days later: this time they told title and artist: i immediately searched for it on the web, kept on listening to GK all the day, everyday! then i've found out LICM, and my obsession for him grew more and more, till now: an addicted to this forum and youtube!:naughty:

My husband picked me up to take me to work and he had been raving about this song called Grace Kelly. Then it came on R2, and he was like "this is it, this is it...!" We sat in the car and listened to it until it finished to hear who sang it before we went into work. When we got back from work we looked Mika up on myspace and the rest is history.... :wink2:

So I guess you could say that hubby was the original Mika fan in our family, but I think perhaps I am a little more obsessed than him now! :roftl:

I first heard about Mika during first week of January, when I read about the BBC Sound of 2007 poll, and I promptly went and looked up his website to see what the fuss was all about, and it was literally WHAM !! The album sampler thing and the graphics and everything just did my head in from the first second and I remember thinking: "He is going to be a HUGE star". It was literally that instantaneous.

January, 31th.

On "AllMusic".

Because of my sister, who shouted to me there was on video a guy "who sings like Freddie" -she said so-

I watched Grace Kelly Video.

It was Love at first sight.

And I entered in the Magic.

My colleague introduced me to Mika's album sometime in January- she'd somehow manged to get hold of it before it's release- the James Morrison forum had people raving about Mika, that's how she heard of him- and from the first hearing of "Relax-Take it Easy, (iTunes download) she was hooked!!! She'd managed to track down the album all in one night from that "first hearing"!!

She knew I would "dig" it too!!! Anyway that's when I learnt that he'd been on the music scene a lot longer then that...I can't fathom how we missed it all!!! He'd even played near where I live in East London in the winter, I was soooo gutted, but I got to see him when he played @ FOPP...yay!!...and will do when he play's at Shepherd's Bush Empire in May.

What did it feel like...the first time? Being hit from all sides- his album is so diverse, there's something for everyone...

:wub2:

The first time I saw Mika ,was February 10th.I was watching TV with my sister and suddenly Grace Kelly started.I said,''Mika, who is he?My sister answered,'' he must be gay''.I didn't pay so much attention at her, because his curly hair, his big eyes and his wonderful voice drove me CRAZY!!!!

It took me one week to realize that he was the kind of singer I was searching for.Since then I am a desperate MIKA FAN.:wub2::mf_lustslow::naughty::thumb_yello:

omg...the fist time i heard grace kelly...instantly hooked...its so addictive well mika is soo addictive. I was in my best friends car on the way home when she had the album playing in the car...good times :) now hes the love of my life lol

love you Mika