The first time...

hotdlp

It's been a while now (or maybe not) since Mika came out and I was wondering if anyone remembers the day when they first heard of him.

I first heard Grace Kelly in January while I was revising for exams so I didn't pay much attention to it but I always remembered it as the colour song. Then when my exams were over I thought ok i'm going to listen to that colour song properly and then I just couldn't stop playing it over and over again. Wow Mika your songs are so amazing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in the states, I was watching MTV early one morning while I was getting ready for school. and they did an interview with Mika. That was the first time I had heard of him, or the song "Grace Kelly." I was instantly hooked!!! I was like "Omigosh he's FABULOUS!!" :)

I first heard him on MTV one morning getting ready for school and I literally stopped what I was doing and gaped at the TV! My first thoughts were a) wow, that song is awesome, b) he sounds like Freddie!, and c) WOW HE'S GORGEOUS! :wub2: Then I screamed downstairs for mum to turn on the tv and listen to the groovy song that was on. :roftl:

I remember it was in the beginning of February...i was watching a show on MTV and during the commercial they had a preview of "Grace Kelly" I went right online and found out who had that amazing voice and have been hooked ever since.

First time, Perez, but I didn't listen to the song as I had decided that we didn't have the same taste in music; I knoow! I make amends! :D

Second time, allegedly, from my friend, and allegedly, I did not pay attention, but I really don't remember! So she claims the title of the first person who introduced me to him, but I really doubt that as there were a lot of us around so maybe she made everyone else listen to her ipod but not me.

Third time's the charm: saw the video on Musique Plus and it was love at first sight/listen... the chorus is such a hook! So I illegally downloaded it but then of course bought the album :P And I must say, I never download things illegally, see what Mika makes me do! It was February 17th I think, and my life changed forever. Cue the music!

Yes, I remember! Two of my friends, Charlie and Zach, both wanted me to hear Grace Kelly. Zach suddenly went offline for whatever reason, so Charlie told me to go to his myspace and watch the music video. I couldn't really be arsed, but he kept telling me how amazing it was so I was like okay whatever...so I listened to it.

At first I was like yeah, I can understand why it's number one. Meh it's okay.

But I gave it a second shot. And the more I listened to it the more I loved it.

In the end I listened to it every morning before I went to college XD

And now I have his album. I've signed up to this forum, and Mika's site forum. I have my own Mika folder on my computer. I absolutely ADORE him to death and I wanna see him live and meet him and...I'm just plain obssessed now XD

It was sometime the beginning of March.. I kept seeing his video for Grace Kelly on Much Music, but I KEPT missing what it was called and who the singer was, but I loved the song and video instantly.. and yeah after I finally got hold of Mikas name I looked him up online.

The first time I heard Mika January 15th at around 8:30pm :D

I watched a video of him on the Jools Holland show and his performance of 'Grace Kelly' blew me away. I actually said, "He's the male version of Regina Spektor!" (I remember all of this because my best friend had the vid up on her blog) hehe.

I've got my best friend to thank for introducing me to him music, yay! :)

Well I don't remember exactly when but I was sleeping and my radio alarm went on... and I was half asleep and didn't want to get up so I listened to the radio... and then Grace Kelly started... the sound on my little radio is crappy and I was like : WHAT ?? Is that Freddie Mercury singing ??? I don't know this song !?!? And I wondered if they had found some old track that hasen't been released or something... I was really intrigued and I thought it was so catchy !!! Then over the next week I heard a couple of times on the radio and liked it more and more !!! But each time I couldn't catch the signer's name nore the title. One day I finally heard what his name was and I looked on YouTube for the video and I was instantly hooked !!! I then found his mysace and his website and I became obssessed !!! lol !!! I downloaded the song (illegaly... shame on me... but it was just so I could survive until the album came out)... so then I discovered this site and now it has taken over my life !!! I bought tickets to his show, bought his album and went to his show and now I can't wait for him to come back !!!!!

First time I heard Mika, It was his song "Relax, take it easy". I didn't listen who it was cause I thought it was some Scissor Sisters or some like that... (would have been their best song of all times)

I have no idea when I heard this song, but later when I got to know all Mika's songs, I recognised I had heard this song before!

In last December the vid "Grace Kelly" started to flash in my livingroom...

(At the time I had TV with the channel MTV on, as a background noice )

I remember loving the song and dancing and singing along everytime it came on MTV (never done that with any other songs on MTV).

Finally one day I actually was looking straight at the tv screen and the vid came and hit me in one second!!

I was like: "What, who is this Mika I have listened for so long!??" And ran to the Myspace...

I actually made my Myspace account the same day just to add him as my friend and send a comment... :naughty:

I first heard Grace Kelly on radio 2 at the beginning of January.

I was decorating a room in my parent's house and has to put down the paint brush to listen because he voice was so amazing.

I didn't catch who it was by, so I had to wait until it was on again.

I thought that it was a band, not an individual, so I googled loads of different spellings of Meeker, Micar etc until I found my way here (and life has never been the same since!)

I first heard of Mika on a Dutch board where I'm quite active.

A friend of mine (she's quite into 'unusual' music too) posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzA0nG_PurQ

Ik weet niet of Blue het misschien al gepost had...maar vind het echt een liedje om vrolijk van te worden !

I don't know if maybe Blue has already posted this... but I really think it is a song that makes you happy!

And this was my reply:

Ik kende het nummer zelfs nog niet eens, maar hij klinkt idd wel vrolijk! :j

I didn't even know this song, but it sounds very happy indeed!

That was on the 26th of February. On the 5th of March another member of the board started a thread on Mika and from that moment on I was completely contaminated, spoilt, lost and so on. :bleh:

I first heard Mika on July, last year... Grace Kelly was the first song I've heard and I loved the sound right away! :punk:

A friend told me about him and I checked his MySpace page...and that was it! lol I have a blog with a friend, and a few weeks later I wrote a post about Mika...I HAD to do it...I had to spread the word! :roftl: Now, she's a massive fan too! Eheh :naughty:

I heard relax last year and thought ohhhh i like that..... didnt hear about him again until Scott Mills played Grace Kelly when i was driving home from work early Jan(I think) ..... and i was thinking "thats that guy!" so spent hours waiting to see the video and when i did it was like ........... OMG!!!! and iv been obsessed every since:thumb_yello: so i saved up all my pennies to get a laptop so i could find out EVERYTHING about him and now i have no life and only MIKA!!! LOL

I first saw Mika at a talkshow here in Holland called Jensen..

Only saw the last minutes from the interview, but I immediately thought: Wow!!

Then he began to sing and now I'm totally addicted.:wub2: :wub2:

Actually I think I heard Relax before... Last summer in Germany or France. I didn't realise it was Mika though, but when I first heard the album this song sounded so familiar to me...

But the first time I was fully aware of his existence was on the 26th of Feb this year. :biggrin2:

I heard Relax back in september or october, but eh...I didn't like it :boxed:

I heard Grace Kelly when someone on a forum I moderate was complaining that someone from the forum stole pictures of forummembers and used them on myspace profiles :doh: Anyway I checked out the myspace pages of course and one of these weirdoes had Grace Kelly playing on their profile...and after listening to it 20 times while trying to figure out who the hell made the profile, it was stuck in my head and I had to get it :wub2: that was in January :blink: The case of the stolen pictures was never solved :roftl:

I discovered him one night around 2 AM in the morning lol I was bored and didn't want to go to bed yet so I turned on the TV! I was running through the channels and pure coincidence I watched Italian TV for some moments (I don't even understand Italian)! then Mika came in to perform Grace Kelly and I remembered hearing this song on the radio, I had always found it cool but never really paid attention to it! I had a hard time to sleep that night so the next day I tried to find out who he was... a bit later I bought the album registered on the forum... and for one week I did nothing but watching videos on youtube :roftl: (I even forgot to eat haha)... I think like many of you I'm a little obsessed!

I was into the habit of listening to music at the Yahoo Music Videos UK & Ireland sight. Videos of him singing several of his songs came up randomly and I clicked off of them for the first couple of times. (I know, I have had to come to terms with my shame and guilt for this) Finally, I listened to one all the way through, then all of them all the way through again and again and again. Then I went searching for him on the internet. Isn't it so cool to be someone who heard him before he was REALLY big? The first time I heard him in public in the US was background music at a movie theatre. At first I didn't even recognize Grace Kelly because it was so out of context. He had been my own private little gem for so long!:wub2:

The first time? Well I was watching Vh1 and I saw the Grace Kelly video! The very first time I just thought yeah, it's a good song...but when I heard it again it just really got me! You know, Grace Kelly is one of those songs that just couldn't get out of your head!:roftl:

It was January 7th at night and I had just come home when my mom stopped me to make me listen to "this guy that I will love". She played the youtube vid of grace kelly and of course I immediately thought of Freddie and how much he sounded like him. I loved the song so I listened again and by the second time around I decided he wasn't like freddie but had an amazing sound all his own. Naturally, I was hooked the moment I heard his voice ^_^

The first time I heard about Mika was somewhere in January and February.

I was watching/listening to VH1 while doing my homework..and then Grace Kelly was on and I was like

OMG

I stopped my homework and googled/youtubed him and I saw the link of this site from youtube, made an official Mika folder then, going to make a Mika scrapbook just about HIM and been getting low scores in my tests and homeworks ever since :D

yaaaayy ;)

That moment was sooo magical >.<

the first time i heard Mika was on the ipod of a friend ! "Relax" was starting to be huge in france thanks to the tv show "le grand journal", it was in the beginning of january.

I thought "relax" was just ok but that it was just like any other song. Then my friend kept telling me about how gorgeous and fab was mika, so i ended up on utube typing " mika " and ....

and there was the shock when i first listened to grace kelly ^___^. French call it le coup de foudre LOL !!