Mika and more for Big Chill

dcdeb

Mika and more for Big Chill

30 March 2007

Mika has been confirmed to play this year's Big Chill festival, with loads more also announced.

Other artists set for the three-day sejourn in the Herefordshire hills include Isaac Hayes, Low, TY, Richie Havens, Ulrich Schnauss, Kate Rogers, Another Fine Day, Bonobo and Cortney Tidwell.

Hafdis Huld, Bombay Dub Orchestra, Ben Westbeech, The Bays, Karizma, Gilles Peterson, Patrick Forge and Aaron Ross will also perform over the weekend.

The Big Chill takes place in Eastnor Park, Ledbury, from 3-5 August.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/3416

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WORCESTER NEWS

20 Apr 2007

MUSIC legends Issac Hayes and Richie Havens have been confirmed for the Big Chill Festival.

Joining them at the three-day event, held at Eastnor Castle in August, will be breakthrough singer-songwriter Mika.

American folk singer Havens was the opening act at Woodstock Festival and he's noted for his guitar skills and foot tapping.

Hayes is regarded as a soul legend. He penned the award-winning Shaft theme-tune and, in 2005, made it into the Songwriters' Hall of Fame. By the late 1990s, he was best known as the voice of Chef on South Park.

Also performing is flavour of the moment Mika, whose debut album Life In Cartoon Motion reached number one as well as the catchy single Grace Kelly.

The Big Chill takes place in Eastnor Deer Park from Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5. Full line up and tickets are available from http://www.bigchill.net.

Alternatively call the ticketline on 08700 667733.

---

CW.

Ah, the Splendour in the Park in Brisbane (AUS) is on the same dates... So there might be a conflict then... :wink2:

Yeah... But Splendour in the Park was a supposition, they said he MIGHT be there, since he was in Japan, and both festivals often shared the same artists... I guess they were wrong for this one ! :wink2:

Well... Splendour in the Grass is saturday 4th and sunday 5th... I don't think he would fly from Big Chill to Splendour in the Grass !! :naughty: In the other way, it MIGHT MAYBE have been IMAGINED... But not from England to Oz... Simply impossible due to time difference...

So Tia, you just confirmed that he won't be in Splendour in the Grass this year... :wink2:

So, MIKA will be in England and not in Brisbane? it's in august so maybe i could come..please can anyone tell me something more about this festival? is it worthy? cause i've seen the price and it's quite expensive...

This really annoys me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mika's website should update its pages, tickets for all these things are so expensive and you have to buy quick to get them, then you dont even know for sure if they are even go to be there so MIKA GET SOMEONE TO UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE?MYSPACE PAGES!!!!!!!! thx!!! :)

This really annoys me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mika's website should update its pages, tickets for all these things are so expensive and you have to buy quick to get them, then you dont even know for sure if they are even go to be there so MIKA GET SOMEONE TO UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE?MYSPACE PAGES!!!!!!!! thx!!! :)

totally agree!

So, MIKA will be in England and not in Brisbane? it's in august so maybe i could come..please can anyone tell me something more about this festival? is it worthy? cause i've seen the price and it's quite expensive...

Yes, mika has been confimed for the big chill this year so he'll be in the uk... Just an hours drive from my house!!! :)

Fansites are always more "up to date" than official ones... Cause fans are thousands to look for info and put it on their site... Whereas official ones don't really care (as much as fans do)... So keep an eye on our Calendar !! :thumb_yello:

Fansites are always more "up to date" than official ones... Cause fans are thousands to look for info and put it on their site... Whereas official ones don't really care (as much as fans do)... So keep an eye on our Calendar !! :thumb_yello:

I will thx!! u do a good job with the calendar here, im thinking you may have to and work 4 mika!!

Its a worry thou when uv spent alot of money on tickets and promised a 7yr old she be seeing mika!!! :)

I am also trying to go, with my daughter as well, so the two of them can play together :wink2: tia's child and mine, I mean.

Im still keeping my fingers soooooo crossed for you!!!!!! I put the booklet in the post 4 u this morning:)