Mika on French Interview

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres the interview! It's at 3mins 30 sec <3

thx exactly what I was thinking about... I forgot in what interview it was exactly... but listening to the french interview again he does not pick uip on her accent at all... lol I think his accent changes more when he speaks english... when he speaks french it's really the french accent from France all the way...

ok here's the translation for the Musique Plus interview:

Narrator: And the new sensation from london shares his joy of living and his contagious energy with Johanne...

(we see the "info plus" logo)

Johanne : Good evening and welcome to Info Plus. Born in Beirut the singer Mika has tremendous succes right now with his hit Grace Kelly. He was in Montréal yesterday and I had the chance to meet him to talk to him about his expectations for his first album, Life In Cartoon Motion.

(we see Mika at the Club Soda singing Big Girls)

Johanne: Concerning the title of the album, do you really see your life like that, like a cartoon or is it that you are someone that really loves cartoons ?

Mika: Hum... I think because... it's because I had a lot of problems in school, and I have spent a great part of my life, of my childhood actually, silently looking at what was going on around me... yeah... and I think I felt a bit as if, everything was going on around me in a (struggles to find a word meaning "cartoony").... "cartoony" way...

Johanne: Cartoony yes, cartoon...

(we see a small clip of the Grace Kelly video)

Johanne: You were born in Beirut, then you moved over... there was a lot of turmoil in your life, with your father, your father was held hostage during the first war in Irak, you moved to Paris, now you're in London... How do you find balance in all this and how has your past influenced your life...

Mika: I think...

Johanne: Or rather your music...

Mika: I think it's very lebanese... when everytning's dark, when everything's depressing or difficult, we jump on the table and we have a party and we pump up the music !

(we see a clip of Freddie Mercury singing We Are The Champions)

Mika: I had a lot of comparisons...

Johanne: yeah...

Mika: with Freddie... it's been years actually...

Johanne: yeah...

Mika: I think he was incredible...

Johanne: But his personality... maybe, was there was something there that...

Mika: No it was his voice... it was the way he wrote songs... with such a melodic intensity...so... powerful... Hum... I love the idea that we can write pop songs or rock songs... and... hum... put so much melody in them...

(we see a clip of Mika at the Club Soda singing Relax)

Johanne: What's gonna happen for you in 2007, what do you want to happen rather ?

Mika: On tour...

Johanne: On tour ?

Mika: On tour for a year...

Johanne: mhmm

Mika: one year

Johanne: And then what do you want to do... one year one year !! hahhaha

Mika: hum... on tour on tour on tour on tour on tour !!!

Thanks for the vids and the translation. I am forever impressed with his language skills, and those of you on the thread. He makes me want to learn French. Swoon...

yeah and he also speaks spanish... impressive...

I can teach you a little french if you want :wink2:

Translation of the interview !! It's really an old interview !! :shocked:

Mika : how are you ?

the interviewer : great, what about you ?

Mika : do you want something to drink ?

the interviewer : yeah a glass of water !

*grace kelly*

since three years, this song of Mika, named "Grace Kelly" has been spread all over the world !

Mika : I've traveled a lot in two weeks! in sweden, norwege, London, Texas, Quebec...

the interviewer : the singer has therefore a full timetable, but that doesn't prevent him from caring about his look !

Mika : i'm gonna change my clothes !

he changes his pull-over, he brushes his hair, and five minutes later ...

the interviewer : some say that you are the king of pop !

Mika : oye oye oye ! no comment ! it's ridiculous !

the interviewer : not so ridiculous since his first album is number one in Britain and number 2 in Canada, mostly because of the first song : Grace Kelly

*Grace Kelly*

the interviewer : Grace Kelly is a revenge towards all the people who wanted you to be someone who you aren't ?

Mika : Exactly ! Especially a revenge towards a record company in London. They told me that what i did was completely impossible to sell !

" i tried to be like grace kelly you know, but all her looks were too sad , so I try a little freddie , I've gone identity mad !"

the interviewer : and the reference of freddie, it's for "freddie mercury" and for queen !

Mika : people compared me a lot to him, even before i did this album

the interviewer : Why that?

Mika : because of the voice !

The interviewer : he looks like freddie mercury because of his voice and because of his energy on stage, and we could see that this week in Montreal

*relax, take it easy*

he had made the crowd go mad, especially with the song " relax take it easy"

the interviewer : it's gonna be your next single !

Mika : maybe yeah !

the interviewer : you never thought of that ?

*mika laughs*

mika : yeah maybe ...

But before the summer, you're surely gonna hear a lot more "grace kelly", mika's first success which is out next week in the US

we bet that this young prodigy is going to travel a lot more !

*mika shows his watches*

the interviewer : which hours do you have ?

Mika : well, i've got France , Great Britain, and i have normally a third one ...

the interviewer : you're right, because the whole world lives at mika's time !

Mika : Kerchingggggg-A !!!

Thanks! :D

I don't know if this one has already been posted or not. I don't think that I have seen it around here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KkJ5OlHeOA

he appears 3 times.

I tried to translate what he said:

question: do you get hit on more often since your song has been released?

Mika: Unfortunately not, I don't have time.

Q: Does it turn you on if one keeps on the socks on bed?

M: No it's horrible, socks in bed? It is bad for the circulation!

Q: Your favourite drug?

(he doesn't answer this one)

I don't know if this one has already been posted or not. I don't think that I have seen it around here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KkJ5OlHeOA

he appears 3 times.

I tried to translate what he said:

question: do you get hit on more often since your song has been released?

Mika: Unfortunately not, I don't have time.

Q: Does it turn you on if one keeps on the socks on bed?

M: No it's horrible, socks in bed? It is bad for the circulation!

Q: Your favourite drug?

(he doesn't answer this one)

Here's a trick if you want to know if a vid has already been posted... you copy/paste the URL of the vid in the search button of the forums... This one has already been posted but it was great watching it again ! I love the face he makes after he says that keeping your socks in bed is bad for the circulation ! :roftl:

Here's a trick if you want to know if a vid has already been posted... you copy/paste the URL of the vid in the search button of the forums... This one has already been posted but it was great watching it again ! I love the face he makes after he says that keeping your socks in bed is bad for the circulation ! :roftl:

thanks I hadn't thought about it, because I hadn't seen the link here and I thought I had seen almost everything lol

Happy you liked the interviews I recorded for you guys. A friend in France put it on Youtube for me. They're kinda old because it took me a while learning how to convert them for the Internet. Great that some of you took the time to translate them!

Here they are if you want to download them:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYUN5H9S

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V0TJ2UNC

But they're still in french!:wink2:

Gen