My ''Stuck in the middle'' explenation.

nikoulini

Yesterday,i had nothing to do so I sat down and put (once again) 'Life in Cartoon motion'.While ''Stuck in the middle'' was playing I came up with an explenation for its lyricks.Mika doesn't want to talk about it.Why?'Cause it is personal.

So ,I thought that its title connects with Mika's phsycological situation.His stuck in the middle.He can't decide what to be.He is stuck between the boy and the man.Between the man and the woman('cause many say that he's bi,I think he's straight).He is confused that's why he doesn't want to talk about it.[/color

But I want to send him a message.

MIKA BE YOURSELF.

DON'T CHANGE FOR ANYONE

IT'S YOUR OWN LIFE AND YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT!

AND DON'T FORGET THAT ALL YOUR FANS ARE WITH YOU.

WE LOVE YOU AND WE'LL NEVER TURN YOU DOWN

.:lightsabre:

What do you think?Leave your own message for Mika!

And check out his recently interviews on:

http://www.myspace.com/nikoulini

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he is stuck in the middle because he's got four siblings, and he's the middle child. :) But I don't know for sure if he's meaning that...

I thought that too because of the lyric "Are five kids better than one?"

I don't think it's only about him having siblings. I do think the song is about a person in his family, a song he sings to him/her. But don't matter, what's the point of us trying to figure out what it means. He wrote it so he knows what it means, that's good enough. We can only give our interpretations :P

I do think that the stuck in the middle between boy-man is true. He's in that age range too so... I feel like that too, between girl/woman, between studying/work.... there just is a phase in human life where you are stuck in the middle in every part of your life. That's what it means to me.

Was quite sure it was to do with his relationship with his father? Talks quite a bit about friction in the song 'this is who I am, this ain't a greater plan to break your heart' (or something). Presumed it was about growing up in his family (based upon tradition) and sometimes it wasn't easy, being the middle one of 5 kids, fighting with parents etc, looking forward to living alone - 'in honesty' etc etc. I thought he wasn't talking about it because it's so personal - who wants to talk to a journalist about your personal life???

Let's look at the lyrics, shall we?

I sit down and think about the day that you're gonna die

Coz your wrinkled eyes portray the joy with which you smile

Care to see my reason? Care to put your life in mine?

Looking at life from the perspective of a boy

Who's learnt to love you, but has also learnt to grow

Could we make it better, stormy weather?

So hard to know

--Here, Mika goes back in time. Back when you're a child you accept things the way they are. You ask a question, you get an answer. "who's learnt to love you but has also learnt to grow". Growing up you develop your own opinions and start to question things. So here, his feelings towards someone begin to change.

The first three lines could suggest that someone he knows doesn't seem to understand him and seem to make fun of him.

Ah, ah, ah.

Is there anybody home?

Who will believe me, won't deceive me, won't try to change me?

Ah, ah, ah.

Is there anybody home?

Who wants to have me, just to love me?

Stuck in the middle

--Someone quite clearly doesn't like him for who he is. Well, that's what I get anyway.

I look at you, you look at me, we bite each other

And with your bitter words you kick me in the gutter

But my troops are bigger than yours, coz you'll never start my fight

Ours is a family that's based upon tradition

But with my careless words I tread upon your vision

Are five kids better than one, who doesn't lie to become?

--Hmm really doesn't get on with someone does he lol. I reckon it is a family member. "But my troops are bigger than yours" the four siblings are on Mika's side I think, and the reason why I think of the siblings is because if we're honest, I doubt Mika had many friends at school because he was bullied.

I say it could be a family member, this song could also be aimed at the bullies themselves. I mean look at the lyrics, they could be interpreted either way.

Repeat CHORUS

This is to my *something*

This ain't a greater plan to break your heart of me (I think)

I know that what I've started means that *something* we've parted

I can live in honesty

--Don't really know, as I don't actually really know the lyrics O.o

Repeat CHORUS

So thats my interpretation.

Was quite sure it was to do with his relationship with his father? Talks quite a bit about friction in the song 'this is who I am, this ain't a greater plan to break your heart' (or something). Presumed it was about growing up in his family (based upon tradition) and sometimes it wasn't easy, being the middle one of 5 kids, fighting with parents etc, looking forward to living alone - 'in honesty' etc etc. I thought he wasn't talking about it because it's so personal - who wants to talk to a journalist about your personal life???

I thought the same, about his relations with father. You and him were talking about mother, siblings, but I've never heard a word about his father, so maybe this song is sung to him, for him... Are five kids better than one? I think, this words mean (for me) that he may have some kind of grudge against his father, but I'm not sure... I just think, that it will be better if we leave this theme alone, if Mika doesn't want to talk about it and explain the meaning of this song, let's respect it.

I thought the same, about his relations with father. You and him were talking about mother, siblings, but I've never heard a word about his father, so maybe this song is sung to him, for him... Are five kids better than one? I think, this words mean (for me) that he may have some kind of grudge against his father, but I'm not sure... I just think, that it will be better if we leave this theme alone, if Mika doesn't want to talk about it and explain the meaning of this song, let's respect it.

oh I quite agree. I respect the fact he doesn't want to talk about it, we're not forcing him to tell us. We've all got our interpretations and whether one of us has got it right or not, we don't know. But it's fun trying to figure it out.

I just read the lyrics a couple of times and I think it's about people expectations on you. For me it's about beeing stuck in the middle between what people expect of you and who you really are.

"This ain't a pretty plan to break your heart of me.

I know that what I've started means that when we have parted

I can live in honesty." That sounds like you've decided to be honest and not try to live up to the expectations, which may hurt other people, but it's necessary (sp?) to live honestly.

I just read the lyrics a couple of times and I think it's about people expectations on you. For me it's about beeing stuck in the middle between what people expect of you and who you really are.

"This ain't a pretty plan to break your heart of me.

I know that what I've started means that when we have parted

I can live in honesty." That sounds like you've decided to be honest and not try to live up to the expectations, which may hurt other people, but it's necessary (sp?) to live honestly.

That's a good interpretation, I like it :thumb_yello:

hmm But but Mika said in an american interview it was about his mum / grandmother :blink:

how the relation ship towards your elders changes when you get older

i cant find the link but its the one Raha is in :thumb_yello:

well, personally I find it more interesting with peoples personal interpretations of songs than trying to figure out what Mika means...

Dont bite my head off :blink:

Im just saying thats what he said in an interview :blink:

Yesterday,i had nothing to do so I sat down and put (once again) 'Life in Cartoon motion'.While ''Stuck in the middle'' was playing I came up with an explenation for its lyricks.Mika doesn't want to talk about it.Why?'Cause it is personal.

So ,I thought that its title connects with Mika's phsycological situation.His stuck in the middle.He can't decide what to be.He is stuck between the boy and the man.Between the man and the woman('cause many say that he's bi,I think he's straight).He is confused that's why he doesn't want to talk about it.[/color

But I want to send him a message.

MIKA BE YOURSELF.

DON'T CHANGE FOR ANYONE

IT'S YOUR OWN LIFE AND YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT!

AND DON'T FORGET THAT ALL YOUR FANS ARE WITH YOU.

WE LOVE YOU AND WE'LL NEVER TURN YOU DOWN

.:lightsabre:

What do you think?Leave your own message for Mika!

And check out his recently interviews on:

http://www.myspace.com/nikoulini

Oh....We have a philosopher among usssssssss :punk:

I like your interpretation!!!