who is from Lebanon?? Can you teach us some lingo please?!

paula.pop

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i'm from lebanon ok lets start with the easy things:

1. i love you mika : bahebbak ktiir ya mika

prononciation:ba: like bambi

he:like hello

bbak:like back

in "ktiir" the i are not pronounced y... it's like the i in ibiza. ya is just ike it's writen.

now how to say hello:

in lebanon we just say hi but the lebanese word for hello is "marhaba"

pronunciation:

mar:like mary

ha:like haha (the a aren't pronounced ay, just a u know like aaaa)

ba :like balloon

if u want to learn other words just tell me wich ones.take care :)

Ktir bhebak ya Mika...bhebak ktir ya Mika... (doesn't make a difference LG, sa7?)

This might sound crazy, but just the other day I was recording a few Lebanese phrases for Tia to learn! :)

hey i'm from lebanon ok lets start with the easy things:

1. i love you mika : bahebbak ktiir ya mika

prononciation:ba: like bambi

he:like hello

bbak:like back

in "ktiir" the i are not pronounced y... it's like the i in ibiza. ya is just ike it's writen.

Thanks for that - I hope I remember it if I ever meet him - but I will probably be so spell-bound I will find it hard to speak in English!!!! :thumb_yello:

Is there somebody who has already spoken with Mika in Arab language? If it's the case, does he speak Arab as well as French?

Lana86 asked him if he could speak Arabic when she saw him in Toronto, and he replied with 'shway', which means 'a little'. So I don't think he's as fluent in Arabic as we'd like him to be :sad:

Lana86 asked him if he could speak Arabic when she saw him in Toronto, and he replied with 'shway', which means 'a little'. So I don't think he's as fluent in Arabic as we'd like him to be :sad:

ROFL, I'm sure if you asked him if he spoke English or French he would say the same :wink2:

He also says that he can't speak french very well. I'm french and i can tell you that his french is almost perfect. Few mistakes and a little accent whereas he doesn't live in France.

Forgive for my english. I'm not Mika!

Girls! I study Arabic and I knew nothing bout phrases Sou and Lebanese Girl wrote:thumbdown:

Though it's quite understandable, cause we study the classic variant, which nobody speaks:boxed: Seems quite useless, doesn't it?:cool:

Well, in my understanding "hi" is "salam"

and "how are things" is "kaifa halika (if you ask a guy)/"kaifa haliki" (for girl)

and I love you is "Uhibbuka" (addressing a guy) "Uhibukki" (addressing a girl) - that's almost what they write on MacDonalds paper glasses in arabic for "I'm Lovin' It":biggrin2:

Hey, Sou & Lebanese Girl! Is anything from my knowledge true?!:shocked:

Girls! I study Arabic and I knew nothing bout phrases Sou and Lebanese Girl wrote:thumbdown:

Though it's quite understandable, cause we study the classic variant, which nobody speaks:boxed: Seems quite useless, doesn't it?:cool:

and "how are things" is "kaifa halika (if you ask a guy)/"kaifa haliki" (for girl)

and I love you is "Uhibbuka" (addressing a guy) "Uhibukki" (addressing a girl) - that's almost what they write on MacDonalds paper glasses in arabic for "I'm Lovin' It":biggrin2:

here ur speaking the old arabic, the arabic u read in books and stuff but if u go in lebanon talking that way 2 people they'll tease u a bit. but everything u said is correct... just isntead of sayin uhibbuki we say bhebbik and i haven't heard the word salam for ages now... lol

Classical Arabic! May God be with you! hehe It's hard, but so far you're doing greattt!

On the McDonalds paper glasses they write 'Ana Aheboh', which literally means 'I love him', but it also used to say 'I love it'. Hope that made sense! :)

Well as lebanese girl and sou said...that's the old arabic...the arabic spoken on the news...written in litterature etc....but not usualy spoken by lebanese but i'm sure Mika can understand it too , if he can understand "schway" the lebanese form of arabic....:wink2: