2007 - Mika @ 9:30 Club Washington, DC - 12 June

hoochatootch

Oh my goodness!! I really hope we can meet MIKA!! That would be a dream come true!! This is my first MIKA concert! I don't really know what to expect, but I'm ready! I'm gonna dress crazy in bright colors (even though that is so not my personality hehe) I want MIKA to notice me! (I can dream...) :biggrin2: So does anyone know info about this place it's at? What the venues like? Are cameras aloud? etc. If so, I'd love to know! :thumb_yello:

I'm coming all the way from Cleveland! I can't believe my parents said yes to taking me, but I'm so excited!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mf_lustslow:

Oh my goodness!! I really hope we can meet MIKA!! That would be a dream come true!! This is my first MIKA concert! I don't really know what to expect, but I'm ready! I'm gonna dress crazy in bright colors (even though that is so not my personality hehe) I want MIKA to notice me! (I can dream...) :biggrin2: So does anyone know info about this place it's at? What the venues like? Are cameras aloud? etc. If so, I'd love to know! :thumb_yello:

I'm coming all the way from Cleveland! I can't believe my parents said yes to taking me, but I'm so excited!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mf_lustslow:

Hi Ranae! I've never been to the 9:30 Club before, but from what I hear it holds about 1200 people -- but I have no idea how well tickets for Mika are selling, or how crowded it will be. It's not in the greatest part of DC -- rather near Howard University, I think. I'm not sure about cameras -- guess we'll find out when we get there. For more about the club, you can check out its website here:

http://930.com/

There are several of us planning to meet up before the show, and I think I speak for all of us when I say we plan to also hang around afterward to see if we can meet Mika. :) We're talking about getting some MFC signs/banners and also about maybe some kind of group gift -- gotta keep up the fan club tradition! I'm sure as it gets even closer (only 25 days now! woo hoo!) we'll be posting more and more about it!

Looking forward to meeting you!

dcdeb

Cleavland?!! That's far!!! Isn't NYC closer than D.C??

Nope...DC is closer than NYC & about the same distance as Chicago...I would've gone to the Chicago concert, but I couldn't get tickets! I'm just so excited that I'm gonna see him at all!!!! :punk: Anywayz..road trips are fun! lol

dcdeb:

Thanks for the info... That would be fun to have a fanclub get together & a group Mika gift...If we got a gift to him we might be more likely to meet him too! hehe I can't believe how soon the concert is....I'm going crazy!!! I really hope we can have cameras!!

Well, I just discovered that Mika's show in DC is SOLD OUT! :shocked:

I had no idea -- I mean, I'm glad, but I really am surprised! I see tickets selling on ebay, which really took me by surprise. At least that means that the show won't be cancelled due to low sales... but it also means I'm going to have to get there even earlier than I was originally planning...

Hmmm... the show is three weeks from tomorrow. Do you think NOW is too soon to start queuing at the door? :naughty:

dcdeb <just a little excited>

WOW!:shocked:

sold out?

took a while though, considering we ordered the tix a while ago!!!

well, we did have a heads up!

im sure they have been advertising locally????

It was listed twice in teeny tiny print in the weekly ad the 9:30 Club runs in the Washington Post. This past Friday, I actually freaked out a bit, because MIKA's show wasn't in the ad at all -- my son was laughing at how upset I got. But now I think maybe it wasn't in there since the tix were already gone? I don't know. I have yet to hear Grace Kelly or Love Today on a local radio station, and the only people I know who have even heard about Mika have heard about him from ME.

I sure hope Lissy got her ticket now!

dcdeb

Wow, sold out? That means my sister won't come with me after all...

Hahah, but I guess that just means I'll be free to try and meet all you lovely people! I'd be worried about going to a show alone otherwise, but I'm sure I won't be alone!

--Jack

i'm so happy for you guys!!! we'll all be waiting for your reports!!:punk:

sold out..wow, the guy is a prodigy!!

i have a request: can anyone buy me a rosette like this one at the official merch? i'll send the money wih paypal or whatever....:blush-anim-cl: please PM me if you can

1086305684_m.gif

Mirtilla, I'll get you one if at all possible!!!

SOLD OUT? Wow...

I want our boy to be successful here, but in truth I was hoping for a little room at this venue. Oh well, the more the merrier I guess.

I'm getting more excited by the day.

I'm making a small scrapbook, so anyone who wants to add a page make one! The colors are red white and blue, due to the venue being Washington, DC--so we are going with a patriotic color scheme. The size is approx. 4in X 4in., so don't make them bigger than this. You can make yours creative or plain, make it a note or a work of art, put ribbon on it, paint it, distress it, use crayon, put a picture of yourself on it, whatever you like.

Let's try to get this stuff to me within the next two weeks, ok?

SOLD OUT? Wow...

I want our boy to be successful here, but in truth I was hoping for a little room at this venue. Oh well, the more the merrier I guess.

I'm making a small scrapbook, so anyone who wants to add a page make one! The colors are red white and blue, due to the venue being Washington, DC--so we are going with a patriotic color scheme. The size is approx. 4in X 4in., so don't make them bigger than this. You can make yours creative or plain, make it a note or a work of art, put ribbon on it, paint it, distress it, use crayon, put a picture of yourself on it, whatever you like.

I'm TOO excited! Woo hoo! We'll make sure Mirtilla gets a rosette -- there will be enough of us there, so that someone should be able to!

And mgpm, didn't you say the little scrapbook also had a pocket to put small things in? Or was that something else?

dcdeb

SOLD OUT? Wow...

How do we get in on that???

Kjoshi, just make a page, 4x4 inches. Put anything you want on it, a poem, a note, a picture, anything you want to say, and I'll put it in the little book.

I'll give anyone who wants to contribute my address and you'll send them to me, and I'll put it all together...and we'll give it to Mika in DC.

Color theme is red white and blue.

Kjoshi, just make a page, 4x4 inches. Put anything you want on it, a poem, a note, a picture, anything you want to say, and I'll put it in the little book.

I'll give anyone who wants to contribute my address and you'll send them to me, and I'll put it all together...and we'll give it to Mika in DC.

Color theme is red white and blue.

Sweet!! I'm in...I'll start on it this weekend!

:)

I finally got my ticket situation sorted out. I'm guaranteed a ticket held for me at the box office on the day of show since I already paid. I should have just chosen that option to begin with. Oh well. I'm so relieved! Now I really can't wait for the show!!

I've been to the 9:30 club a couple of times and it is a very good venue. It can hold roughly 1200 people but there is an upstairs area (the balcony) and the downstairs area (the pit). The stage of course is located in the pit/standing room area as well as the bars and merchandise tables. Many people I've noticed actually prefer watching the show from the balcony. I never have...I like to be as close to the stage as possible. And I know we all want to be close to the stage area when it comes to Mika.:naughty:

At the last show I went to at the 9:30 club back in October for Jamie Cullum, I was in the very front. There were no barriers or gates blocking me from the stage. So, I was able to lean forward onto the stage and lay my purse and jacket in front of me. I could probably have even touched Jamie's foot if I were brave enough. That's how close I was. It was really amazing and comfortable! I hope to get the same view/position this time around.

As far as cameras/pictures I know they are normally allowed at the 9:30 Club as long as they are not professional photographer cameras. I think their policy mostly depends on the artists' request. Videos aren't permitted but I was sneaky and took couple at the last show I went to so I'm hoping I can do the same.

Aw the scrapbook idea sounds great! But I'm afraid I won't have time to make something. I don't even know what I would write. I just hope I can meet him afterwards and thank him in person for a wonderful night.:wub2:

Thanks for telling us about the club! That's good info to know.

I'm getting so excited. I keep saying that same phrase...but the feeling inside is just building and building. I don't allow myself to think of it even much during the day, or else I get very distracted. I start wondering what it's going to be like to actually hear his voice in person. I hope he does "Over My Shoulder."

Lissy! I'm so glad that you got your ticket sorted! I was so worried that you, the person who was so kind to give us the early warning, would have problems!

Thanks for the news about the club. You're so right -- we want to be up front! I've got a 2' x 3' MFC sign on the way, so we want to be in spot where Mika can see us!

I am not at home this weekend -- holiday weekend at the shore with family -- and it's so hard to contain my excitement amongst all these "non-believers" :wink2:

Can't wait can't wait can't wait!

dcdeb <16 days and some to MIKA in DC!>

I finally got my ticket situation sorted out. I'm guaranteed a ticket held for me at the box office on the day of show since I already paid. I should have just chosen that option to begin with. Oh well. I'm so relieved! Now I really can't wait for the show!!

I've been to the 9:30 club a couple of times and it is a very good venue. It can hold roughly 1200 people but there is an upstairs area (the balcony) and the downstairs area (the pit). The stage of course is located in the pit/standing room area as well as the bars and merchandise tables. Many people I've noticed actually prefer watching the show from the balcony. I never have...I like to be as close to the stage as possible. And I know we all want to be close to the stage area when it comes to Mika.:naughty:

At the last show I went to at the 9:30 club back in October for Jamie Cullum, I was in the very front. There were no barriers or gates blocking me from the stage. So, I was able to lean forward onto the stage and lay my purse and jacket in front of me. I could probably have even touched Jamie's foot if I were brave enough. That's how close I was. It was really amazing and comfortable! I hope to get the same view/position this time around.

As far as cameras/pictures I know they are normally allowed at the 9:30 Club as long as they are not professional photographer cameras. I think their policy mostly depends on the artists' request. Videos aren't permitted but I was sneaky and took couple at the last show I went to so I'm hoping I can do the same.

Aw the scrapbook idea sounds great! But I'm afraid I won't have time to make something. I don't even know what I would write. I just hope I can meet him afterwards and thank him in person for a wonderful night.:wub2: