2007 - Mika @ 9:30 Club Washington, DC - 12 June

hoochatootch

Thanks for the news about the club. You're so right -- we want to be up front! I've got a 2' x 3' MFC sign on the way, so we want to be in spot where Mika can see us!

I am not at home this weekend -- holiday weekend at the shore with family -- and it's so hard to contain my excitement amongst all these "non-believers" :wink2:

Can't wait can't wait can't wait!

dcdeb <16 days and some to MIKA in DC!>

yes yes!

quite right you are!

we WILL be in the front where he can see us!:thumb_yello:

oh dcdeb!

i will be spending the weekend with "non-believers" as well!:thumbdown:

will be hard to maintain coolness, when all sorts of little things remind me of mika....:wink2:

man oh man, saying i'm excited would be an understatement!

i've been a member of the mikasounds forum for a little while now, and made a thread about this show, and all that.. and no one else is going. haha so i'm glad i joined these forums, because there's a bunch of us!

i have an exam that day until noon-ish, so hopefully i'll be there by 1 or 2-ish. 930 is pretty much my second home.. and i can't wait to meet mika!

man oh man, saying i'm excited would be an understatement!

i've been a member of the mikasounds forum for a little while now, and made a thread about this show, and all that.. and no one else is going. haha so i'm glad i joined these forums, because there's a bunch of us!

i have an exam that day until noon-ish, so hopefully i'll be there by 1 or 2-ish. 930 is pretty much my second home.. and i can't wait to meet mika!

hey becca!

welcome to the mfc!

so glad you found us!:wink2:

hey becca!

welcome to the mfc!

so glad you found us!:wink2:

Yes, welcome, becca! Looking forward to meeting you!

It's a shame no one from the mikasounds forum will be here...

Only 16 days!

dcdeb

I finally got my ticket situation sorted out. I'm guaranteed a ticket held for me at the box office on the day of show since I already paid. I should have just chosen that option to begin with. Oh well. I'm so relieved! Now I really can't wait for the show!!

I've been to the 9:30 club a couple of times and it is a very good venue. It can hold roughly 1200 people but there is an upstairs area (the balcony) and the downstairs area (the pit). The stage of course is located in the pit/standing room area as well as the bars and merchandise tables. Many people I've noticed actually prefer watching the show from the balcony. I never have...I like to be as close to the stage as possible. And I know we all want to be close to the stage area when it comes to Mika.:naughty:

At the last show I went to at the 9:30 club back in October for Jamie Cullum, I was in the very front. There were no barriers or gates blocking me from the stage. So, I was able to lean forward onto the stage and lay my purse and jacket in front of me. I could probably have even touched Jamie's foot if I were brave enough. That's how close I was. It was really amazing and comfortable! I hope to get the same view/position this time around.

As far as cameras/pictures I know they are normally allowed at the 9:30 Club as long as they are not professional photographer cameras. I think their policy mostly depends on the artists' request. Videos aren't permitted but I was sneaky and took couple at the last show I went to so I'm hoping I can do the same.

Aw the scrapbook idea sounds great! But I'm afraid I won't have time to make something. I don't even know what I would write. I just hope I can meet him afterwards and thank him in person for a wonderful night.:wub2:

wow! there are many clubs which doesn't have barriers between the stage and the crowd and this is so cool! when i was in milano there were not only the barriers, but also a bunch of photographers standing in front of us:sneaky2: and of course security guards...

the thing about 930 is, sometimes there's barriers, sometimes there isn't. there never used to be, but the last 2 times i've been there there have been, but i guess it could depend on the show.

as far as the security guards go, they're cool at 930. if you go there enough you get to know them haha and it comes in handy having them on your good side!

and if you're worried about meeting him, have no fear :) it's a piece of cake at 930. as long as you're willing to have some patience, unless the person is really sick, really mean, or really really famous, you'll be just fine. at least in my experience :)

Hey!! I'm so excited!!

I'd like to participate in the scrapbook thing...I just need to know where to send it! :)

Also, does anyone know if 930 is non-smoking? Just wondering.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!:wub2:

Hey!! I'm so excited!!

I'd like to participate in the scrapbook thing...I just need to know where to send it! :)

Also, does anyone know if 930 is non-smoking? Just wondering.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!:wub2:

nope, smoking is allowed. at least at the bar, i know that much for sure.

nope, smoking is allowed. at least at the bar, i know that much for sure.

Becca, what can you tell me about the parking? I bought the ticket to park in the club's adjacent lot -- will I be able to get in to the lot earlier than 6:30?

dcdeb <two weeks from tonight! Mika in DC!>

The show is in just two weeks!!

I'm going insane!!

I can't wait!!

About the smoking...I don't think it's only at the bars. When I was there in October (this was several months ago though) people around me were smoking. It was being blown in my face. I almost couldn't stand it. Cigarette smoke is disgusting. Luckily the smokers ended up leaving the front early on and I wasn't bothered through the whole show.

I'm hoping there will be no barriers for Mika. I'm sure it varies with the artists who are performing but the past couple of times I've been to the club no barriers were seen. So I guess we'll have to wait and see!:biggrin2:

Becca, what can you tell me about the parking? I bought the ticket to park in the club's adjacent lot -- will I be able to get in to the lot earlier than 6:30?

i am wondering the same thing......:blink:

you should be fine, i've parked in the lot early in the day, so unless anything has changed in the last few months, you should be able to park there earlier than then :)

you should be fine, i've parked in the lot early in the day, so unless anything has changed in the last few months, you should be able to park there earlier than then :)

Great! Thanks!

Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!

dcdeb <12 days 8 hours 26 minutes to MIKA in DC!>

I tried to buy a parking thing on the website but when I clicked on the parking thing and didn't work. I'm worried cause I'm driving 5 of my cousins up there with me. Any advice???

Have you guys decided when you are gettin there??

Door open at 7:30 right...so does 6:30 sound ok?

We haven't gotten that far in our plans, yet. :naughty: I think I may

be getting there earlier than that... I'm sure we'll be posting here as

soon as we get the details sorted.

Hoochatootch, mgpm, and I (the oldlings of the DC contingent, I think :wink2: )

are planning on getting together before the show. I'm hoping that lots

of other MFCers who are going will join us! The more the merrier, right?

And just so you know, I have a 2' x 3' MFC banner that we'll be proudly

displaying, so we should be easy to find. Oh, and we should be wearing our blinking hearts, making us even easier to spot!

dcdeb <11 days 16 hours 43 minutes until MIKA in DC!>

We haven't gotten that far in our plans, yet. :naughty: I think I may

be getting there earlier than that... I'm sure we'll be posting here as

soon as we get the details sorted.

Hoochatootch, mgpm, and I (the oldlings of the DC contingent, I think :wink2: )

are planning on getting together before the show. I'm hoping that lots

of other MFCers who are going will join us! The more the merrier, right?

And just so you know, I have a 2' x 3' MFC banner that we'll be proudly

displaying, so we should be easy to find. Oh, and we should be wearing our blinking hearts, making us even easier to spot!

dcdeb <11 days 16 hours 43 minutes until MIKA in DC!>

dcdeb - what time are ya planning on getting there? I'm driving up as soon as I can spring my kids from school that day (who knows maybe we'll skip school that day - bad mother, bad mother), and I was hoping I wouldn't be the first one there. I'm also an oldling (I'm sure that I am the oldest of the oldings group coming (how sad:( )).

dcdeb - what time are ya planning on getting there? I'm driving up as soon as I can spring my kids from school that day (who knows maybe we'll skip school that day - bad mother, bad mother), and I was hoping I wouldn't be the first one there. I'm also an oldling (I'm sure that I am the oldest of the oldings group coming (how sad:( )).

Still haven't figured out what time I'll be there, Marianne. I'm dragging my

neighbor along (poor woman!) and I have to wait for her to get home from

work... but she finishes around 3, so I hope I'll be there no later than 5. I'd

like to miss the rush-hour traffic if possible. (ha, in Washington DC?)

Anyhow... I suppose we'll figure this timing out soon... it's getting SOOOO close! We'll let you know for sure!

dcdeb

PS I'm 47 :wink2:

yes!

- marianne - the kids are in half days that whole week!

:thumb_yello:

Anyhow... I suppose we'll figure this timing out soon... it's getting SOOOO close! We'll let you know for sure!

dcdeb

and deb, i meant to tell you that i ended up getting a room at the navy lodge - all the hotels in springfield that werent too expensive looked a bit scary... and tyson's corner were all expensive!

i would have liked fairfield or courtyard, but ALL the marriott chains in the area were listed as no rooms available for that date!

is there a convention or something going on that week???:blink:

dcdeb

I drove up to DC to go to the mall (Ikea) about two weeks ago. I took me over 3 hours, and I didn't even go near the "beltway".

Got you beat - 51, 52 in June.

and deb, i meant to tell you that i ended up getting a room at the navy lodge - all the hotels in springfield that werent too expensive looked a bit scary... and tyson's corner were all expensive!

i would have liked fairfield or courtyard, but ALL the marriott chains in the area were listed as no rooms available for that date!

is there a convention or something going on that week???:blink:

Hey thanks for reminding me, I have to call the navy lodge and get a room, it's a Tuesday so hopefully it won't be all booked (I've stayed at that lodge before and its very nice) I believe you are a navy wife? My husband is retired navy (3 years retired).