The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I won't get my hopes up til I hear Cherisse go "one, two" - then I'll get my ticket......

LOL LOL:wink2:

What, me cynical???? ROFL!:sneaky2:

I will make sure this doesn't go flat!

woowowowowowowoow!

my piano teacher and I have some sneaky plans

omg

having to meet all of you ill be shy.

i definitely wont walk over to you guys. you might have to come see me. :naughty:

I'll be there no matter what

just phoned work and let them I am taking that day off.

I don't ask anymore.. I just say..I am having that day off..

I love having power!!

Other then the possible Montreal date, do you know any other possbile Canadian dates?

Ergh, this makes me mad since i was born in Montreal but my parents just HAD to move to Calgary..

:thumbdown:

:roftl:

dont worry just keep on checking back here in the next few weeks, some more tour dates have got to be announced.

Ok I have a lot of catching up to do with the thread so please bare with the few next quotefests !

LOL

They just cancelled to support The Kaiser Chiefs in London No rescheduling for now :thumbdown:

wow, that's gotta make us feel special... :thumbdown:

It really depends on the timing and the venues. Queuing for hours in Montreal in January is really not a great option, but if he just does some one-off gig there I'm sure everyone who possibly can is going to go.

If he plays some big seated venue in Toronto like Massey Hall then I'll definitely be looking to also see him at a club in a smaller US market. If some Brits are willing to go to NY then I'd like to be there too.

We need to revisit this when he announces dates.

I have said it and will repeat it, I'm willing to go to any gig within a 700 km radius of Montréal...lol!!!

And if there's a NYC MFC gathering... I am SOOOOOO there !!! :punk:

WOOOOW! WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Le'ts hope for tour dates soon!

This is awesome! I think he is sooo funny! I loved Dollaraclip! It was just too much fun to me!

Dollaraclip was THE SHIZZZZZ !!!! loooooooooooooooooooved that show it's the funniest thing EVER !!!!!

Louis-José Houde is the shiz

I just want to send a BIG thank you to the woman who was in front of me in the line up at Spotchek today!

If she hadn't been there to exchange the snowboard she had purchased for her boyfriend and talk the ear off the sales associate about what kind of bindings and boots she would need to buy....

I would've missed the Grace Kelly video that played on the TV above the cashier's head!! For once I really didn't mind being stuck behind someone who couldn't stop talking.

Alright, there's my super happy moment for the day!!

LOLLOLOLLL

its called:Pyoderma gangrenosum

an immune disease where my skin cells are attacked by antibodies

it was misdiagnosed as just a bug bite....it was not...it was a more serious disease...but all is on the mend...and I still have my leg!!!

omg hope you're going to be ok !

OMG!!!

Here's the pic if you haven't seen it!!!

?action=view&current=HPIM1125.jpg

Sorry, couldn't get it to actually put the pic in!!

LLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

anyone from alberta? i used to live there :thumb_yello:

hey there, welcome to the Canadian Thread !

And yes, lose him for another date. I'm sure Suzy will tell you the significant other in tow leads to a significant cramping of style. Especially if they have a low threshold for screaming, jumping, crying, fainting and generally lusting after another man.

:naughty:

my significant other doesn't want to come with me to gigs... even though he actually likes Mika.... mmmmmmmmm wonder why ! lol !!!

I'm not sure if everyone had heard this but I didn't until tonight :biggrin2:

Thanks guylainem123! http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=855611&postcount=1

Awesomness !!! I've never heard it before !!! A huge thx to guylainem123 !!!

Aaaaawwwwwwwwww he loves Montréal !!!! And yes he's right, the food is REALLY GOOD here !

you are welcome!

i know it is old... but it's still Mika!

and in our country at that!:biggrin2:

A big welcome to the Canadian Thread ! I shall add your name to the main post !

and on I go with the quotefest

Yeah it seems like a lifetime ago.

it doesn seem like a lifetime ago although it was only 8 months ago ! and it feels like a lifetime since I went to Boston and that was only 5 months ago !

And I think he really does have a soft spot for Montreal. It's kinda sweet, really.

yeah... I loooooove it when he talks about how much he likes our great city... I heart Montréal so much and he makes me so happy when people like it as well ! :wub2:

Calling all Montrealers!

So my fiance and I were talking, and he said that he'd rather not go to a gig in Montreal because, quote, "Montreal smells bad. The whole city smells like murky water." He was there once, in July '03.

(Please don't throw vegetables at him; he really is a nice person! )

Can anyone confirm/deny this claim? I've never heard of Montreal smelling bad... In fact, most people rave about Montreal - Mika included!

what ???? Montréal doesn't smell bad ! well of course, like any big city, if it's 30 degrees oustide and it's garbage day, of course it's going to smell.... but most of the time it doesn't smell bad at all

and then again it depends which part of Montréal... it's a huge city

Paris, on the other hand, smells like a charming blend of cigarette smoke, car exhaust, human sweat, and piss.

that sounds yummy... :puke:

Good point about the "too-cold-to-smell" aspect.

How cold does Montreal get, btw? January in Calgary has been known to be around -25C some days.

It's making California/Florida look more and more appealing...

with the wind factor, it can get as cold as -30...

There was at least 1cm of ice on my friend's car. I'm so glad to take the bus these days

yeah during the winter I'm so happy to be taking the bus and the metro... don't have to remove the snow and ice off it and it's already warm when I get in...

You have got to find a way to get the DVD, girl!! You're missing out!!

you are indeed !!! I think I've already watched it a thousand times... it's truly mikagasmic, I'll never get bored of it !

I'm getting it for Christmas...not sure I can wait that long, but I will try my very bestest.

You're A LOT more patient than I am !

Think he'll finally get the hint??

2056663554_f8aac6a2ec.jpg

2055877453_2263b50e83.jpg

Christine it's BRILLIANT !!!! love it !

Yeah...what does the sun look like again? I haven't seen it in so long...

Ahem. I mean, er, GOSH, isn't it hot outside? I think I might go and sunbathe. Poor Mika, sitting in chilly old England...

lllolll yeah.... ahem... er... yeah excuse me while I aplly some sunblock :naughty:

GOOD!!! I have a new pair of Converse

Converse do rock I say. I got some too... I got the (red) campain Converse... they rock :punk:

Thx for the info !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'LL SECOND THAT!!! TRULY MEMORABLE!!!

We tore up my neighborhood, flashing hearts and all........

Just wait 'til Christmas.......

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!

Seems you guys had a great time !

Hi there!

I've finally decided to post in this wonderful thread

My name is Shannon and i live in Calgary,AB!

Its nice to know that your not the only Mika fan in Canada!

:bleh:

A big welcome to you ! I shall add your name to the main post as well !

and on and on....

Welcome Shannon!!!

:biggrin2:

I know what you mean, I thought I was the only one until I found this thread.. he is so unpopular here! :thumbdown:

Btw, Lollipop_Monkey lives in Calgary too :biggrin2:

well he is unpopular in the whole country EXCEPT Québec !!! We LOOOOOOVE him here !!! He's REALLY REALLY popular ! I think he's quite popular in Ontario as well... Christine ? Suzy ?

You're right I don't think I've seen any... Maybe some of them are reading as guests? If so please sign in and join us :thumb_yello:

yes please do !!! we're quite friendly you know !

Oooooh, how I WISH I had money and 18 years of age...

aw don't worry your time will come for sure... I'm sure Montréal's not the only Canadian city he'll be visiting. :thumb_yello:

Holy f*ck!!! :roftl:

Damn I wish we could all sit together.

I don't wanna sit :( I wanna be front row

I don't wanna sit either !!! I hope we can all be together, but front row and dancing and singing like loons !

I Nnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddd Help!

If I Am To Go!!

I Need The Cheapest Air Fair And Hotel Etc If I Am To Make Up My Mind Very Soon

Help Me Anyone Before I Self Combust

Anyone Know???please?????????????????????

Maybe you should wait for it to be 100% official before you book your trip... just to make sure...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

That's my mom's birthday!!

I've just talked to her and she is okay with me going!! I wouldn't have seen her on her birthday anyway as I would've had to work and she lives in another city....

YYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!

*hugs Becky's mom*

My couch awaits you !

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

VÉROOOOOOOOOOOOO

JE CAPOOOTE

MERDE LE CENTRE BELL C'EST GENRE TROP BIG AAAAAAAAAH

Contente de voir l'effet que te fais mon annonce !!!!! lol !!!

I know some people, that know some people, that work at the bell center.

dis m'en plus !

:S

je veux vraiment alllerrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Mais comme, je sais pas. Qu'est-ce qui va arriver si je décide d'aller voir Mika à la place de voir Paramore, et comme, une semaine avant Mika annule le show. Je sais c'est stupide de penser ça mais.. comme.. l'autre fois quand il a annulé ça m'a vraiment marqué . LOL

mais comme. tu comprends?

OUUUAIS..

c'est ça.

Il n'annulera pas j'en suis sûre

Il n'a jamais annulé un seul de ses shows à lui, c'était tjrs pour des festivals. Et là c'est pas comme s'il n'était pas au courant, il a dit lui-même à la TV qu'il revenait... se serait pas très marketing de sa part de ne pas le faire après avoir dit ça.... ET... tu ne peux juste pas canceller le Centre Bell... c'est trop big !

Forget Paramore!!! (although, they are good)

IT'S MIKA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

mmmmmm me thinks she has a good point there ! lol

I don't think he would cancel a venue as big as this one. Plus, he said that he was coming back on TV sooooo.....

you see ! my point exactly !

Yeah But - If He's Doing Montreal Is He Doing Any Other Canadian Cities Around The Same Time??????

I'm sure he will...

I hope so!! I plan on touring with him.

now THAT would make this winter a lot less depressing !

I've decided. Im not going to get my hopes up until the dates are on his myspace page. Then I will get my hopes up. And buy my tickets.

Screw Paramore. Ill live.

You go girl !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gCIq42KXroQ

it wasnt a couch its a rock . lol

ITS HILARIOUS

LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

I almost died laughing when he took out his lightsticks !!!

gotta loooove SNL !

=/ hopefully he'll anounce a date for toronto too!

I'm sure he will ! and I'm so there.... if I can get time off work that is... though if I have to chose between Toronto and NY, I'm going to NY that's for sure !

Hahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One Of The Mascots To The Vancouver Olympics Is: Miga!!

If You Say It Fast Enough It Sounds Like Mika!

Hehe

(i Thought I Heard It!!!)

Its A Cute Orca/comode Bear Animal...very Cute!

lollolololl !

omg

having to meet all of you ill be shy.

i definitely wont walk over to you guys. you might have to come see me. :naughty:

aw come on we are nice people ! nothing to be shy about !

Ok, i will!

Grr, i just hope Mika comes to Calgary me and lollipop_monkey are gonna steal him..

Haha hopefully she's up for that!

Hell yeah I'm up for it! :punk: I will of course be completely shocked if he comes here - but if he does, you and I can of course kidnap him. It will be much easier if I don' have to do all the tying up of Mika myself, 'specially since he's so much talller than me. :naughty:

Can I borrow some of your relatives?!

I wonder if my mum would be up for a trip to Montreal for my birthday? Lol. It's on the 7th....hmm, actually, it IS my 16th.

That's not a bad idea, actually.

*schemes*

Ahh, the gears are turning! A great idea!

and on and on....

well he is unpopular in the whole country EXCEPT Québec !!! We LOOOOOOVE him here !!! He's REALLY REALLY popular ! I think he's quite popular in Ontario as well... Christine ? Suzy ?

yes please do !!! we're quite friendly you know !

exuse me!!

he is popular in BC!

where did you get that info that he is not!!

exuse me!!

he is popular in BC!

where did you get that info that he is not!!

lol sorry but I was just responding to Kates post ! He's becoming more and more popular in BC I'm sure but in Québec he is just HUGE ! The first three singles he released have gotten to number one and stayed there for quite a long time and now they released Big Girl not too long ago and it's well on it's way to become number one as well ! Mika is as big and well-known in Québec as he is in Europe it's crazy !