QUESTION for the people who are fluent in 2 langages or more.

Have you ever noticed in which langage you think??

I speak arabic, english and french. I think in english but I'm supposed to think in french since I'm in a Lycee.. But, weirdly, I don't. Actually, I do sometimes think in french and in arabic. Ahh, It's all so complicated. I do everything in all three languages.. evan in class I would go: "Madame j'ái fini mon texte bess c'est pa tro bien, ya3neh le vocabulaire n'est pa trop bein.. oups! hehe.. excusez moi madame, je n'ai pa fait expre!"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I speak arabic, english and french. I think in english but I'm supposed to think in french since I'm in a Lycee.. But, weirdly, I don't. Actually, I do sometimes think in french and in arabic. Ahh, It's all so complicated. I do everything in all three languages.. evan in class I would go: "Madame j'ái fini mon texte bess c'est pa tro bien, ya3neh le vocabulaire n'est pa trop bein.. oups! hehe.. excusez moi madame, je n'ai pa fait expre!"

LOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

it's a bit like my HI, KIFAK? CA VA??

3 languages, same sentence :mf_rosetinted:

it's really funny how we lebanese think and talk:naughty:

LOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

it's a bit like my HI, KIFAK? CA VA??

3 languages, same sentence :mf_rosetinted:

it's really funny how we lebanese think and talk:naughty:

oooooooh I love the "Hi kifak ca va?"! There's a T-Shirt with that sentence on it! There's also a T-Shirt with "merci ktir".. :bleh:

431s.jpg

oooooooh I love the "Hi kifak ca va?"! There's a T-Shirt with that sentence on it! There's also a T-Shirt with "merci ktir".. :bleh:

431s.jpg

Hey, do all Lebanese speak French, English and Arabic?

Hey, Ca va?

Yasmin said she's teach me Arabic again when I go to Baharain (Am sorry for misspelling it the first time)

What's the weather like there today?

I mean in Lebanon^^ :)

Hey, do all Lebanese speak French, English and Arabic?

Hey, Ca va?

Yasmin said she's teach me Arabic again when I go to Baharain (Am sorry for misspelling it the first time)

What's the weather like there today?

I mean in Lebanon^^ :)

hey:)

not all Lebanese speak French, English and Arabic.. but most of them do!:bleh: I have no idea about the weather in Lebanon, I try not to think about Lebanon these days.. makes me depressed cause I'm not there:( Mais ca va quand meme tres bien:) toi? (I hope that when you asked: "Ca va?" it also ment you speak french:P)

431s.jpg

:roftl: i love this Tshirt!!!

there(s an other one with an other sentence but dont remember what it was!!

very funny!

here is lollipop on the leb star academy:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rK3ZEGtPnVo

Bonus:biggrin2:

here is what i've told you about:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxv0iM1D-o0

it's an old song & you can see the lebanese folklorique dance, the "dabkeh" 'even if it's not very good here.

I saw lollipop on Star Academy and I didn't really like it.. but I only saw a bit of the song. But right now it's loading on youtube.. My internet connection is so slow!! Thanks for posting it!!:D

Did you guys see this? I don't know if it's bean posted or not...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzpwi4pGKk

I think Quentin was great! (the one who sings Big Girl) and he won! But Mathieu was bad.. (the one who sings relax, take it easy) I didn't really watch this Star Academy but when my friend saw this medley she HAD to tell me... all my friends know about my obsession:bleh:

it's an old song & you can see the lebanese folklorique dance, the "dabkeh" 'even if it's not very good here.

thanks for posting Lebangel !!!! I think he sang it good but his accent sucks :boxed: but the lebanese star academy is a little bit in the ''over'' stuff with their choregraphy you loose track of what's happening on stage :sneaky2: they definitely should find another choregrapher !!! as for the presenter she should stop having that accent too..she's soooo ummm dunno the word in english...''jerdiyyé'' looooooooool

thanks for posting Lebangel !!!! I think he sang it good but his accent sucks :boxed: but the lebanese star academy is a little bit in the ''over'' stuff with their choregraphy you loose track of what's happening on stage :sneaky2: they definitely should find another choregrapher !!!

Thanks for posting those, Lebangel. :thumb_yello:

I have to agree, I've always thought their performances a bit over-the-top, it gets distracting. :blink:

Trust Arabs to be overdressed and overdramatic. :naughty:

Did you guys see this? I don't know if it's bean posted or not...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzpwi4pGKk

I think Quentin was great! (the one who sings Big Girl) and he won! But Mathieu was bad.. (the one who sings relax, take it easy) I didn't really watch this Star Academy but when my friend saw this medley she HAD to tell me... all my friends know about my obsession:bleh:

this is actually quite good:thumb_yello: apart from the pronounciation which is only natural

haha, i love it! its a scareb (however you spell that) i love all the history you guys have there! its absolutely amazing!

Oooh i gave one of those to Mika in Brixton:naughty: (well i sent it with the security guy backstage:mf_rosetinted: )

Hehe yes it's cool:cool: but you don't get to experience it in your daily life you noe. it's also hard to appreciate when you've seen it all your life. but i do find it fascinating.

i think i talk too much.

Good evening everyone!!!

Thanks for posting those, Lebangel. :thumb_yello:

I have to agree, I've always thought their performances a bit over-the-top, it gets distracting. :blink:

Trust Arabs to be overdressed and overdramatic.

agree with u 2, it's often a bit too much...

but well...they'll hardly find someone else than Karakalla (absolutly not sure about the spelling)

In BOTH but depends of the feeling...when i'm angry it's in lebanese :naughty: when i'm sad or happy it's in french weird ehh ?! *go back to his oncology*

I've been asked this question several times & now i keep asking it to myself...

...but i got no answer :blink: i can't definy in wich langage i think...when i write something like now: yes, but in my every day life: impossible:boxed:

Dana, usually when i come back from holiday in Lebanon, i tend to speak lebnese with my friends & (non-leb) family & they look at me like :blink: what is she talkin about?!?!?:naughty:

and the words can change with me, for instance: gharbach for barghach ....i often mix everything!!

I've been asked this question several times & now i keep asking it to myself...

...but i got no answer :blink: i can't definy in wich langage i think...when i write something like now: yes, but in my every day life: impossible:boxed:

Dana, usually when i come back from holiday in Lebanon, i tend to speak lebnese with my friends & (non-leb) family & they look at me like :blink: what is she talkin about?!?!?:naughty:

and the words can change with me, for instance: gharbach for barghach ....i often mix everything!!

I definitely think in English, then when I speak other languages I translate into them... which is why sometimes my expressions sound weird because English expressions sometimes don't make sense in other languages. :naughty:

I find my parents' situation amusing: they both spent 35 years overseas then 20 years here but they still occasionally they use words from other languages in their English phrases... but not the same language: my Dad accidentally uses Arabic words but my Mum accidentally uses French words. It's strange.