Queeniac Club

mandilambi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER!

rdrum.gif

*Kiss Kiss

HEY MANDI, I'VE WRITTEN ON THIS THREAD COUNTLESS TIMES BUT I'M NOT ON THE LIST HAHAHA

LOL you peeps have got to ask me to add you cos I never know who wants in and who is just coming in here for whatever reason!

In any case, I'll add ya...but only cos you crack me up daily... :naughty:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched this RockDoc on T.V this weekend about bands having a political influence over the people who listen to their music...

Queen was mentioned, but I honestly never really got a real political message from their music...but the guy who was narrating it insisted that they did (maybe songs like "One Vision", "Hammer to Fall"...but still)

Just wanted to get your feedback, it was a good documentary focusing a lot on a whole array of bands with political messages

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

[centerI watched this RockDoc on T.V this weekend about bands having a political influence over the people who listen to their music...

Queen was mentioned, but I honestly never really got a real political message from their music...but the guy who was narrating it insisted that they did (maybe songs like "One Vision", "Hammer to Fall"...but still)

Just wanted to get your feedback, it was a good documentary focusing a lot on a whole array of bands with political messages

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: [/center]

My comment - without watching the documentary - is that One Vision was written to / about Bob Geldof and his commitment for Live Aid, so Bicycle Race sounds much more political to me...:wink2:

But I'd like to watch the program.. Do you think it is on Youtube? (the title would help my search)...

My comment - without watching the documentary - is that One Vision was written to / about Bob Geldof and his commitment for Live Aid, so Bicycle Race sounds much more political to me...:wink2:

But I'd like to watch the program.. Do you think it is on Youtube? (the title would help my search)...

Bob Geldof was in it...I didn't catch the title, it was on PBS...sorry I can't help you out

Add me to the list too PLEASE!:biggrin2: I'm kicking myself for not finding out about you guys waaaaay sooner, but hey, better late than never... especially when it comes to Queen! I'm a serious Die-Hard fan, I drive my friends and my parents insane most of the time with all my little quotes and suddenly bursting into song for no reason!

Freddie rocks my world!:wub2:

"I'm just a musical prostitute my dear" - Freddie Mercury

mercurygirl - #52

Also i don't think Queen were ever a political band. Even they made statements about how they didn't try, nor want to be a political band.

Yeah...thats what I was thinking...

Whatever...They had bands like "The Clash", "U2", "Public Enemy"...all very politcal

BUT QUEEN?

Come on

Me too. I wish they had more old school docs like those on VH1 like they used to.

VH! had a good Doc 2 nights ago called "The Drug Years"...very good.

They kind of "glamorized" drugs...which I didn't like...but still...at least the offered a different view. It was really interseting to see how the poular drugs of the time affected the music that was being produced (example: 60's+LCD=White Rabbit). They included some great music.

Me too. I wish they had more old school docs like those on VH1 like they used to.

Same! Cos that's what VH1 is there for: to bring back all the golden oldies and stuff! :cool: (That's a wierd statement from a 16 year old! ha ha ha) Best music ever came from 70's and 80's!!!!!!

I have a tattoo that simply says....FREDDIE, add me p-l-e-a-s-e!

I am about to get a MIKA tattoo as well! LOVE LOVE MIKA!!!! :shocked:

HI HOLLY!!!

This may sound silly, but I remember you from myspace! I'm Jessica! (There's SO MANY Jessica's, I know)

I think we were friends at one point on there, but something might have happened...

HOW ARE YOU?!?!

A Mika lover now, I see! How great!!! :D :D :D

This link has just been posted on another thread, but let me place it here for you as well, especially for the ones living in /near Switzerland....(Hello violetsky!:wink2: ) :

http://www.queenworld.com/artman/publish/article_626.shtml

glad you liked the link i found. i posted on freddie's thread not here, cause this is only for freddie so i thought it wouldn't interest too many people. it would be great if someone will be able to go there.