Queeniac Club

mandilambi

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This link has just been posted on another thread, but let me place it here for you as well, especially for the ones living in /near Switzerland....(Hello violetsky!:wink2: ) :

http://www.queenworld.com/artman/publish/article_626.shtml

:punk: :punk: woww So great... It amazes me how alive is still Freddie in so many people's hearts... :wub2:

Wish I could go.

Omg, I wish I could go!!!! One day, hopefully, I will go! It's right at the top of my "THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE" list! :wub2:

Queeniac - #52

"I thought we were going to be huge, and we were!" - Freddie Mercury

"I think I'm a banana tree... Oh dear."

Not really big news, but I thought it was nice to see Queen in a news headline. Why does QP refuse to put out early Queen concerts? Grr.

"Eagle Rock Enttertainment has announced an Oct. 29 release date for a new DVD that features live footage of legendary rockers Queen [ tickets ]. "Queen Rock Montreal" captures the group's November 1981 tour stop in the Canadian city. It will be available as a single, 95-minute disc, and will also be issued as a special edition that will include a bonus DVD featuring the British rockers performing at the July 1985 Live Aid concert."

Btw! I have such cool news! I'm not sure if anybody has posted this yet but its a lot of posts to sort through! I heard a rumour, or rather read a rumour, that there is probably gonna be a Queen movie and Sacha Baron Cohen is gonna play Freddie, it was nearly Johnny Depp.

I told my cousin, who loves Johnny but hates Freddie, and she nearly had a break down that JD was even considered!:thumbdown:

But I'm soooo stoked! My friend Emma promised me she would come with me to watch it for emotional support. he he he....

Just thought I would let you know:biggrin2:

Btw! I have such cool news! I'm not sure if anybody has posted this yet but its a lot of posts to sort through! I heard a rumour, or rather read a rumour, that there is probably gonna be a Queen movie and Sacha Baron Cohen is gonna play Freddie, it was nearly Johnny Depp.

I told my cousin, who loves Johnny but hates Freddie, and she nearly had a break down that JD was even considered!

But I'm soooo stoked! My friend Emma promised me she would come with me to watch it for emotional support. he he he....

Just thought I would let you know:biggrin2:

Yes I heard that too and Brian once said that Johnny would be perfect to play freddie but then the rumours got out of control ;)

There was even a rumour that Johnny Depp plays a role in the WWRY Musical to prepare himself. :roftl:

Brian said later that it's true that they think about a Queen movie but not yet because now they have lot of other things to do

hello new album and new tour :bleh::punk: :punk: :mf_lustslow:

I own all the Queen cds, plus about 4 singles from the Made In Heaven era.

And dvds...I'm not quite sure.. I have We Will Rock You, The Making of A Night At the Opera, Live at Wembley, Live at the Bowl, Freddie Mercury Tribute, Queen+Paul Rodgers Live, Greatest Hits 1&2. I also have the Freddie Mercury video collection and the Untold Story.

And I have quite a few videos... :)

How about ya?

_44037969_may_new_nandra.jpg

Brian May (left) handed over his thesis to Professor Paul Nandra

Queen guitarist Brian May has handed in his astronomy PhD thesis - 36 years after abandoning it to join the band.

May recently carried out observational work in Tenerife, where he studied the formation of "zodiacal dust clouds".

The subject forms the basis of a 48,000-word thesis for Imperial College, London, where 60-year-old May studied before becoming a rock star.

"It's been the longest gap year ever," May said. "It was a tough decision back then to leave my studies for music."

But the star said that at the time, his "passion for music was stronger".

"I'm so proud to be here today," he told BBC London. "Astronomy has always interested me. I used to love sitting at home and watching Sir Patrick Moore on the Sky at Night."

If I fail I will fail big time - it will be a very public failure with all this press

Brian May

May handed in the thesis, called Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud, to Imperial's head of astrophysics Professor Paul Nandra.

The guitarist is scheduled to discuss his thesis with the examining board on 23 August, his spokesman said. The results should be known some time shortly after that date.

"If I fail I will fail big time," May said. "It will be a very public failure with all this press."

The rock star is also preparing a concert to mark the inauguration of a telescope at the Observatory of the Roque de Los Muchachos in La Palma, Tenerife, where he completed his studies last month.

Brian May and Sir Patrick Moore

May recently co-authored a book with Sir Patrick Moore

"I have no doubt that Brian May would have had a brilliant career in science had he completed his PhD in 1971," said astrophysicist Dr Garik Israelian, who worked with May in La Palma.

"Nevertheless, as a fan of Queen, I am glad that he left science temporarily," he added.

May made his first astronomical observations for his thesis at the Observatorio del Teide in Tenerife in 1971, before his rock career took off.

He recently published a book on astronomy with The Sky at Night presenter Sir Patrick Moore.

Yeah, I think a new tour and new album is more important than the movie...lol...and that's for slightly selfish reasons, of course. ;)

Bahha, same here!

I'd rather see the real deal in person than some imposters on the big screen.:thumb_yello:

News:

Wednesday, August 1 was a busy and exciting day at the Canon Theatre. The venue was taken over by a large film crew from CTV who were filming segments of the popular show Canadian Idol. Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen spent most of the day working with the seven Idol finalists, listening to each of them perform a Queen song and then offering advice and encouragement. Later in the afternoon, Brian and Roger joined the entire company of WE WILL ROCK YOU and the seven Idol finalists for a rehearsal of that night's festivities.

After a dinner break, everyone returned to the theatre for that night's sold-out performance. The crowd was pumped even before the theatre's doors were opened. Young and old, locals and visitors, they all knew they were going to experience a performance like no other. Throughout the show, the connection between audience and performers was electric. When Brian and Roger joined the company on stage for "Bohemian Rhapsody", the theatre erupted.

Luckily the performance was captured on film and segments will be shown on the next two broadcasts of Canadian Idol. Mark your calendars and don't miss Canadian Idol on the CTV network, Monday August 6 and Tuesday August 7. :punk:

_44037969_may_new_nandra.jpg

Brian May (left) handed over his thesis to Professor Paul Nandra

Queen guitarist Brian May has handed in his astronomy PhD thesis - 36 years after abandoning it to join the band.

May recently carried out observational work in Tenerife, where he studied the formation of "zodiacal dust clouds".

The subject forms the basis of a 48,000-word thesis for Imperial College, London, where 60-year-old May studied before becoming a rock star.

"It's been the longest gap year ever," May said. "It was a tough decision back then to leave my studies for music."

But the star said that at the time, his "passion for music was stronger".

"I'm so proud to be here today," he told BBC London. "Astronomy has always interested me. I used to love sitting at home and watching Sir Patrick Moore on the Sky at Night."

If I fail I will fail big time - it will be a very public failure with all this press

Brian May

May handed in the thesis, called Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud, to Imperial's head of astrophysics Professor Paul Nandra.

The guitarist is scheduled to discuss his thesis with the examining board on 23 August, his spokesman said. The results should be known some time shortly after that date.

"If I fail I will fail big time," May said. "It will be a very public failure with all this press."

The rock star is also preparing a concert to mark the inauguration of a telescope at the Observatory of the Roque de Los Muchachos in La Palma, Tenerife, where he completed his studies last month.

Brian May and Sir Patrick Moore

May recently co-authored a book with Sir Patrick Moore

"I have no doubt that Brian May would have had a brilliant career in science had he completed his PhD in 1971," said astrophysicist Dr Garik Israelian, who worked with May in La Palma.

"Nevertheless, as a fan of Queen, I am glad that he left science temporarily," he added.

May made his first astronomical observations for his thesis at the Observatorio del Teide in Tenerife in 1971, before his rock career took off.

He recently published a book on astronomy with The Sky at Night presenter Sir Patrick Moore.

Go Brian! I bet you created an amazing thesis...I WOULDN'T WORRY! (So proud!)

Didn't he already get an honorary degree? I know its not the same but still

News:

Wednesday, August 1 was a busy and exciting day at the Canon Theatre. The venue was taken over by a large film crew from CTV who were filming segments of the popular show Canadian Idol. Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen spent most of the day working with the seven Idol finalists, listening to each of them perform a Queen song and then offering advice and encouragement. Later in the afternoon, Brian and Roger joined the entire company of WE WILL ROCK YOU and the seven Idol finalists for a rehearsal of that night's festivities.

After a dinner break, everyone returned to the theatre for that night's sold-out performance. The crowd was pumped even before the theatre's doors were opened. Young and old, locals and visitors, they all knew they were going to experience a performance like no other. Throughout the show, the connection between audience and performers was electric. When Brian and Roger joined the company on stage for "Bohemian Rhapsody", the theatre erupted.

Luckily the performance was captured on film and segments will be shown on the next two broadcasts of Canadian Idol. Mark your calendars and don't miss Canadian Idol on the CTV network, Monday August 6 and Tuesday August 7. :punk:

I wonder how soon that will be on youtube!

:roftl:

I wonder how soon that will be on youtube!

:roftl:

I have just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5UOUAaOKJ8

Sung at "We Will Rock You" on August 1st at the Canon Theatre.

Guest appearances by Brian May and Roger Taylor from QUEEN, and the Canadian Idol Top 7.

Soloists in order of appearance:

Yvan Pedneault, Erica Peck, Alana Bridgewater, Sterling Jarvis, Suzie McNeil, Evan Buliung.

The Canadian Idol Top 7 includes:

Jaydee Bixby, Dwight D'eon, Carly Rae Jepsen, Brian Melo, Greg Neufeld, Tara Oram, Matt Rapley.

Includes a bit of Brian May's speech at the beginning.

It's cool! You don't actually get to see Brian or Roger:emot-sad: But it's worth watching if you have 4 minutes to spare. Thanks Suzie!

Well, actually you need 7 times 4 minutes if you want to listen to them all, although I don't think you should bother watching more than Bri's and Rog's comments at the beginning of each :cool:

....especially Roger's comment on this one at 0:40:wink2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAR1gzI3V2M

:mfr_omg::arf2:

HE'S GONE IDENTITY MAD:naughty: :naughty: