A head full of questions

dcdeb

Posted by Sydney Morning Herald Online

June 1, 2007 12:20 AM

From his music alone, the falsetto singer Mika could easily be mistaken for a six-year-old girl. In person he is close to two metres tall with the voice of a trans-Atlantic socialite.

Born Michael Holbrook Penniman in Beirut and educated in Paris and London, Mika, 23, answered SiT's questions with his own.

Quizzed about his sexuality, the tousled one replied: "Am I writing an autobiography? No. Am I making records? Yes. Do I want to lay myself out on the table like some sort of all-you-can-eat meal? No."

On his quest to conquer the US market in the same way he captured Britain: "Am I going to break the States? Yes. Am I going to have a touring career in the United States? Yes. Is it going to be a lot more work? Obviously."

In town for a one-off performance at the Forum on Saturday, Mika's music has been compared to that of Freddie Mercury and Elton John.

"I had a phone call from someone in New York about a month ago and he said, 'I just got to tell you, someone just sent me a demo and said you got to listen to him. He is the new Mika'," he said. "That is pop culture. One thing comes along, 10 things are just like it."

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sit/archives/2007/06/a_head_full_of_questions.html

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

deb, we are not in june yet...you are predicting the future!!! :roftl: :roftl:

australia is toooooooooooooooooooooo ahead!!!

thanks for posting (more dates in the USA...seen???? i DID predict the future for you!)

Thank you Dcdeb!... already 'new Mika' comparisons.......:naughty:that's funny (and predictable)

I know, titania! Can you imagine!?

I'd just like to say, "Forget about the

'next' or the 'new' Mika... I haven't finished with this one just yet!" :naughty:

dcdeb

deb, we are not in june yet...you are predicting the future!!! :roftl: :roftl:

australia is toooooooooooooooooooooo ahead!!!

thanks for posting (more dates in the USA...seen???? i DID predict the future for you!)

Yes, you did, Robertina! You're psychic! :thumb_yello:

And yes, too, it's a little strange when you get email from the FUTURE...

:shocked:

But with Mika, I guess anything is possible!

dcdeb

Posted by Sydney Morning Herald Online

June 1, 2007 12:20 AM

"Am I writing an autobiography? No. Am I making records? Yes. Do I want to lay myself out on the table like some sort of all-you-can-eat meal? No."

he's sooo cool ^^ :wub2:WE DON'T CARE!! :bleh:

Yes, you did, Robertina! You're psychic! :thumb_yello:

And yes, too, it's a little strange when you get email from the FUTURE...

:shocked:

But with Mika, I guess anything is possible!

dcdeb

It's australia there 12 hours ahead of us:mf_rosetinted: .

It's australia there 12 hours ahead of us:mf_rosetinted: .

Actually Sydney is 14 hours ahead of us... going on 8 am there now, almost time for that Sunrise show Mika will be performing on, right?

:naughty:

dcdeb

:thumb_yello: yeah niiice...he did seem a bit irritated, the way he answered the first few ques. he's prob fed up of ppl asking the same thing (like bout his sexuality) over and over as if he'll answer them!! journalists/interviewers please stop harrassing our guy and asking him this particular ques...he'll not answer and u guys prob irritate him, when/if he's ready he'll tell and BTW what's with the obsession with knowing? will it change the fact that he's super hott? or that he's an awesome, unique singer and person?? i think not!!!

:thumb_yello: yeah niiice...he did seem a bit irritated, the way he answered the first few ques. he's prob fed up of ppl asking the same thing (like bout his sexuality) over and over as if he'll answer them!! journalists/interviewers please stop harrassing our guy and asking him this particular ques...he'll not answer and u guys prob irritate him, when/if he's ready he'll tell and BTW what's with the obsession with knowing? will it change the fact that he's super hott? or that he's an awesome, unique singer and person?? i think not!!!

You said it girl! And I agree!!!:thumb_yello: