Mika for Coca-Cola: The Happiness Bottle

Droopsy

:Update:

Mika explains about his project here:

translation by Lilstar:

Mika: Hi I'm Mika. I'm here with my sister Yasmine and we will explain the Happiness Bottle project version Mika. We'll also explain the visual things on the bottle and why i decided to do this project, Happiness Bottle and all the charitable side to it and our collaboration with "Maison des adolescents"(House of teenagers) and "Hôpitaux de Paris"(Paris Hospitals) "Hôpitaux de France"(France Hospitals).

I said yes to Coca-Cola for this project because i thought the "Club Coke" brand and the collaborations they did before mine were very creative. I liked the idea of creating something very visual, illustrated, colorful, with alot of imagination in collaboration with such an iconic brand.

I looked at this project like an opportunity to do something visually very pop. And because it was part of the brand "Club Coke", which is inside the big Coca-Cola brand, it made me feel more comfortable in this project.

My sister and I got the inspiration from Japaneese psychedelic posters from the '60s. I'm always writting songs thats have this euphoric or happy feeling, but that also have hard or sad or realistic lyrics. It's this mix between hard lyrics and happy music. That's what i wanted to represent here. It's this whole world that i created with my sister for me and for my shows and erm..

Yasmine: we added..

Mika: we added a few things.

Yasmine: we added characters

Mika: and this very "design" side to it. And honestly Yasmine, i think the few colors we used is the secret of this bottle, it's why it's working. There's not too many colors. It's not just an illustration. It has this very "design" side to it. And honestly, when we draw something like this, it's a very "pop product". In pop products, we have to limit ourselves to the number of things we want to use. And limiting ourselves with only a few colors really helped us.

When i said yes to Coca-Cola for this project, one of the condition that i had, and i was very clear about this since the beggining, was that i wanted to have a charity side attached to it. So i said: ok, i'll draw this bottle, but all the money that they would pay me will go to a charity. So I chose "Hôpitaux de France" and "Hôpitaux de Paris" and particulary their "Maison des adolescents" project.

This charity side for me was the most important of all. Of course, visually its important, but without the charity side, it wouldnt be the same project. My sister and I wouldnt have put so much effort in it if we didnt know that it would make a difference somewhere.

I know Mika working with Coca-Cola already has a thread, but I think this deserves it's own thread:

------------------

Happiness Bottle : la vision du bonheur partagée par Mika et Coca-Cola

La Happiness Bottle est une création exclusive de Mika pour Coca-Cola, disponible à partir de début mars

mikahappinessbottle2.jpg

http://www.capcampus.com/tendance-600/happiness-bottle-la-vision-du-bonheur-partagee-par-mika-et-coca-cola-a13951.htm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Modeteudiant

---------------------

Translation:

The Happiness Bottle is an exclusive creation of Mika for Coca-Cola, available from early March.

Who other than Mika could illustrate the new club coke in happy colors for 2010? The club coke, the aluminum 25cl bottle of Coca-Cola, of which the design is created by an artist each year, became the Happiness Bottle thanks to Mika. Mika, created an amazing, colorful and def happy bottle with surprising graphics for Coca-Cola!

Joyful, exuberant and colorful, the Happiness Bottle is an exclusive creation of Mika for Coca-Cola, available from early March, with a target price of between € 1 and € 1.50 (MSRP) and available in the trendiest nightclubs of France.

In collaboration with his sister Yasmine, who has also designed the album art, he combined his universe with that of the brand, adding a few original drawings.

Surrealist elements, symbols of hope, references to freedom, a reminder of nature, that is the joyful mix of MIKA which makes us plunge into a psychedelic swirl and reflects his vision of happiness!

A COMMITMENT OF SOLIDARITY!

The Happiness Bottle is not only an artistic creation, it is a project of hope for all adolescents. Indeed, Mika has confirmed his wish to participate in this project and announced that the money would be transferred to a charitable cause.

"Adolescence can be a time full of doubts and challenges, this was the case for me. For this reason I want to help an organization dedicated to youth and the problems they are experiencing. "MIKA

Mika decided to support the program "Youth" conducted by the Foundation Hospital of Paris -- Hospitals in France. This program helps to create shelters and care for young people in distress. (http://www.fondationhopitaux.fr/prog.../Prog_Ados.php)

MIKA:

The HAPPINESS LIVE / SAVE THE DATE

To celebrate the launch of the Happiness Bottle, MIKA will give a private concert for Coca-Cola on April 15 in a venue in Paris. Which one is still a secret... Fans of MIKA can go to http://www.happiness-bottle.fr from March 5 and March 11 to play and try to win their seats for this exceptional event, a gold disc autographed by the artist , meetings with the artist ...

THE ALUMINUM BOTTLE

TREND OF THE COCA-COLA BOTTLE !

Find all the info from March 5, 2010 on http://www.happiness-bottle.fr

:Update:

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, nice!

I usually hate Cola-Cola, but I think I might try this one. Especially if it's got some Mika flavour. :naughty:

I'd keep the bottle of course:wink2:

Can somebody translate it? My French is pants and I'd really like to know what it's about, and will it be able to buy :boing: .

Or I can just post the google translation...?

Pour fêter en live le lancement de la Happiness Bottle, MIKA donnera un concert privé pour Coca-Cola le 15 avril prochain dans une salle parisienne dont le nom reste à ce jour secret.

Les fans de MIKA ont rendez-vous à partir du 5 mars sur http://www.happiness-bottle.fr et à partir du 11 mars pour jouer et tenter de gagner leurs places pour cet événement exceptionnel, un disque d'or dédicacé par l'artiste, des rencontres avec l'artiste,...

very important:mf_lustslow:

a secret gig 15 .04.10 in paris!!:wub2:

the venue is a secret....for now

I have just skimmed through the article...

What I understand from it, it will be available from early March in French bars (nightclubs?)...the price will be between 1 euro and 1.50 Euro... The original art for this was designed by his sister Yasmine... then it's about happiness and optimism, and adolescence.. Owh yes, it also says that Mika decided to support the program "Youth" conducted by the Foundation Hospital of Paris. And it mentions the secret gig in Paris in April.

That's mostly it I think. :thumb_yello:

:wub2: Thanks for the good news :wub2: I love the bottle but I hate fizzy drinks:mf_rosetinted: But I buy with pleasure some bottles for decorate my kitchen :thumb_yello: And I enter the competition the 11th of March to win ticket for this gig with pleasure too :wub2:

I know Mika working with Coca-Cola already has a thread, but I think this deserves it's own thread:

------------------

Happiness Bottle : la vision du bonheur partagée par Mika et Coca-Cola

La Happiness Bottle est une création exclusive de Mika pour Coca-Cola, disponible à partir de début mars

[/QOUTE]

Thank you for the info!!! so looking forward to that! :thumb_yello:

Archived