Katy Perry

Ioana

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey! Katy Perry is coming to Toronto (July 19th, Downsview Park)...I didn't know that. She's going to be on a popular Canadian Radio show tomorrow morning (ChumFM with Roger, Rick, and Marilyn) :blink:

*Wonders if Christine knows...*

Here's Katy Perry's interview on a Canadian Radio show this morning, CHUM FM with Roger, Rick and Marilyn (choose "On-Demand" from the left hand side, then the "Roger Rick and Marilyn" tab on top, then "Roger, Rick and Marilyn -June 11, 2008". It starts approximately at 17:39):

http://www.chumfm.com/morningshow/funfiles/funfilessummary.asp

the seventeenth- just a few days left:biggrin2:

oh yay! I am really excited about it, she's amazing!:yay:

I just hope she gets recognised over here too, I hope it won't be like a Mika-radio situation like it is for you guys..that'd be dissapointing

oh yay! I am really excited about it, she's amazing!:yay:

I just hope she gets recognised over here too, I hope it won't be like a Mika-radio situation like it is for you guys..that'd be dissapointing

The thing that annoys me a little bit, is that her song "I kissed a girl" as well as "U R So Gay" are getting radio time....but Billy Brown, Grace Kelly, Love Today etc. aren't.:blink:

In the political/conservative eye, i don't see how they are more neutral than Mika's songs...?

don't get me wrong, its great to hear her songs, but i'd like to hear mika's as well!

Here's Katy Perry's interview on a Canadian Radio show this morning, CHUM FM with Roger, Rick and Marilyn (choose "On-Demand" from the left hand side, then the "Roger Rick and Marilyn" tab on top, then "Roger, Rick and Marilyn -June 11, 2008". It starts approximately at 17:39):

http://www.chumfm.com/morningshow/funfiles/funfilessummary.asp

I quoted myself because I think my post might be missed:fisch: She's in her PJs, coming from parents who were traveling Christian ministers, Queen...then she just disappears:blink:

I quoted myself because I think my post might be missed:fisch: She's in her PJs, coming from parents who were traveling Christian ministers, Queen...then she just disappears:blink:

thanks Suzy, i did miss that=]

The thing that annoys me a little bit, is that her song "I kissed a girl" as well as "U R So Gay" are getting radio time....but Billy Brown, Grace Kelly, Love Today etc. aren't.:blink:

In the political/conservative eye, i don't see how they are more neutral than Mika's songs...?

don't get me wrong, its great to hear her songs, but i'd like to hear mika's as well!

really?!:blink: that is weird...and really unfair. I mean there are times even still when I hear Mika multiple times a day on the radio, and to think ye can't is just so unfair!

And in my opinion those 2 songs are just as "controversal" as Billy Brown or Lollipop or whatever............I don't get it.

Politics is so annoying in music.:thumbdown:

I really want to see what happens with Katy here.

really?!:blink: that is weird...and really unfair. I mean there are times even still when I hear Mika multiple times a day on the radio, and to think ye can't is just so unfair!

And in my opinion those 2 songs are just as "controversal" as Billy Brown or Lollipop or whatever............I don't get it.

Politics is so annoying in music.:thumbdown:

I really want to see what happens with Katy here.

Oh, i wish i could here him on the radio even once a day, i'll text/e-mail into the radio and they just ignore me. pfft.

the songs they play are mostly crappy, they'd be doing themselves a favor to play somebody with actual talent.

But i this is why i take my ipod absolutely everywhere with me.

the U.S. can be so narrow minded... pah.

Oh, i wish i could here him on the radio even once a day, i'll text/e-mail into the radio and they just ignore me. pfft.

the songs they play are mostly crappy, they'd be doing themselves a favor to play somebody with actual talent.

But i this is why i take my ipod absolutely everywhere with me.

the U.S. can be so narrow minded... pah.

It makes no sense for them not to take note of fans requesting him etc. I mean should'nt there be like a law or something that they have to play something if a lot of people want it?!

Oh I saw him on Jay Leno only a while back singing love today! Do things kind that make get him more noticed at all?

The U.S really confuses me, sometimes its seems so accepting, then other times:boxed:

I know I don't live their but this is something that really annoys me! so unfair!!:sneaky2:

It makes no sense for them not to take note of fans requesting him etc. I mean should'nt there be like a law or something that they have to play something if a lot of people want it?!

Oh I saw him on Jay Leno only a while back singing love today! Do things kind that make get him more noticed at all?

The U.S really confuses me, sometimes its seems so accepting, then other times:boxed:

I know I don't live their but this is something that really annoys me! so unfair!!:sneaky2:

Many times, the image is really accepting here, and it is. But business has to cater to all of the market, and the market that is against things like that is extremely nosey, stubborn and quite frankly- in my opinion- bi*chy. But there is also a huge accepting market that is open to many more things.

Mika was on Jay Leno...at the end of the show at about 11 on a weeknight (i know, i stayed up and watched even though the next day i had to be up at 6am:shocked::boxed:). some people may have seen him there or at the Grammys, and i think his songs have been in a few brief commercials here and there (like planet green, which i got to see which was amazing because it was on TLC which is a really big network) but he hasn't gotten nearly the playtime and recognition he deserves. Though I think he'll have a lot more coverage in time.

Many times, the image is really accepting here, and it is. But business has to cater to all of the market, and the market that is against things like that is extremely nosey, stubborn and quite frankly- in my opinion- bi*chy. But there is also a huge accepting market that is open to many more things.

Mika was on Jay Leno...at the end of the show at about 11 on a weeknight (i know, i stayed up and watched even though the next day i had to be up at 6am:shocked::boxed:). some people may have seen him there or at the Grammys, and i think his songs have been in a few brief commercials here and there (like planet green, which i got to see which was amazing because it was on TLC which is a really big network) but he hasn't gotten nearly the playtime and recognition he deserves. Though I think he'll have a lot more coverage in time.

yeah, I see what you mean, it almost seems like it has too extremely different sides to it.

yeah, I sometimes watch it on one of the news channels here, and was so excited that he was gonna be on it,lol. Oh and on E! in the Fashoin Police show, though they could have been nicer:bleh:

I thought that after he showed up to the Grammy's, even if he didn't win, I thought that'd be enough to get him out there...pity.

maybe the next album will be more successful over there...fingers crossed I suppose.

yeah, I see what you mean, it almost seems like it has too extremely different sides to it.

yeah, I sometimes watch it on one of the news channels here, and was so excited that he was gonna be on it,lol. Oh and on E! in the Fashoin Police show, though they could have been nicer:bleh:

I thought that after he showed up to the Grammy's, even if he didn't win, I thought that'd be enough to get him out there...pity.

maybe the next album will be more successful over there...fingers crossed I suppose.

:naughty:Fashion Police..........:roftl:

My BFF's. They 're jealous:bleh:

I think the Grammy's did give him a bit of coverage here though, i know a few people who first saw him there, but of course he still should have won, even though the nomination was odd.

From what i've heard and what i know, I'm sure his next album will be amazing. And if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves for it, i will beat down every radio station door myself.

Part of me is selfish, and likes the small gigs and being able to meet him, but i know he wants recognition, and want him to get the recognition he deserves, myself aside.

I know, give give give, thats all i do...haha:naughty:

:naughty:Fashion Police..........

My BFF's. They 're jealous

I think the Grammy's did give him a bit of coverage here though, i know a few people who first saw him there, but of course he still should have won, even though the nomination was odd.

From what i've heard and what i know, I'm sure his next album will be amazing. And if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves for it, i will beat down every radio station door myself.

Part of me is selfish, and likes the small gigs and being able to meet him, but i know he wants recognition, and want him to get the recognition he deserves, myself aside.

I know, give give give, thats all i do...haha

Oh yeah! How could I forget, Mika's wristwear designer!!(once again WOW!):naughty:

yeah, well it was the Grammy's if he wasn't noticed there, well :thumbdown:

yeah, dance?! I'm sure he didn't mind too much though,lol

I don't blame you for beating down the doors, and someone has to!:bleh:

yeah, me too. I love the smaller venues and the intimacy and all that goes with it...but he deserves more than that...sadly for all of us:blush-anim-cl:

:bow: I know:naughty:

will "i kissed a girl" be her first single in the UK or Europe?

Possibly, but E! News is on the E! Entertainment channel from the U.S. so I think it's just being released over there.