Mika on his demoNs and overcoming a crisis of confidence

dcdeb

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh my gooood, I love it. :lmao:

:aah: I just asked hubby and he can TOTALLY see a tomato.

:fisch: Ok, so his first idea was a "STOP" sign and he might have needed me to point out that it was a tomato, but once I told him about the tomato he "can see it" :mf_rosetinted:.

He did keep saying: "but it's a triangle" , to which I (obviously) replied :doh: "that's why it's a TRIANGULAR tomato!!!" :sneaky2::roftl:

Honestly, I am so misunderstood :blink:.

Anyway, back to our planets and to some moaning. I wish that we could have kept one as a souvenir and a memory of that marvelous day :wub2:.

:fisch: Ok, so his first idea was a "STOP" sign and he might have needed me to point out that it was a tomato, but once I told him about the tomato he "can see it" :mf_rosetinted:.

He did keep saying: "but it's a triangle" , to which I (obviously) replied :doh: "that's why it's a TRIANGULAR tomato!!!" :sneaky2::roftl:

Anyway, back to our planets and to some moaning. I wish that we could have kept one as a souvenir and a memory of that marvelous day :wub2:.

I know, it's adorable I told some of my friends and they laughed as they thought about how it kinda does :lmao:

The triangle is really pointless tho. :teehee:

:sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:People, this TOTALLY looks like a triangular tomato!!! You need your eyes tested :mf_rosetinted:

Ohh my gooood, I love it. :lmao:

That's funny!

We, Canadians, grew up with that sign everywhere & the Canadian Tire television commercials & their flyers each week or each month - oh & their catalogue.

I know it is cherry red but I never thought of it being a triangular tomato. Hahaha!

:roftl::roftl:

In my life, I have never seen a drive thru DQ. :dunno:

Bugger!!

Aww, poor Bab. There are Drive-thru DQs in Calgary! You just have to venture out west. :naughty:

Ok, so his first idea was a "STOP" sign and he might have needed me to point out that it was a tomato, but once I told him about the tomato he "can see it" :mf_rosetinted:.

He did keep saying: "but it's a triangle" , to which I (obviously) replied :doh: "that's why it's a TRIANGULAR tomato!!!"

here's proof for what sara says, you nonbelievers!

tomate.jpg

canadiantire_logocmyk.jpg

That's funny!

We, Canadians, grew up with that sign everywhere & the Canadian Tire television commercials & their flyers each week or each month - oh & their catalogue.

I know it is cherry red but I never thought of it being a triangular tomato. Hahaha!

:roftl::roftl:

:lmfao:

For the rest of my life whenever I see a Canadian Tire, I'ma think "triangular tomato." LOL! It really DOES look like one! But Kodes is right, that logo is so ingrained into the Canadian consciousness that it takes foreign eyes to see it for what it really is. :roftl:

sariflor, Christine, mana, babs, Zoots - I apologize if I missed anybody.

I probably did - sorry.

I found where mouselle talks about the Set you guys painted.

mouselle at 1 p.m. at the venue, "He kindly let me know that Mika had arrived at about 11am and had been busy with his mother and sister. The planets they had in the US had not made the trip, and they were painting flat circles to take their place. Annie casually asked if they would like any help, as we would happily help, as would the other MFCers idly sitting in line. Owen said that since they had had a posse of MFCers helping to paint in the states, it was worth asking, and he’d let us know. Unfortunately the answer came back that if we had offered at 11am our help would have been welcomed, but they only had 3 more to paint and were nearly finished. (You can guess how early I might arrive at the next gig!!!!) As the answer was negative, and queue was buzzing with Big Girl excitement, we did not share the (sadly extinct) possibility with the others.

Owen said Mika was very tired, as he had 13 hours of duties on the Sunrise day, and had only had one 20 minute break all day. Everyone was getting worried about the frantic schedule he has at the moment."

The whole report is on page 15 in the Concert, Gigs, Tours and Performances section in the Reports/Videos/Photos for Mika @ Enmore Sydney Nov 24 2009 thread.

Gee - that is a little different than what I said.

I apologize. I believed what I told you earlier.

You guys will have to decide for yourselves.

I hope you come to the conclusion that your efforts were appreciated.

I honestly don't think Mika is an insensitive person.

I find that difficult to believe.

No she's talking about Canadian Tire. :lmao:

Kodes thanks for the words of comfort but I think we're okay. :biggrin2: I was just hoping to snag a couple of souvenirs if they weren't going to use them after Vancouver. It's not as if I had my heart set on him taking them to Australia. We always assumed it was a one-off deal for the North American tour because Es Devlin is supposedly working on the set for the world tour in 2010.

Oh wow!:thumb_yello::wub2:

OMG Mellody that tomato you found is hilarious! :roftl:

And Bab I just saw a drive through DQ on the weekend. We can find one. :thumb_yello:

Don't worry, I'm sure no one thinks anything like that. They were either lost/damaged or it was deemed too expensive to ship to and around Asia. They wouldn't replace them with cardboard for aesthetic reasons I'm sure because the 3D spheres are obviously more realistic.

Even if they thought we did a crap paint job, they could just repaint them, not use cardboard instead. :naughty:

Gee - that is a little different than what I said.

I apologize. I believed what I told you earlier.

You guys will have to decide for yourselves.

I believe he appreciated it. He thanked us quite sincerely. :wub2: I think they underestimated how complicated it could be to ship such a thing so far away.

It might have been bad luck logistics and bad luck timing.

There were 7 of us in total who helped. We painted for at least 2 hours (and that's a more conservative estimate). That's 14 hours in total. Minimum.

I'm sure there was every intention of using them. But thanks for your concern. :biggrin2:

Don't worry, I'm sure no one thinks anything like that. They were either lost/damaged or it was deemed too expensive to ship to and around Asia. They wouldn't replace them with cardboard for aesthetic reasons I'm sure because the 3D spheres are obviously more realistic.

Even if they thought we did a crap paint job, they could just repaint them, not use cardboard instead. :naughty:

Kodes, thanks for digging up that tidbit from the Aussie thread for us!

And yes, Christine is right. The choice to not use the spheres for the Australia/Asia tour was probably down to practical concerns regarding shipping/timing/costs. In all honesty I was surprised that they shipped those big, bulky things all around North America. If they really had decided our paintjobs sucked, they would have simply repainted them - and they probably would have done it partway through the North American tour, rather than use props for the whole tour that Mika felt weren't up to standard. :dunno:

We're just disappointed because if we'd known that Vancouver was the last date they'd be used for, we would have tried to talk the roadies into giving us a couple to hang from our ceilings, use as fruit bowls, etc. :naughty:

OMG Mellody that tomato you found is hilarious! :roftl:

found? well, with photoshop you can find anything... :naughty:

We're just disappointed because if we'd known that Vancouver was the last date they'd be used for, we would have tried to talk the roadies into giving us a couple to hang from our ceilings, use as fruit bowls, etc. :naughty:

were they hollow inside? :blink:

Guest whalesfood

I sincerely hope this news helps those who worked on the planets/Mika's balls feel better.

haha. i've officially been on a plane way way too long today. haha. i thought this said something about the news saying mika's balls feel better. "what?!"

were they hollow inside? :blink:

Yep.

haha. i've officially been on a plane way way too long today. haha. i thought this said something about the news saying mika's balls feel better. "what?!"

:roftl:

That's funny!

You know how you get caught up in what your expressing & you don't even see another point of view.

Until you said that I didn't even come close to thinking that the statement I made was in anyway ambiguos. Hahaha! :roftl::roftl:

Now I will only see it your way. :roftl::roftl:

Guest whalesfood
That's funny!

You know how you get caught up in what your expressing & you don't even see another point of view.

Until you said that I didn't even come close to thinking that the statement I made was in anyway ambiguos. Hahaha! :roftl::roftl:

Now I will only see it your way. :roftl::roftl:

hahaha i'm sorry! i couldn't figure out what had happened to them! hahaha. "did i not get a twitter update?"

Nope, not a food thing - it's usually on a giant warehouse type of building. It's got car stuff, but also everything else you need for your home or garden. I think we told you that at the time but you were quite focused on the tomato itself. :naughty:

:lmfao: I told you that I was half out of it :roftl:, sooo tired :aah:.

This is why it was so funny to us Sara! Like Kodes says, we all grew up with it everywhere we turned - it's part of our collective consciousness - and none of us ever saw it as a tomato until now! But now that's all I see! :roftl:

I'm glad that you all finally see the (big, bright, red) light :naughty:

This is why it was so funny to us Sara! Like Kodes says, we all grew up with it everywhere we turned - it's part of our collective consciousness - and none of us ever saw it as a tomato until now! But now that's all I see! :roftl:

I used to work there as a student and never thought about it but now, everytime I see the logo, I see a triangular tomato, Thanks Sara :sneaky2:

here's proof for what sara says, you nonbelievers! :bleh:

tomate.jpg

canadiantire_logocmyk.jpg

I used to work there as a student and never thought about it but now, everytime I see the logo, I see a triangular tomato, Thanks Sara :sneaky2:

There you go, feast your eyes on the pretty tomato a little bit more :roftl:, you even have Mellody's lovely adaptation :lmfao:

While we're at it, which photoshop cleverio can change the "tire" to "tomato"?