Wicked

sparkly1

(sorry guys but this is a proud mum alert so leave now if you hate proud mums or parents etc, bet there are some proud grandparents out there somewhere too).

Hi Vix...

VixElphaba6eastercomp08-1.jpg

I knew this thread title would grab your attention lol.

Anyway here are some pix of Vix and co and a link to the performance too.

SnNDanceCenter2wickedEastercomps-1.jpg

My daughter Bumblebee_Vix and I are a bit obsessed with the musical Wicked (her more so than me, and she also hero worships Idina Menzel, who was the first Elphaba (witch) in USA and UK).

Anyway, if you haven't seen it I suggest you go, it's totally awesome, we saw it twice last year (one of those being the day in the middle of the Brixton Mika gigs), it took our breath away the singing Kerry Ellis makes a fine Elphy (witch), and I had to pass her some of my tissues nearly every time they sang.

VixElphaba4eastercomp08-1.jpg

It affects ME because I can appreciate the power of the vocals, the atmosphere and also because I know how much this musical means to Vix.

She managed to persuade her dancing school to do a performance of this show, and she was the only one brave enough to want to take on the role of the witch Elphaba, her first performance of it was...in tune (mostly, apart from 1 really hard note), but lacked power, but after a few months of singing lessons she improved on it enormously, her singing teacher says she has a vocal range of 3.5 octaves (which is apparently rather good), she just needs to learn how to use it and develop her technique and dynamics (all very technical to me, I thought you just opened your mouth and you either could sing well or not lol).

Anyway, if anyone would like to see HER (and her dance school S n N's performance of Wicked then here is a link to part 2 (and part 1) (there are a lot more of her performances on her channel too for those into performing arts side of things, some are funny as they are with her stage school, some are better than others lol, she isn't professional yet...but maybe one day her dream will come true to play Elphaba on the west end (fingers crossed).

SnNDanceCenter1wickedEastercomps-1.jpg

We were talking to Saranayde at the after party at Brixton about performing etc and what it's like etc (not that I know I was only ever in a school play at 14 many moons ago lol).

ps she doesn't mind if anyone wants to leave feedback or rate it. (Actually she doesn't know I am making this thread lol, oh well she will have to get used to this kind of thing if she ever makes it.

(ps, the story is about how it was BEFORE the Wizard of Oz and explains a lot of things, we didn't think it would work..I mean how can it be that there was a BEFORE the Wizard of Oz, but it's awesome) GO SEE IT!!

part1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHW51sg6mlM

but part 2 (below) is more vocally challenging lol. She had started to have some singing lessons so this time she was trying to use some of the techniques she had learnt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsYhK4ap3M

VixElphaba1.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh Viv you're absolutely adorable!!! I haven't seen Wicked myself, but i LOVE the music and would love nothing more than to see it myself!!

:blush-anim-cl:lol well when I first heard her sing it and she managed in 1 of her singing lessons to get everything perfect it reduced me to tears (so the saying goes lol).

But your a dancer Caz you can appreciate how hard it is to sing AND dance at the same time, so the rest of the troupe did really well vocally (think I am a closet performer lol).

wow that's so cool!. i love wicked too, i also read the book but personally like the musical much better!

Yeah Vix has read the book too (she got the grimmary and the globe and umbrella and all sorts lol), but she says she prefers the Musical too.

:blush-anim-cl:lol well when I first heard her sing it and she managed in 1 of her singing lessons to get everything perfect it reduced me to tears (so the saying goes lol).

But your a dancer Caz you can appreciate how hard it is to sing AND dance at the same time, so the rest of the troupe did really well vocally (think I am a closet performer lol).

oh yeah I definitely know how hard it is lol, i have no idea how Mika manages it! :roftl: (i know you when you sing you breathe from your stomach and when you dance you breathe from your chest and when doing both, you have to synchronise the two, but it's easier said than done!!)

If you title something with WICKED then I'm OBVIOUSLY gonna look! I well suit being green don't cha think?!

Anyway I can't really winge too much about the pics or vid since I put them up on youtube and myspace n stuff but the 60 day long rant of pride was a wee bit :blush-anim-cl:

Love shoe!

Vix

If you title something with WICKED then I'm OBVIOUSLY gonna look! I well suit being green don't cha think?!

Anyway I can't really winge too much about the pics or vid since I put them up on youtube and myspace n stuff but the 60 day long rant of pride was a wee bit :blush-anim-cl:

Love shoe!

Vix

U more :bleh: (ok ok we will shut up now)

• 2 weeks later...