Official NO DOUBT topic

mandilambi

I don't really know why I have never started an official topic about them, but now that we have a section devoted to other musicians I feel like it's my duty to add a topic for the fantastic band NO DOUBT.

Are there any fans here? I have been a fan since Tragic Kingdom was originally released back in 1995 (Gosh, that makes me feel old). I remember watching Gwen on the Tonight Show and being completely blown away by everything about her. I wanted to be like Gwen. Not much has changed. :wink2:

Anyway...show some love for Gwen, Tony, Tom, and Adrian (don't forget Eric, Gabe, and Stephen, too!)

509134_356x237.jpg

PS. I CAN'T WAIT FOR NO DOUBT'S RETURN!

"Hey No Doubters

Been thinking so much about you all lately as I am back in the studio again with the boys trying to write some new music. What an amazing few years it has been. So inspired going through the dance record phase of my life. Thank you so much for all your support! The tour was incredible. We ended up doing over 100 shows around the world and it was so rewarding and again inspiring. Thank you to everyone who came out to see it…memories for life! Great to be home with with all my boys. Feels crazy to be pregnant all over again!!!!! We have been spending every day up in the little studio in our house trying to write music. My favorite part so far is just seeing the guys everyday and hanging out. We have so much fun together. The songwriting part is a bit slow on my part…I think it has something to do with the baby in my belly but I'm sure it is all of the process and I really believe this could be the most inspired No Doubt record so far. Cant wait to see what happens.

All my love g"

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love No Doubt!...an amazing band!

I ran to the music store as soon as Tragic Kingdom came out in Australia.

I love Gwen...I admire her so much and she is so beautiful!

Plus she loves the band Madness and I'm a devoted fan like she is.

I also saw her live when she came to Australia as No Doubt with her Rocksteady tour...I still have her concert tshirt.:biggrin2:

nodoubt.jpg

LOL Jess! I know....I guess it would be weird for anyone else to start this topic, eh? ;)

I Throw My Toys Around is an awesome song. :D

Bianca, looks like we have a few things in common! :) That's great you saw them during the Rock Steady tour. I saw them during the Singles tour and it was amazing. I cannot wait to see them again!

I love No Doubt and was a little sad when Gwen went off to do her solo thing. But now I can't wait to hear some new stuff from them. "Don't Speak" has remained to this day one of my favorite songs.

On a small side note - my best friend's husband is a music producer and got to work with them on their last album. How cool is that?

I love No Doubt!...an amazing band!

I ran to the music store as soon as Tragic Kingdom came out in Australia.

I love Gwen...I admire her so much and she is so beautiful!

Plus she loves the band Madness and I'm a devoted fan like she is.

I also saw her live when she came to Australia as No Doubt with her Rocksteady tour...I still have her concert tshirt.:biggrin2:

nodoubt.jpg

I saw them during that tour and still have my tee-shirt too! haha

I love No Doubt and was a little sad when Gwen went off to do her solo thing. But now I can't wait to hear some new stuff from them. "Don't Speak" has remained to this day one of my favorite songs.

On a small side note - my best friend's husband is a music producer and got to work with them on their last album. How cool is that?

That is really cool! What a great record to get to work on too. :thumb_yello:

As for Gwen's solo...I am glad she did it. It's completely different from No Doubt, but I still enjoy it. I much prefer her rocking out with the boys, but that doesn't mean some fun disposable pop isn't good fun sometimes too. :)

That being said, I have anticipated this record ever since the Singles came out. The boombox really got me jazzed for new material, so ever since then I have been aching for them to do another record! Gwen has said she thinks the next one will be their most inspired....and that just gets me all the more excited for it.

Not much new...but still enough to get me jazzed... :)

Taken by http://beacon-street.net

OFFICIAL NEWS NO DOUBT'S MANAGER CONFIRMS NEW ALBUM BEING PRODUCED BY MARK "SPIKE" STENT, AND HAS A PENCILED IN RELEASE DATE OF EARLY 2009. A FULL TOUR WILL ALSO BE SCHEDULED IN 2009 FOR NEW ALBUM. It's hard to believe, but by the time No Doubt finish work on their next album, they will have released only one CD during George W. Bush's two terms in office. Of course, in the interim, singer Gwen Stefani has kept busy with two solo albums and a son (with another kid on the way). Meanwhile, guitarist Tom Dumont has produced albums by his pal Matt Costa, bassist Tony Kanal has helped Stefani on her solo efforts, and drummer Adrian Young played drums on Bow Wow Wow's 2004 tour.

But, after several years of promises to get back to their day job, No Doubt are finally hunkering down in the studio to work on their first album of new material since 2001's Rock Steady. Stefani took to the message boards on the band's Web site on Friday to break the news.

"Been thinking so much about you all lately as I am back in the studio again with the boys, trying to write some new music," wrote Stefani, 38, who is expecting her second child with husband Gavin Rossdale this summer. "What an amazing few years it has been. So inspired going through the dance-record phase of my life. Thank you so much for all your support! The tour was incredible. We ended up doing over 100 shows around the world, and it was so rewarding and again inspiring. Thank you to everyone who came out to see it ... memories for life!

"Great to be home with all my boys," said Stefani, who reunited with the band onstage during two of her solo shows in California last summer. "Feels crazy to be pregnant all over again!!!!! We have been spending every day up in the little studio in our house, trying to write music. My favorite part so far is just seeing the guys every day and hanging out. We have so much fun together. The songwriting part is a bit slow on my part. ... I think it has something to do with the baby in my belly, but I'm sure it is all of the process, and I really believe this could be the most inspired No Doubt record so far. Can't wait to see what happens."

In early March, Dumont, whose wife is also expecting a second child this summer, wrote in the same forum that it was nice to feel the Southern California sun shining into "the little studio space where we've been working on some new music." He promised that "this year is going to be so great, making music together again. I don't want to disclose too much too soon, but we have a heap of new ideas being explored."

Manager Jim Guerinot said the yet-untitled album, which is being produced by Mark "Spike" Stent (Bj�rk, U2, Britney Spears), is penciled in for the first half of 2009. Between the babies and recording, No Doubt are not expected to do any touring in 2008, but, Guerinot promised, they plan to hit the road hard in 2009 for their first full-fledged band tour in nearly five years.

• 3 weeks later...