Tea drinker

Clare

In this video footage Mika talks about himself being a fussy tea drinker, and his tea not being too hot or too cold.

So I thought I would do a thread about it. :cool:

So guys:woot_jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-LBiaeT40k

What type of tea do you think Mika likes best of all?

Earl Grey

Darjeeling

Tetley Tea

PG Tips

Or do you think Mika is into the herbal teas?

What do you think girls?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont drink tea but i know what he mean about the too hot or too cold thing as im the same with my coffee ! i never drink coffee in anyones house as its always too hot + i drink it with single cream , i dont understand if someone asks you if you want a coffee & its piping hot i want to drink it when im given it i dont want to nurse the cup for 20 mins until it cools down :thumbdown:

I`m a pure bread tea drinker :lol3:

My mom looked after that,but i kinda think it`s earl grey,tho why limit yourself to one brand?

I love teas and always trying out new ones

I did have a weak spot for the vanilla one

Earl Grey is my favorite, because that's the first kind that I ever had and I continued buying it for years until I decided to buy a sampler and tried other flavors. The only one that I don't like are the lemon and orange flavored ones. Bleh.

I really like this thread and you will soon find out why.

I'm a tea-drinker too, and I find it a little bit funny that Mika often talks about tea.

Happy to say we have one thing in common!:wub2:

I think Mika drinks Earl Grey.

I love it too and I make real tea with tea leaves, never tea bags!

I think it's a little unfair to say that Mika has an obsession about his tea, he may have ocd in other areas but when it comes to making tea it is really important to make it the right way.

The water has to have the exact temperature, and you can only have the tea leaves to stay in there for a short period of time. Or the tea will get too bitter.

In the mornings I put honey in my tea and in the evenings I mix it with milk.

I'm really serios about this as you can see.:naughty:

If you are a tea drinker and never drink coffee it's important to get a good cup of tea.:thumb_yello:

I just drink what my mum gives me, which is usually PG Tips. The only thing I have with tea is it can't be too milky or too cold. And alway 2 sweetners, but I don't like sugar. Maybe I am awkward.

See my picture caption title below my avatar...

It's Earl Grey I think...I just need to know what brand.

I've figured out (with the help of others) his grey boxer-briefs are from the Gap and his mystery juice is Ribena, etc, etc. I just need to know his brand of tea. It's my next mission and I'm already trying to recruit other MFCers to help me on this one. It's pointlessly ridiculous since I will never be serving him tea..but I will be the crazy obsessed fan that I am and end up buying the same brand just because...

i dont drink tea but i know what he mean about the too hot or too cold thing as im the same with my coffee ! i never drink coffee in anyones house as its always too hot + i drink it with single cream , i dont understand if someone asks you if you want a coffee & its piping hot i want to drink it when im given it i dont want to nurse the cup for 20 mins until it cools down :thumbdown:

I think he means it's important that the water is the right temperature when the tea is being infused, rather than whether it is cool enough to drink.

Personally I don't mind an oversteeped cuppa. I like Darjeeling and also chai spices, especially ginger.

Earl Grey wins then.

When I was little I wouldn't drink tea at all. Before teabags were invented and we uesed to have loose tea, I was given a cup of tea at my Nans house. She had loose tea(without teabags). There were bits at the bottom of the cup. That put me off tea for a long time. I think I was ten years old when I started drinking tea again.

Oh you're a genius Titania :biggrin2:

Found this on Wikipedia. My first guess on the Earl Grey had been Twinings. Maybe this is correct?

Some people who try lapsang souchong have negative reactions to its flavour and aroma. It can be bitter, and is certainly not sweet. Lapsang souchong is described sometimes as an "acquired taste." Trace amounts of lapsang souchong are included in the Twinings company's Earl Grey blend.

Oh you're a genius Titania :biggrin2:

Found this on Wikipedia. My first guess on the Earl Grey had been Twinings. Maybe this is correct?

Some people who try lapsang souchong have negative reactions to its flavour and aroma. It can be bitter, and is certainly not sweet. Lapsang souchong is described sometimes as an "acquired taste." Trace amounts of lapsang souchong are included in the Twinings company's Earl Grey blend.

I did the exact same "wikipedia" thing after reading Titania's post! :wink2:

And in one interview he did say he carried his own "tea bags".

However, ordering tea from a cafe may not be his "ideal cup of tea", because he is limited to what they serve....