Mika, Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor among guests to appear on Canadian Idol

dcdeb

Mika, Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor among guests to appear on Canadian Idol

Published Wednesday July 11th, 2007

Music superstars Avril Lavigne, Rihanna, Maroon 5 and Mika are among the guests slated to appear this year on Canadian Idol.

CTV revealed the blockbuster lineup Wednesday as the Idol wannabes were whittled down to 10 hopefuls.

Other guests set for the televised singing contest include Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor, 2005 Idol Kalan Porter and reigning champ Eva Avila, the broadcaster said in a release.

Lavigne's appearance is set for the series' 90-minute finale Sept. 11, when the two finalists will also perform with Avila and "a superstar to be announced later this summer."

Rihanna will kick off the guest line-up Wednesday with a performance of her No. 1 hit "Umbrella".

It follows an episode Tuesday in which the Top 10 will perform their interpretations of "No. 1 Hits".

"We are flattered to have been approached by some of the world's top artists to appear on Canadian Idol," executive producer John Brunton said in a release. "Stay tuned for more exciting announcements to come!"

May and Taylor are slated to coach the hopefuls through episodes based on the music of Queen on Aug. 6 and 7, while Maroon 5 will provide advice to the Top 6 on Aug. 13 before performing live on Aug. 14.

British pop sensation Mika is set to appear Aug. 27 and 28 for the show's "British Invasion" episode.

Porter is to appear Sept. 4 as part of the "people's choice" episodes that will narrow the contest to a final two competitors.

http://canadaeast.com/ce2/docroot/article.php?articleID=28044

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nn... I was never one for the 'Idol' shows. Or reality in general- the closest I get to reality shows is Ultimate Fighter.

One of my friends that's a huge fan of American Idol made me watch "Queen Night"... Lightly put, I kind of think they butchered it. In any case, I hope the Queen members and Mika enjoy themselves when they go.

Published Wednesday July 11th, 2007

Music superstars Avril Lavigne, Rihanna, Maroon 5 and Mika are among the guests slated to appear this year on Canadian Idol.

CTV revealed the blockbuster lineup Wednesday as the Idol wannabes were whittled down to 10 hopefuls.

Other guests set for the televised singing contest include Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor, 2005 Idol Kalan Porter and reigning champ Eva Avila, the broadcaster said in a release.

Lavigne's appearance is set for the series' 90-minute finale Sept. 11, when the two finalists will also perform with Avila and "a superstar to be announced later this summer."

Rihanna will kick off the guest line-up Wednesday with a performance of her No. 1 hit "Umbrella".

It follows an episode Tuesday in which the Top 10 will perform their interpretations of "No. 1 Hits".

"We are flattered to have been approached by some of the world's top artists to appear on Canadian Idol," executive producer John Brunton said in a release. "Stay tuned for more exciting announcements to come!"

May and Taylor are slated to coach the hopefuls through episodes based on the music of Queen on Aug. 6 and 7, while Maroon 5 will provide advice to the Top 6 on Aug. 13 before performing live on Aug. 14.

British pop sensation Mika is set to appear Aug. 27 and 28 for the show's "British Invasion" episode.

Porter is to appear Sept. 4 as part of the "people's choice" episodes that will narrow the contest to a final two competitors.

http://canadaeast.com/ce2/docroot/article.php?articleID=28044

:woot_jump:OMG:woot_jump:

dcdeb I LOVE YOU!!!!

well...i mean "thank you" really... *faints*

:blush-anim-cl:

Aww, the feeling's mutual, Suzy... I just hope you don't hate me if I

ever deliver any BAD news! LOL!

Seriously, I think I may be one of the few people in the US who have

never watched American Idol, so I really don't know what all this

may entail -- but I *would* watch this, with not only Mika but Brian

May and Roger Taylor!

I hope some of my Canadian friends remember how much

they love me by recording this and sharing when it happens! :biggrin2:

PS My b'day is August 30 -- If Mika is in Canada on August 28, how

hard would it be for him to swing down to DC just a few days later?

I'm just saying... :naughty:

dcdeb

I have a friend who works on the show!!!!

How amazing is that?!!! I hope this connection = TICKETS!!!!!

Deb - if they let us bring cameras (i kinda don't think they will...) but if they do, I will certainly do what I can to get a taping of the show to you somehow - that's the least I can do! Especially for your BIRTHDAY!

:woot_jump:

thx a bunch for the info dcdeb !!!

*hugs*

I usually never watch it but this time I'll be sure to record it ! :D... however I only have a VHS recorder... hope somebody will be able to youtube it !

And while he's in Canada... he could do some shows there right ??? *wink wink, nudge nudge* :naughty:

I have a friend who works on the show!!!!

How amazing is that?!!! I hope this connection = TICKETS!!!!!

Wow, you know friends in all the right places! :thumb_yello:

I'll be interested to hear how this all turns out... not just for me, but for YOU!

YAY for canada peeps ;)

ok but! if august 27th in canada....im thinking USA after - begining of september??!?!? maybe?! :naughty: lol

oh my i wish i had dates allready!!!!