he's just a person

humpfree

I agree that it must be a very strange situation to be in, going from being a normal (albeit very talented!) guy to having people waiting at the airport to have photos with you, when you least expect it, like in Hong Kong (god, I would hate it if someone wanted photos of me the minute I hopped off a plane!)

Meeting him in Sydney was a surreal experience- he honestly came off as such a normal person that it was difficult to believe this was the same person I had stared at for hours on youtube. I think he has one persona (hopefully his normal one!) when he is hanging out friends (or fans!) and another when he is on stage performing. He puts such energy into his shows that it would unnatural to think he jumped around like that all day in real life.

I think that it is fantastic that he has family travelling with him wherever he goes (what a great job- can I apply!) and obviously gives him a sense of home/belonging no matter where he is.

Let's hope that Mika's star will continue to rise at astronomical rates and his need to do constant (repetitive) press interviews will subside and be replaced with fun, unusual pieces that all his fans can enjoy.

(wow, I think this is one of the first serious threads I have ever posted!!)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are certainly SOME CRAZY FANS...:fisch:

alot of people were crying...

I was like, why??

That's hilarious. Like that little girl on American Idol bawling over Sanjaya. Well, except Mika has some talent so I guess it's a little more worthy of being emotional.

Bono sweat on me and sprayed champagne on me once, but I didn't get to meet him :thumbdown:

No, I do not feel sorry for Mika: he is doing what loves, is talented at it and is getting the recognition that he deserves for it. There are negative aspects to being popular and being on the road but there is a price to pay for everything. No, if I met Mika, I would not be awed to the point of shock or tears. Yes, he is a talented, intelligent, beautiful, kind person who deserves immense respect and love but he is "just a person" all the same. In the popular media we put artists on a pressure pedestal and lose perspective, which I think is tragic.

I am, however, guilty as charged: this is my 500th post. :)

If I met Bono...damn...I don't really know. (you wouldn't want to pay to c it because it would b pathetic) I wouldn't really say anything...I'd be in shock...probally like "Thanks"

:tears:

Because it is personal I guess...U2 did a show after 9/11...my Dad was a cop, he was all messed up because of it...but they did a tribute for all the firemen and police officers in November...my Dad was a fan before that, but really gained a new respect for them...including myself

But yes...I am quite random!!! :roll1: AND ITS ALL GUD

Aw, that's so awesome! You know, artists aren't truly great to a person until that have touched them. I suppose that's how it was for you and your dad. It's cool that you like Bono on so many diff levels.

Christine, the sweat is still good...I'm sure CKG would love to experience some of Bono's sweat...LOL

Aw, that's so awesome! You know, artists aren't truly great to a person until that have touched them. I suppose that's how it was for you and your dad. It's cool that you like Bono on so many diff levels.

Christine, the sweat is still good...I'm sure CKG would love to experience some of Bono's sweat...LOL

I guess I like performers that really give it all the got...know what I mean...I may admire a performer, but to really really like them...I need to respect them as an artist and human being...know what I mean??? you can only go so far on talent alone...

I guess that why I like Mika so much...while this is only his first album, and he still has a long road ahead of him...but his life story is very admirable, he's gone through alot...and as far as I know he's EXTERMELY good to his fans

hopfully it will last

I'm pretty sure it will :biggrin2:

Aw, that's so awesome! You know, artists aren't truly great to a person until that have touched them.

That's true for me too. U2 was popular in my high school but I never really cared for them. I was really moved during Bono's performance at Live Aid (which took place on my 17th birthday - I wanted to go to Wembley so bad, but I had to settle for watching it on TV). He is one of the greatest live performers ever.

CGK - is your dad doing okay now?

I can't ever imagine Mika becoming jaded like some musicians! He seems to have a really pure heart and the fact that he has a close-knit family is really admirable to me...

I feel like I'm on the edge of my seat, just waiting to see what happens to him next!

I guess that why I like Mika so much...while this is only his first album, and he still has a long road ahead of him...but his life story is very admirable, he's gone through alot...

I like the fact that he's smart. So many musicians would be pumping gas for a living if they didn't luck into the music thing. I mean, what would Avril Lavigne be doing with her life if it didn't happen for her? Finding a cure for cancer? I doubt it.

He's very worldly and articulate which is how people my age get sucked in. It's easy to forget he's so much younger than I am.

That's true for me too. U2 was popular in my high school but I never really cared for them. I was really moved during Bono's performance at Live Aid (which took place on my 17th birthday - I wanted to go to Wembley so bad, but I had to settle for watching it on TV). He is one of the greatest live performers ever.

CGK - is your dad doing okay now?

oh his really gud now :biggrin2: !!! yeah...it took a while, he had survivers guilt...but really...he is great now!!! actually, he got a new job 5 years after 9/11 , he works with bomb dogs...we have a Dog now, a black lab named Gus (we didn't name him)...he was a real blessing, my Dad loves that Dog

As far as I know I'm the only kid in my High School who really likes their music...well, my and my B.F...

U2 is just one of those bands...great music, great albums, great concerts (REALLY MOVING STUFF)

hey you going to Live Earth...they have a concert right by me...Giants Stadium...but I looked at the performers...not that great honestly

ALL THE GOOD ONES ARE AT WEMBLEY!!! lolololo

is U2 gonna perform...I check the website all the time and there not on the confirmed list...

I like the fact that he's smart. So many musicians would be pumping gas for a living if they didn't luck into the music thing. I mean, what would Avril Lavigne be doing with her life if it didn't happen for her? Finding a cure for cancer? I doubt it.

He's very worldly and articulate which is how people my age get sucked in. It's easy to forget he's so much younger than I am.

Avril Lavinge...don't get me started...

Mika is very articulate...love listening to his interviews

That's good your dad is better. I bet that was an extremely rough time for him.

I agree...the best ones are always at Wembley. And that's too far for me. :(

(anyway...I have to head to bed. G'night, ladies!)

ps. If I don't see you on here tomorrow, CKG, have a fabulous time (I know you will...!!! :) )

That's good your dad is better. I bet that was an extremely rough time for him.

I agree...the best ones are always at Wembley. And that's too far for me. :(

(anyway...I have to head to bed. G'night, ladies!)

ps. If I don't see you on here tomorrow, CKG, have a fabulous time (I know you will...!!! :) )

...I SHOULD GO 2 BED 2!!!

alright...c ya later

you made some good points here! he's not having a real life right now, no time for himself! he keeps telling that it doesn't bother him so much, but honestly I wouldn't want to be him!

i feel really bad now....i suppose i might have freaked him out if he read nay of my posts...but, i assure you, i am pretty much like this all the time. it's not just the influence of mika, but he doea play a big part in my life and maiking me confident enough to say theses things. than you mika, im sorry for you, but want you to know we all really love you. i hope you get better soon.