Pop singer Mika breaks rules, breaks out

titania

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, nice one!

I kind of wish we had a timeline of all this Grace Kelly/Miami/etc business. I get a bit confused... how long ago did he first write Grace Kelly? When exactly was he in Miami? When did he write the album songs? Etc.

--Jack

Oh, nice one!

I kind of wish we had a timeline of all thsi Grace Kelly/Miami/etc business. I get a bit confused... how long ago did he first write Grace Kelly? When exactly was he in Miami? When did he write the album songs? Etc.

--Jack

Yes, I would like to know this too - to have a definite timeline, as you say.

He says he had to do the Miami demo stuff "in his vacations" so that was obviously when he was still at the RCM. But it confuses me!

Now that's what I call a great review.

This guy is not only a skilled music critic but also understands all parts of the business. :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

At the same time the way he incorporates Mika's life and rise to fame into the review makes me think that this article should be made compulsory reading for all Mika fans...:wink2:

Now that's what I call a great review.

This guy is not only a skilled music critic but also understands all parts of the business. :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

At the same time the way he incorporates Mika's life and rise to fame into the review makes me think that this article should be made compulsory reading for all Mika fans...:wink2:

I concur: Great review. :thumb_yello:

• 1 year later...

Mika's in good company. Once, in 1980, Beatle George Harrison turned his album Somewhere in England into his record company, Warner Bros., and the label refused it, insisting he scrap a handful of songs and submit more commercial ones. Harrison reacted by writing the bitter music industry-bashing Blood from a Clone. Ironically, the label accepted that one. Mika laughs upon learning this.

*if you click onto their site there are 3 brief audio interviews with Mika

http://www.miamiherald.com/1020/story/139102-a139923-t4.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/1020/story/139102-a139922-t4.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/1020/story/139102-a139918-t4.html

Thats a nice old article... didn't know the thing about george Harrison ;)

As the links don't work anymore, do you have the audiointerviews by any chance Titania?