Review of Big Girl Video Clip

mouselle

http://thedailyreel.com/spotlight/music/archive/2007/06/20/mika-big-girl-you-are-beautiful

Mika - "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)"

Campy British sensation Mika has already been compared plenty to Freddie Mercury. "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" is unlikely to change that -- it's like a kinder, sweeter, disco-infused "Fat Bottomed Girls," joyfully performed on a sugar high. Bursting forth with color and energy, the video features Mika boisterously taking to the streets with a wide assortment of plus-sized women, dancing and cavorting in what looks like one of the most fun block parties ever.

Skinny girls, watch out. Between this and A Fat Rant, the day of the big girl isn't just coming -- I think it's here. Sit back, have a donut, and enjoy.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mouselle!

That day of the big girl is here! It's here, it's here!!! YAY!

Yikes, how freaky's that, I'm actually sitting here with a donut in one hand!! LOL!

It was a nice review eh?!

I noticed that there are some dodgy comments on Youtube about the video and the woman in it..........being one of them it was a bit hard to read.

I did wonder what the reaction would be to the way it was filmed/edited and the song's material it's self.

I was thrilled to be filmed on the day but started worrying later that there would be a backlash about all of the big girls that appeared in it.

It's a really odd situation to be such a fan of a musician and be in their video...you lose any kind of objectivity.

V.weird!!

Vix x