Mostashfet El Mikaneen! Be Anything You Like!

Sou

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ana Mikanoona! (we say "mahboul(a)", not majaneen, where I come from...am I the only one who says this? :blink: ...the way I learnt to speak Arabic is so weird though :roftl: )

In Morocco you say "emsutya" instead of "majnoona" so don't think that your dialect is weird. :roftl:

You know, our initial spelling of Mikanoona and Mikanoon was Mikanouna and Mikanoun, bas we were worried it would be read/pronounced as Mikanawna/nawn. ;p

I like your idea of treatment though! Hubbly bubbly, hahaha, enti Mikanoona begad!!

There's a MikaLunatics Asylum?!!! EEk..Jass and I didn't know :/

Na3m, ana Mikanoona bejad. Seriously, you can't have an Arabic-named Mika lunatic asylum and not have an argeela/hookah or two! Yeah, there is another lunatic asylum but your one is unique. :naughty:

Hahaha, my madness/obsession is beyond remedy too! (That's the case with most of us Mikaneens, right? :wink2:

Hahaha, maybe we SHOULD have a wikipedia page...only, I dunno how to create them. I'm more of a video/audio/tech gal, not a Wiki gal, hehehe

Not a wikipedia page, the time is ripe for a Mikapedia, Mwahahahah :biggrin2:

:fisch:"...I am here in my mind ... but I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Majaneen means nas faqda their sanity khaless (as our case), bas mahbeel/mahboul(a) are people who are silly, naive bas what differentiates them from el majaneen is that they're in their sane mind. Then again, it might mean one thing in your dialect than it does in others. : )

:boxed: euh...We're not mehébeel!!!! je ne m'attendais pas à celle-la :lmao:

:roftl: I see a big difference between Mahboul & Majnoon!!!:biggrin2:

Mahbool it's someone stupid & Majnoon it's someone crazy!!!!

Haha I'm soooo sorry! I was just discussing it with my aunt...and yeah, mahboul has different meanings, including the same meaning as majnoon, in our dialect...haha this is soooo weird, I know. We also have mharbat for stupid and another word that I can't remember right now hehe^^ We use mahboul for someone who needs to go to a hospital though (ie:us majnouneen haha!)

Oh, now I feel so lost with my Algerian Arabic :roftl:

The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony. :wub2:

I thought that I was the only one who listens to 90's pop. :lol3:

Oh no!

Me too!!!

I love that song...I love the whole "Urban Hymns"...But I've read somewhere that intro was taken by Rolling Stones...

...I prefer, anyway, the sweet "Velvet Morning" :)

Right! Can't get this out of my head (there's a lot of free space now that I've taken my brain out...) :wink2:

I currently have Scissor Sisters' Monkey Baby stuck in my head. Even without my brain my head is naughty. :roftl:

Oh no!

Me too!!!

I love that song...I love the whole "Urban Hymns"...But I've read somewhere that intro was taken by Rolling Stones...

...I prefer, anyway, the sweet "Velvet Morning" :)

Al Mikaneen listen to 90's pop. Why am I not suprised? :roftl:

Haha I'm soooo sorry! I was just discussing it with my aunt...and yeah, mahboul has different meanings, including the same meaning as majnoon, in our dialect...haha this is soooo weird, I know. We also have mharbat for stupid and another word that I can't remember right now hehe^^ We use mahboul for someone who needs to go to a hospital though (ie:us majnouneen haha!)

Seriously, try Moroccan Arabic: it outweirds anything. :naughty:

I currently have Scissor Sisters' Monkey Baby stuck in my head. Even without my brain my head is naughty. :roftl:

Seriously, try Moroccan Arabic: it outweirds anything. :naughty:

I know it! There are some words that are different from us, but I think that's the closest to our dialect I've ever heard...there's an accent that I can hear though...and I don't really get this dialect sometimes haha (the weirdest word for me has to be n'bri...we say neshti, so the way it is said is veryyyy weird to me:naughty: )

Well, generally I prefer 60's, 70's, 80's music, but some wonders of 90's are unquestionable :)

I agree whole-heartedly. Anything more recent than 90's, though, I am critical of (with the exception of Mika and a few others).

I know it! There are some words that are different from us, but I think that's the closest to our dialect I've ever heard...there's an accent that I can hear though...and I don't really get this dialect sometimes haha (the weirdest word for me has to be n'bri...we say neshti, so the way it is said is veryyyy weird to me:naughty: )

You're right, Algerian Arabic is the closest that there is to Moroccan Arabic but even then there are some differences as Moroccan pronunciation is more heavily influenced by Berber and the vocabulary by Berber, French and Spanish. It's a pity that they're not written languages and that you have to learn them by ear, they're hilarious. :lol3:

I agree whole-heartedly. Anything more recent than 90's, though, I am critical of (with the exception of Mika and a few others).

You're right, Algerian Arabic is the closest that there is to Moroccan Arabic but even then there are some differences as Moroccan pronunciation is more heavily influenced by Berber and the vocabulary by Berber, French and Spanish. It's a pity that they're not written languages and that you have to learn them by ear, they're hilarious. :lol3:

I couldn't write Arabic for the life of me :roftl:

One of my friend is Algerian, sometimes, not often, we talk in arabic, well I mean we say some words...she understand my Lebanese...but me, I'm not abble to understand what she's saying!!

The words & the pronounciation are sooo different!!!

I understand more maroccan & tunisian than algerian.

"Mahbool" was fun, in France, kids are using it more & more often:naughty:

im a proud MIKANOON!!!

add meee!!! :D

Mikanoona. :wink2:

One of my friend is Algerian' date=' sometimes, not often, we talk in arabic, well I mean we say some words...she understand my Lebanese...but me, I'm not abble to understand what she's saying!! The words & the pronounciation are sooo different!!! I understand more maroccan & tunisian than algerian.[/quote']

It's hilarious how this has turned into an Arabic language discussion thread. :naughty: Moroccan is closer to Algerian than Tunisian and less understandable to my Lebanese friends than both. :blink:

So I see some of you practise the hooka/shisha :das:

The MikaLunatic Asylum in Mikaville doesn't have the hookah/shisha/argeela, Jass, so that's why I'm here. :roftl:

It's hilarious how this has turned into an Arabic language discussion thread. :naughty: Moroccan is closer to Algerian than Tunisian and less understandable to my Lebanese friends than both. :blink:

:roftl:

Sorry but...Dont wanna be treated as a Mahboula!!!:lmao: :lmao::lmao:

Mikanoona. :wink2:

The MikaLunatic Asylum in Mikaville doesn't have the hookah/shisha/argeela, Jass, so that's why I'm here. :roftl:

Hahaha so true Scut I can't understand a thing moroccan (not algerian or tunisian either for that matter) :biggrin2:

We have all sorts of timbak for the argeela/shisha/hookah here my friend, what flavour do you like? :naughty: