Mika on Oprah

I've been thinking about this for some time. What if....Mika were to go on the Oprah show??

It would be great exposure, he would become more popular in the states, and Oprah would LOVE him. :biggrin2:

I think we should write at least 500 letters to the oprah show.

The letters would include

-why you love Mika

-how talented he is

-how sweet he is

-how great he is to his fans etc.

It won't be hard because we all know how much the Mika fan club members love Mika.We can go on and on about Mika if we have the time and if people are willing to listen.

They should be at least 2 paragraphs long and..........i don't even know if this is a good idea. :blink:

If it isn't please tell me. Please??? :boxed:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Mika was going to be on oprah! LOL you fooled me i was like "OMG, WHERES MY CALENDAR!". :blush-anim-cl:

But i'm terrible at writting... Hmm, I guess i can try. LOL jk, of course i'll do it, it's for mika!

Same - unfair!

But i agree - imagine the havoc the would cause together - mwahahahah

This is my letter:

To whom it may concern,

I am not writting to you because i have a question. I am writting to you because I have a suggestion. I've recently discovered the music of a great up and coming artist. His full name is Michael Holbrook Penniman. His stage name is Mika. Mika was born in Beirut, Lebanon. When he was 1 his family move to London because of the war.He stopped speaking and had to be home-schooled for a period of time. Mika's debut album is called Life In Cartoon Motion. His first single is a song named " Grace Kelly". It is about Mika's struggles in the music industry and him being true to himself. There are 12 songs on Life In Cartoon Motion and I think they are all great. My personal favorite is "Love Today". Mika is not like any other artist I know. He is intelligent, well-spoken, down to earth, well-dressed, handsome, and polite. He knows when to keep his mouth shut and always has the perfect answer for every question. He is happy and sincere in each and every one of his interviews. Mika is quite passionate and dedicated to what he does. He is currently on tour in Europe and just finishe his U.S tour. He is in a different country nearly every day. Mika is always energetic and gives every concert his all. I think it would be great if Mika were to be invited on the Oprah show to talk about his songs and lyrics. It could be part of one of the "The Buzz" shows. This is my suggestion. I hope you consider it. You will be getting tons of letters from Mika's fans soon!

Sincerely,Stephanie

What do you guys think?

Should i take out the last part?

Because i don't know how many people will actually write a letter.

Please tell me what you think!

This is my letter:

To whom it may concern,

I am not writting to you because i have a question. I am writting to you because I have a suggestion. I've recently discovered the music of a great up and coming artist. His full name is Michael Holbrook Penniman. His stage name is Mika. Mika was born in Beirut, Lebanon. When he was 1 his family move to London because of the war.He stopped speaking and had to be home-schooled for a period of time. Mika's debut album is called Life In Cartoon Motion. His first single is a song named " Grace Kelly". It is about Mika's struggles in the music industry and him being true to himself. There are 12 songs on Life In Cartoon Motion and I think they are all great. My personal favorite is "Love Today". Mika is not like any other artist I know. He is intelligent, well-spoken, down to earth, well-dressed, handsome, and polite. He knows when to keep his mouth shut and always has the perfect answer for every question. He is happy and sincere in each and every one of his interviews. Mika is quite passionate and dedicated to what he does. He is currently on tour in Europe and just finishe his U.S tour. He is in a different country nearly every day. Mika is always energetic and gives every concert his all. I think it would be great if Mika were to be invited on the Oprah show to talk about his songs and lyrics. It could be part of one of the "The Buzz" shows. This is my suggestion. I hope you consider it. You will be getting tons of letters from Mika's fans soon!

Sincerely,Stephanie

What do you guys think?

Should i take out the last part?

Because i don't know how many people will actually write a letter.

Please tell me what you think!

Ha ha excellent - love it - go you!

but.... mika stopped speaking? I have to admit i know nothing of his history.

Great idea Soon-to-bemrs penniman!

I have written an email to Oprah and asked her if she would like to have him as a guest in her show, thank you for the adress.

I think he would be a very apprechiated guest on the Oprah show, with his interesting background story and he could sing there to.

Now let's just hope!

My letter

Hello,

I wanted to do a request. I think you should do Mika in your show, and I'm going to explain why.

I didnt knew anything of him a couple of weeks ago, but it was his contact over the internet that made me wonder:

'What is he like.'

And now I know, he's a talented singer with a good heart. He's always smiling and has a heart for his fans. He's not obsessed with money, or 'I need to change, because no one will listen to my music anymore'. No, he's amazing, he's an original artist and I'm proud of him.

His full name is Micheal Holbrook Penniman, or as we call him; Mika. He was born in Lebanon and moved over to Paris when he was 1 year old. Then when he was 9 he moved over to London. He had a very hard time at school and became dyslectic.

His first single is 'Grace Kelly' and it's about being yourself. He wrote it when he was angry at the music industrie because they wanted him to change. He didnt and now he's still here at the top.

That's why I love him so much. He deserves it to be in Oprah, because of his hard work.

I may live in Holland and I may be 14 years old, but I know what a good artist is.

He is a good artist, and maybe some people dont see it. But I do. He would be a great person to be on your show.

Greetings, Willemijn

My pants attempt as a letter - dont let us down MFCers - mail away

http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml

Hi i realise this is not a question. However i gather that by now you would have had one or two emails with suggestions of having an artist more formally knows as 'Mika' appearing on your show. I would like to inform you that these are the first of many emails on this matter. Mika's music has influenced many people of all ages, genders, country or origin, religion and dare i say it all sexual orientation across the world and has taught us as a general population to stand for what we believe in, and we believe in Mika so therefor will persist in our quest for him to appear on your show in the near future and our quest to fill your inbox with messages of the same format.