Mika on Oprah

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ps I thought only Jack Violet knew the future....

pps do you know John's cat, George's, real birth name? I find it haunts me.:boxed:

Haha... Deek knows rather a lot more than I do... I think someone even has it in their signature?

Don't think her knowledge extends to cat names though. But I could be wrong. My future ball is silent on that point.

--Jack

Haha... Deek knows rather a lot more than I do... I think someone even has it in their signature?

Don't think her knowledge extends to cat names though. But I could be wrong. My future ball is silent on that point.

--Jack

I shall be haunted then...but thanks for straightening me out on the other points. I do get a bit wavy at times.:wink2:

What wonderful letters on this thread, so heartfelt and convincing! I sent off two email requests today and hope to do a couple every day. In my second one I mentioned the Big Girl, You are Beautiful song and video and what an inspiration Mika's music has been to so many people. One of his messages is to be happy with yourself and in your own skin, to respect yourself and others.

Mika's music is very inspiring and I think Oprah would like that. Whatever the end result of this may or may not be, I am glad we are going down this path.

Write to Oprah!!

:thumb_yello:

https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeOnTheShow.jhtml?action=respond&plugId=B2100004

i am changing the goal from 500 to 50. Because....well 500 is kind of daunting. And because i want to start small and build up...if that makes any sense.

Anyway, thanks for all of the positive feedback.

If you want to write a letter the website is http://www.oprah.com and the shortcut is clicking on this link

http://www2.oprah.com/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml.

Whoever posted this link, THANK YOU!

I am not so advanced, technology wise.

Thought about it and finally decided to do it!

Here is the e-mail I just sent:

Hi Producers of Oprah!

I'm 35 years old and have never been starstruck in all my life until I discovered MIKA! I am one of thousands of people who have recently discovered the phenomenon of the next big thing! I will guarantee you that if you only take a few moments to listen to his album and find even a portion of his interviews that you will want to know more. I have (met?) women online, like myself, mothers, who are on his unofficial MIKA Fan Club forum everyday and chat about MIKA. My husband and kids do not know what has happened to mommy who is suddenly obsessed by a young 23 yr old sensation (ha ha).

I'm the biggest fan, and I'm sure you receive letters like this all the time from women who are obsessed by some hot new talent, so I may not be able to convince you yet how different this is from the rest, but at least I tried. Oh yes! I am from a suburb of Toronto, Canada and I made my husband drive me to CHICAGO last month (9 hours almost!)for my birthday just to watch a MIKA concert in your city at the METRO. Give them a call and ask them who made up the majority of the lineup for the concert (they will tell you - Mothers and their kids!) next to young teenagers! They have never seen anything like it - his following are FOREVER FANS! Check out the fan site:

http://www.mikafanclub.com

Thank you for your time, and pls don't forget me if by the slimmest chance you decide to have a MIKA show!!!

Suzy

Lets cross our fingers that they hear us!

Thanks for the great idea - let me now if anyone else responded positively to this because I hope it works!

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

Has this mission died?... :rip_1: 'Coz I'd really like to resuscitate it... :stretcher:

I'm not the biggest Oprah fan, but it would help MIKA commercially

*wonders to self if should stay greedy and keep MIKA exclusive to existing fans so gigs don't get too big and still has chance to meet him again* :blink:

while I totally support that, Oprah seems very independent-minded so I doubt she'll invite someone simply by popular demand. Believe me, with her power and status she ONLY invites people she's really into.

maybe if me and the big O were homegirls i could convince her to book mr. sex god over here :naughty:

but I'm all for introducing Oprah to Mika, so sure I'll write in. :biggrin2: anything for my fiance :wink2::roftl:

while I totally support that, Oprah seems very independent-minded so I doubt she'll invite someone simply by popular demand. Believe me, with her power and status she ONLY invites people she's really into.

maybe if me and the big O were homegirls i could convince her to book mr. sex god over here :naughty:

but I'm all for introducing Oprah to Mika, so sure I'll write in. :biggrin2: anything for my fiance :wink2::roftl:

I'm glad you support my idea and i appriciate you writting in BUT,

Mika is MY fiance!!!

MINE!!!

READ THE USERNAME

*calms down*

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write in and to post on this thread.

HE'S MINE!!

(as you can tell, i'm having dual personality issues at the moment, please hold):biggrin2:

So, thanks you verrrrrrrrrry much and have a woooonderful day!

*smiles like a maniac*

Just kidding! (he's still mine):mf_lustslow: