Katy Perry

Ioana

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:yay: WAKING UP IN VEGAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE PUT UP WAKING UP IN VEGAS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "for the people craving" : it's ME !!!!

SHAKE THE GLITTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

:yay: WAKING UP IN VEGAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE PUT UP WAKING UP IN VEGAS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "for the people craving" : it's ME !!!!

SHAKE THE GLITTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

well done :thumb_yello: I love it !! just added to my profile... again :naughty:

well I'm not wondering why she put up "waking up in vegas" again :roftl:

This message is quite scary :blink:

ok... now i'm honestly craving for waking up in vegas... you'll be responsible of my death if you don't put it up... I'M GONNA DO IT, MAN !!! I'M NOT KIDDING !!! I'M GONNA DO IT !!!!

yours, sincerly,

Have you read this article yet? I found it yesterday on the net but forgot to save the link... here it is, anyway.

Katy Perry: The Girl Behind 'Ur So Gay'

Article Date: 01/29/2008

By Bryan Ochalla

Thirteen years after Alanis Morissette snarled her way into the spotlight with the angsty “You Oughta Know”, fans are still trying to figure out who made the singer-songwriter so angry she put pen to paper and wrote lyrics like, “Every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back, I hope you feel it.”

Katy Perry may find herself in a similar position if first single, “Ur So Gay”, in which she belittles an ex-boyfriend for wearing makeup and needing SPF-45 “just to stay alive,” takes a similar trajectory.

Sure, Perry’s song isn’t as serious as Morissette’s, but it’s just as bitter. “I hope you hang yourself with your H&M scarf while jacking off listening to Mozart,” the 22-year-old daughter of a pair of pastors seethes during the tune’s opening salvo.

The Santa Barbara, CA, native shares more than just lyrical similarities with the Grammy-winning Morissette: Glen Ballard, who co-wrote and produced “You Oughta Know,” is helping Perry put the finishing touches on her debut album, due out this spring.

Other producers that have spent time in the studio with Perry over the past three years include Dave Stewart (Eurythmics), Dr. Luke (Avril Levigne, Kelly Clarkson), Butch Walker (Pink, the Donnas) and Greg Wells (Mika, Rufus Wainwright).

“I’ve written a lot of songs about love and loss in that time, and they all provide little snapshots of my life,” she says.

That includes “Ur So Gay”. Although Perry won’t say who prompted her to write lines like, “You bitch and moan about L.A./Wishing you were in the rain reading Hemmingway,” she will say he’s a “sensitive musician.”

The song “is all about taking the piss out of that sort of scene—the guys who wear eyeliner, the guys who use flatirons, the guys who spend more time in front of the mirror than their girlfriends,” shares Perry, who says she’d “rather hang out with gay guys than straight guys any day of the week.”

Actually, Perry admits, the ex responsible for “Ur So Gay” doesn’t use a flat iron. “But he does wear an H&M scarf,” she says with a laugh. “That’s OK—I love him anyway. We’re still friends. We have to be—we have joint custody of a cat!”