Mfc Crash -all Read

deano

Hi guys,

You may have noticed that for the past hour or two the forum has been having problems.

It appears that it is YOUR fault :bleh:

I will explain...

Most forums are nowhere near as big or popular as MFC, so it is not normal to have threads with more than 1,000 replies.

Here at MFC we have numerous threads with over 10,000 replies :shocked:

This has been battering the server for weeks.

Anyway, to solve the problem, we have closed all the mega threads. But do not panic! We are going to create PART 2 threads for them.... e.g The oldings thread PART 2, the dutch thread part 2 etc,,,,

Make sense?

So it seems that you guys and gals are simply too hardcore for the Internet.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter.

PM Freddie with any questions.

URGENT

We need the people who created the MEGA threads to create the PART 2 threads.

e.g Freddie is opening the new bar...

So if you are the creator of a mega thread, then please create a new thread

1) Same title, but add "Part 2"

2) Copy across the entire first post, or any lists that you will need etc...

3) if you can't access the first posts, then PM Freddie and he will send it to you.

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, please note that we will NOT be deleting ANY of the threads. We are simply closing them for now, and we are going to create a section for the mega threads (archive section). Kinda like a museum of the best threads on the net.

Also, please note that we will NOT be deleting ANY of the threads. We are simply closing them for now, and we are going to create a section for the mega threads (archive section). Kinda like a museum of the best threads on the net.

okay maybe im blonde but how does closing big threads but keeping them then opening new threads help?

Good question.

When you have a thread with 10,000 replies, we readers only see one page at a time, but the server has to load EVERY page within that thread.

So basically a thread with 10,000 replies is a nightmare for the server. Bear in mind many entire forums don't have 10,000 posts.:biggrin2:

Good question.

When you have a thread with 10,000 replies, we readers only see one page at a time, but the server has to load EVERY page within that thread.

So basically a thread with 10,000 replies is a nightmare for the server. Bear in mind many entire forums don't have 10,000 posts.:biggrin2:

ah right ok i get it, and again i point to my previous post about sigs, then the server doesnt need to load all of those too

Also, during the recent problems I decided to put more of my own money into this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

So as of tomorrow evening we are moving to our very own MFC server.

Bear in mind that normally there are 100+ sites per server, we will have one to ourself :punk:

The bad news is that the forum will be offiline for a bit tomorrow, but after that it should be flawless.

Also, during the recent problems I decided to put more of my own money into this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Bear in mind that normally there are 100+ sites per server, we will have one to ourself :punk:

The bad news is that the forum will be offiline for a bit tomorrow, but after that it should be flawless.

deano we love you :)

I love you :] You're amazing! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!

We feel speshul!:shocked::)