I respect Mika.

Finkster

well, im gonna go to bed too. try to clear my head of all the insanity of the night. i'll dream of ponies, wait no, um rainbows and the roaming gnome,i love him:mf_lustslow:

thanks so much for the thread finkster:thumb_yello:

i promise to be less....well, like i was:bleh:

nighty night all

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Night night <3.

So im the only one here.

... *sits in a corner*

lonely, im mrs. lonely, i have no body............. :bleh:

I'm here!:roftl:

I think the firts thread I've started here was one wanting to say how impressed I was with the preson that Mika is,with his whole personality and how much I admired that

Now passing to the fact that I am a knitter and proud of it :biggrin2:

And I am truly convinced it dosen't affect me respecting Mika,mainly because all that is said there is jokingly and if I remember well,noone ever crossed the line.

Ahhhhhhhhhh i have to go now too :tears:

Well, thanks Jess for creating this thread <3

And goodnight Sarie! Sorry I have to go :( :(

Me too! Damn!

Goodnight everyone!

Thanks again, Jess <3

This will probably be a little long, but please, if you feel the same way and have some time on your hands, read on..

Last night I started thinking about a lot of things..(mostly Mika, of course). After a while, I thought about something I read on the GMA thread which bothered me a little. Someone made a comment about these girls who would shout things to Mika while he was on stage like, "Take your clothes off!" or "Get naked!"

This really bothered me because I know if someone shouted these things at me, I wouldn't like it and I'd think that person was disgusting. It also bothered me because Mika's family was in the audience, including his young cousins, and they all could have heard what these girls were shouting.

I remember the uncomfortable look on Mika's face as they shouted this and felt pity toward him and could only imagine how awkward he felt. I remember thinking, "They are so rude! Mika's not a piece of meet!"

Then it hit me, I was being a major hypocrit. I have been involved in discussions and in threads talking about Mika as if that's all he is, a piece of meat. I suddenly felt extremely guilty. I felt so shallow. I also felt extremely horrible because of this.

When I first started posting on the MFC, I tried to stay away from dirty threads, but as I posted more and more, and started reading these threads more, I started thinking it was okay and fun to talk about Mika like this.

Now, I realize Mika is EXTREMELY attractive, but he is so much more than a gorgeous exterior.There are so many more things I love about him on the INSIDE and I respect him so much for so many reasons. I honestly think his inner beauty radiates more brightly than his outer beauty.

I don't mean to offend anyone who reads this in any way, shape, or form. I was actually very nervous about starting this thread for that very reason. I love you all so much and love talking with each of you! You're all such great friends, and great people, and so much fun to talk to! Please, don't take anything at all I say offensively, because the last thing I want is to hurt your feelings or to lose such great friends. I don't mean to attack anyone, single them out, or make anybody feel angry, hurt, or as if they're a bad person.

We're all human and we all have our weaknesses, and I have fallen into that sort of temptation in the past, which I'm a bit ashamed of admitting now, and after I realized I was being hypocritical, I don't have any negative or different views of any of you.

I ask all of you to join this thread if you respect Mika for the beautiful person he is on the inside. Think about it, Mika has done SO MUCH for us, the least we can do is show him some respect.

Thank you all for your time. Again, I started this thread as a POSITIVE thing, not to bring anyone down.

And I promise, if I talk about Mika as if he were a piece of meat or in a dirty way, I'll confess to Holy Johnny ASAP.

What do all of you say, should we make a little I.R.M. (I Respect Mika) group? Yay or neigh?

Can you add me to this too? I really find it disheartening how people talk about other people, like they are some object. I respect MIKA greatly as a fellow musician and performer and we should treat him with great respect.

Some people concerned about his private life have no respect for him and that saddens me. He is all of us. "Its all about self-respect"

suzanne:)

This will probably be a little long, but please, if you feel the same way and have some time on your hands, read on..

Last night I started thinking about a lot of things..(mostly Mika, of course). After a while, I thought about something I read on the GMA thread which bothered me a little. Someone made a comment about these girls who would shout things to Mika while he was on stage like, "Take your clothes off!" or "Get naked!"

This really bothered me because I know if someone shouted these things at me, I wouldn't like it and I'd think that person was disgusting. It also bothered me because Mika's family was in the audience, including his young cousins, and they all could have heard what these girls were shouting.

I remember the uncomfortable look on Mika's face as they shouted this and felt pity toward him and could only imagine how awkward he felt. I remember thinking, "They are so rude! Mika's not a piece of meet!"

Then it hit me, I was being a major hypocrit. I have been involved in discussions and in threads talking about Mika as if that's all he is, a piece of meat. I suddenly felt extremely guilty. I felt so shallow. I also felt extremely horrible because of this.

When I first started posting on the MFC, I tried to stay away from dirty threads, but as I posted more and more, and started reading these threads more, I started thinking it was okay and fun to talk about Mika like this.

Now, I realize Mika is EXTREMELY attractive, but he is so much more than a gorgeous exterior.There are so many more things I love about him on the INSIDE and I respect him so much for so many reasons. I honestly think his inner beauty radiates more brightly than his outer beauty.

I don't mean to offend anyone who reads this in any way, shape, or form. I was actually very nervous about starting this thread for that very reason. I love you all so much and love talking with each of you! You're all such great friends, and great people, and so much fun to talk to! Please, don't take anything at all I say offensively, because the last thing I want is to hurt your feelings or to lose such great friends. I don't mean to attack anyone, single them out, or make anybody feel angry, hurt, or as if they're a bad person.

We're all human and we all have our weaknesses, and I have fallen into that sort of temptation in the past, which I'm a bit ashamed of admitting now, and after I realized I was being hypocritical, I don't have any negative or different views of any of you.

I ask all of you to join this thread if you respect Mika for the beautiful person he is on the inside. Think about it, Mika has done SO MUCH for us, the least we can do is show him some respect.

Thank you all for your time. Again, I started this thread as a POSITIVE thing, not to bring anyone down.

And I promise, if I talk about Mika as if he were a piece of meat or in a dirty way, I'll confess to Holy Johnny ASAP.

What do all of you say, should we make a little I.R.M. (I Respect Mika) group? Yay or neigh?

IRM (I Respect Mika)

#1. Finkster

#2. BonjourMika1990

#3. AKatieisaKate

#4. Lucy

#5. Soon-to-bemrs.penniman

#6. Hannah

#7. Ghostintheradio

#8. sara101

#9. ohwowitsnicka

#10. purplegrape

#11. backflip_76

#12. findingmywords

#13. LittleTechieShelina

#14. DS Nightly

Finkster, you really said everything that I had been thinking about recently. I would be honored to join your group :thumb_yello:

Yes, I was also a bit negatively surprised about such comments being shouted. I can imagine how Mika could have been feeling when hearing this - he had to be kind and smile even if he wanted to say "shut up". There are dirty threads here (I usually stay away of them though :naughty: ), but I think there's great difference between discussing these things for fun and shouting at Mika "Get naked!" Yes, he is extremely attractive, but that is not all he is. I totally agree that his inner beauty radiates even more brightly that his outer beauty - I've always been fascinated how this person who is unbelievably beautiful can be even more beautiful from inside. When you see somebody, you don't see only his exterior - every movement and facial expression, every word tells you about the person. And looking at Mika I can only say I'm happy there are people like him in this world. Great thread!:wink2:

Before I start, I want to say that this post isn't to offend, insult or attack anyone but to bring balance to this discussion.

i kinda feel stupid for writting this 'cause i don't even know the man

That's what I was thinking while reading this thread. I'm sorry but no matter how many interviews you watch/read or how many times you meet Mika at his performances, you don't really know him. What you see is Mika's professional face, his industry behaviour, his best behaviour. Yes, you do get insight into his personality but nowhere near enough to judge him "as a person", for better or for worse, as some people have done in this thread.

what I really love and respect about him is how innocent and funny he is

I'm sorry, he's been nice but he is not innocent. A person doesn't take off their shirt and pelvic thrust on stage, throwing the word "f*ck" into every other sentence and get called "innocent". Please don't paint an unrealistic fairytale picture of Mika, it's just as bad as unfairly painting him evil.

That said, any human being deserves a certain level of respect and that includes Mika. I believe that almost everyone on this forum already shows him that level of respect (as "a human being" not necessarily "as a person" because we don't really know what he's like as a person) without needing to add "IRM" to their name. I'm a knitter and while I'm not 100% comfortable with all of my posts in the past, I'm not going to take a single word of it back. Everyone has their own idea of where "the line" is and I don't believe that I've crossed "my" line anywhere.

In short: please be realistic.

i agree with you scutmonkey!:thumb_yello: i think its easy to forget mika is human just like every single one of us on here, not just a virtual figure on the tv. We know the business side of his personality, and no matter how much he seems to put a front on from comments in interviews etc im sure some of the more personal comments on here are quite hurtful to him. Those girls at the gma were disgusting , im sorry. Im sure mika must have felt as if he was being put right on the spot and embarrassed. Such a talented artist and they couldnt give him the time of day to listen to his performance... how rude ! I think the best form of respect to mika is purely to listen to his music and be greatful of it and enjoy it. ( which i do .. alot :biggrin2: )

so yeah i respect mika ... add me please :thumb_yello:

Before I start, I want to say that this post isn't to offend, insult or attack anyone but to bring balance to this discussion.

That's what I was thinking while reading this thread. I'm sorry but no matter how many interviews you watch/read or how many times you meet Mika at his performances, you don't really know him. What you see is Mika's professional face, his industry behaviour, his best behaviour. Yes, you do get insight into his personality but nowhere near enough to judge him "as a person", for better or for worse, as some people have done in this thread.

I'm sorry, he's been nice but he is not innocent. A person doesn't take off their shirt and pelvic thrust on stage, throwing the word "f*ck" into every other sentence and get called "innocent". Please don't paint an unrealistic fairytale picture of Mika, it's just as bad as unfairly painting him evil.

That said, any human being deserves a certain level of respect and that includes Mika. I believe that almost everyone on this forum already shows him that level of respect (as "a human being" not necessarily "as a person" because we don't really know what he's like as a person) without needing to add "IRM" to their name. I'm a knitter and while I'm not 100% comfortable with all of my posts in the past, I'm not going to take a single word of it back. Everyone has their own idea of where "the line" is and I don't believe that I've crossed "my" line anywhere.

In short: please be realistic.

I don't think it is unrealistic to want to respect Mika instead of objectify him. And of course none (or most) of us know him well personally but we can like what we see, and respect that.

first, i never saw him live, but ofcourse i watch every single possible video with and about him. is natural that first, love his music, cause this is what hit us in the first place. then we saw the man and i wanna underline that cause mika is a real man not a boy, not a teenage . he is a real man . a very beautiful one and of course we love him for his external beauty cause this is how we womans are, but we also love him through the eyes and reports of all of you that meet him and related us your espectations and then the real experience and feellings. and all of you said about him that he is good, kind, very carefull with his fans, he is enjoying the gifts you all meda for him and that's a face of him that we all love. im sure that the inner face is also a beauty but don't forgett that he is a human just like one of us. he can be bad, or mean or have a hard time or have a bad mood sometimes. he can be tired , sick, hungry, sleepy, bored just like any of us. but we loved him anyway right? cause it's a thread here called i don't care, about his sexual orientation, wich is a subject that also embarassing mika. but we decided that we don't care cause we love him anyway.

so, what i wanna say is that we love him for his talent, music, good looking and respect him as human and for his art no matter what.

i'm in for sure.

I don't think it is unrealistic to want to respect Mika instead of objectify him. And of course none (or most) of us know him well personally but we can like what we see, and respect that.

I didn't say that it's unrealistic to dislike objectifying him, I said that people's opinion of him should not be fairytale-like and additionally consider the fact that we don't know what he truly is "as a person". I have nothing against anyone liking and respecting the "side" of Mika that we see as long as we keep in mind that it's just that: what he chooses to show us.

I've never met him och even seen him live (but I'm going to soon :biggrin2: ) so I'm trying not to judge him or imagine how he is as a person. I've read and seen so many intervjues so after a while I started to feel like I knew him but either way I don't (yet). I feel so bad when I'm thinking of how he could have felt at the GMA.

Even we all know how attractive he is, he also appel to us in another way. Think about it, if you only thought he was superübersexy but didn't like his personality you wouldn't hang around here (or so I hope).

PLz add me!