The Official "Panic at the Disco"-thread

Zahara

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two versions of Pretty. Odd. are now available for pre-order at the FBR Webstore. You have the option between the Standard Edition of the album with an exclusive alternate green cover for $12.00 and the Deluxe Edition for $49.99. Either will get you a free download of the single "Nine in the Afternoon".

The Deluxe Edition is packaged with the following:

- Full album on Vinyl & CD

- Documentary DVD - Making of the Album

- 56-Page Triangle-Fold Booklet

- Puzzle

- Custom Gatefold Album Jacket

- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity (Out of 10,000)

- T-shirt

From Panic's myspace...

Check out the video below for a glimpse into the creation of the Deluxe Edition of Pretty.

Odd. with art director Alex Kirzhner (the designer of the Grammy-nominated box set of A

Fever You Can't Sweat Out).

The Deluxe Edition is still being designed as you watch this, but we wanted to give you a

chance to see Alex's progress with it. The Deluxe Edition will be limited to 10,000 and is

available for preorder now exclusively in The Fueled By Ramen Webstore .

The package shown in the video above is only a prototype. It is meant to show you the

progress of the Deluxe Edition not what the final product will look like. As such, please ignore

any incomplete and unfinished elements.

Since the Nine In The Afternoon video will be premiered on Sunday, February 10th at 9PM EST on MTV, MTV Buzzworthy are presenting "The Nine Days Of Panic"

It means that every day there will be a new video from the set from Nine In The Afternoon!

Day 1 Nine Days Of Panic --Day 1

Day 2 Nine Days Of Panic --Day 2

Day 3 Nine Days Of Panic --Day 3

Day 4 Nine Days Of Panic --Day 4

Day 5 Nine Days Of Panic --Day 5

The guys also interviewed each other at the Abbey Road studios in London for Sally*STV. Check it out!

Panic At The Disco at Abbey Road Studios, London

CHECK OUT THE NINE IN THE AFTERNOON VIDEO!!

DO IT!!

:biggrin2:

-- Watch the Nine In The Afternoon video here!!--

Band will shoot clip with 'Nine in the Afternoon' director.

Panic at the Disco were so pumped with how their video for "Nine in the Afternoon" turned out — you can see it for yourself on Sunday (February 10) at 9:00 p.m. ET on MTV.com — that they decided to film a whole new video the very next day.

"The day after our video premieres, we're shooting a new video," bassist Jon Walker laughed, while lounging by the pool at the Orlando, the newest entrant in Los Angeles' ongoing luxury-hotel arms race. "That's how the music industry works, boys and girls."

Indeed it is. So Panic will spend Sunday night at the Grammys, where they're nnominated in the, uh, prestigious Best Boxed or Special Limited-Edition Package category for the deluxe, phenakistoscope-enhanced version of A Fever You Can't Sweat Out they released in November 2006. ("We got one nomination, for an un-televised award," drummer Spencer Smith said. "So we're gonna clean up.") And come Monday, they'll get to work on the clip for "That Green Gentleman," teaming up once again with director Alan Ferguson.

"Yeah, we're working with good old Alan. The treatment is pretty out of this world. It has to do with those Russian [nesting] dolls that you have when you're a kid," guitarist Ryan Ross explained. "You have a big one, and you take the top off and there's a smaller one, and a smaller one. And it never ends. There's young versions of us in the video, like, us as children in the video. Us as toddlers, running around, flying kites."

"Luckily enough, when we were kids," Walker added, "we filmed the first section of this video, so we —"

"We dusted it off," Ross laughed. "Jon's mom had a bunch of old VHS tapes, from back when he was still running around, still pooping the pants."

Sounds messy, dudes! But just what does it have to do with the song? Well, much like the video for "Nine in the Afternoon," pretty much nothing. Which is sort of how the guys wanted it.

"We wrote the song together, musically and lyrically," Ross said. "I think more than 'Nine in the Afternoon,' it was more of a statement about us. Saying that things have changed. One of those feel-good songs we wrote in a few hours and liked the feeling it captured."

"It's got a real 'Master of Puppets' vibe to it," Walked joked. "It's pretty heavy."

Cool. So before you guys get all Russian-doll on us, any plans for enjoying the post-Grammy party scene?

"There's a few parties. We never really get invited to hang out at them," Ross said. "Also, who knows if [20-year-old frontman Brendon Urie] will be able to go. He doesn't like to test his luck. He only just got a fake ID from his cousin."

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this great interview at The Sauce :mf_rosetinted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDSepL4ndTU

Also, here is the European Tour Setlist

• We're So Starving

• Nine In The Afternoon

• But It's Better If You Do

• Camisado

• The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage

• That Green Gentlemen

• Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off

• I Constantly Thank God For Esteban

• She's A Handsome Woman

• I Write Sins Not Tragedies

• Build God, Then We'll Talk

Encore

• Time To Dance (Acoustic)

• Mad As Rabbits

:roftl::naughty:

Zahara! :huglove: glad to see you back dear :)

I'm glad to be back :biggrin2:

I just found out that Pretty. Odd. will most likely be released on the 21ST OF MARCH in my country! That's like 5 days before the rest of the world will be able to buy it!! Seriously, how great is that!? :biggrin2:

I really really really hope it turns out to be true! :mf_rosetinted: I WANT IT!

I'm glad to be back :biggrin2:

I just found out that Pretty. Odd. will most likely be released on the 21ST OF MARCH in my country! That's like 5 days before the rest of the world will be able to buy it!! Seriously, how great is that!? :biggrin2:

I really really really hope it turns out to be true! :mf_rosetinted: I WANT IT!

wow! that's a bit of luck eh? :naughty: