V Festival Preview - THE SUN (17/8/07)

CazGirl

(Article, page 53...)

One thing that has stayed the same about the British summer for the past 11 years.

This weekend's V Festival returns like an old friend, held simultaneously at Weston Park, Staffordshire, and Hylands Park, Chelmsford.

Despite its reputation as the least hardcore of all the festivals, V showcases rock, pop, dance and hip-hop, uniting established bands such as The Killers, Kasabian, Snow Patrol and the Foo Fighters with upcoming artists.

Newcomers The Hoosiers make their V debut in the Virgin Mobile Union, having carved a strong fanbase after their hit Worried About Ray (never heard of it myself lol)

They share the stage with The Holloways, whose re-released single Generator has finally catapulted them into the spotlight.

V also welcomes Unklejam, whose brilliant hit What Am I Fighting For? showcases their mix of electro and soul.

Mutya Buena follows in the footsteps of pop solo stars Natasha Bedingfield and KT Tunstall.

Mika will urge you to relax and take it easy in what will no doubt be a colourful performance.

Then there's McFly; not my bag, but it proves the festival is a family affair (ouch, a little bit methinks?).

Mark Ronson will be a highlight on the C4 stage. Infectious single Stop Me proved covers can be cool and fans will be eager to see if Lily Allen (also on this stage) will join him to play Oh My God.

This collaboration could be one of the defining festival performances.

For me, this can only be topped by Kanye West, here to inject Stateside Pizzazz.

Expect a set to rival that of Scissor Sisters in 2005. His new album will give fans the fresh music they're after, in contrast to other headliners The Kooks and Basement Jaxx, whose lack of recent releases means their sets risk sounding stale.

Fancesca Shanahan.

It doesnt say much about Mika but hey, at least he's in there! :punk:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for posting :thumb_yello: nah i dont like mcfly either ... i prefer busted :naughty:

so do i lol! i work in a cinema in essex, and I served James Bourne :naughty:

he bought a J20 and gave me the right change, and he saw Borat LOL xDD

so do i lol! i work in a cinema in essex, and I served James Bourne :naughty:

he bought a J20 and gave me the right change, and he saw Borat LOL xDD

Haha that your claim to fame?

McFly nearly ran me over....

seriously

Found that too

so no live coverage

apparently not O.o

im not fussed, i have work soon so i woulda missed it LOL xD

but babs is gonna record the highlights tonight which is good, coz i dont finish work till 11:30 and it takes half hour to get home lol