Is Mika from Planet Earth? (review Lowlands)

Blue

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I heard Relax, take it easy live from Lowland on the programm Nachtegiel on 3FM. I do have this only on DVD.

Markus

They showed some footage taken with a phonecam aswell didn't they?

Giel loves Mika. :biggrin2:

Thank you for the translation!

But of course Mika isn't from Planet Earth...he is form Planet Mika

:naughty: I agree! He's completely different to anything I've heard before. And I love him for that!

Thank you very much for your effort, Diana and Blue! It was worth the hard work, you can be sure. :thumb_yello:

Diana, you're my hero! :thumb_yello:

Aww <3

There was a short review in the 'Haagsche Courant' (local paper) and picture:

haagschecourant1.jpg

The British-Lebanese glamrocker Mika; nicely pompous and hyperactive.

haagschecourant2.jpg

And ofcourse, the translation:

Mika: column of kitsch, confetti and bunnies

Highlight. Camp is back! Rarely have we witnessed such an amusing column of kitsch, confetti and two lip synching mega-bunnies. Mika had the momentum on friday and bacame the star of the festival. The British-Lebanese glamrocker proved to be more than an airbubble of splashing gold. He's only 24, but already a captivating entertainer who did justice to the many Freddie Mercury comparisons. Pompous and hyperactive, he pranced across the stage. Remarkable: Live Mika sings even higher than on his album.

Aww <3

There was a short review in the 'Haagsche Courant' (local paper) and picture:

haagschecourant1.jpg

The British-Lebanese glamrocker Mika; nicely pompous and hyperactive.

haagschecourant2.jpg

And ofcourse, the translation:

Mika: column of kitsch, confetti and bunnies

Highlight. Camp is back! Rarely have we witnessed such an amusing column of kitsch, confetti and two lip synching mega-bunnies. Mika had the momentum on friday and bacame the star of the festival. The British-Lebanese glamrocker proved to be more than an airbubble of splashing gold. He's only 24, but already a captivating entertainer who did justice to the many Freddie Mercury comparisons. Pompous and hyperactive, he pranced across the stage. Remarkable: Live Mika sings even higher than on his album.

Thanks for sharing Diana! That was a nice little write up! They think he's doing justice to his Freddie comparisons...yay! And I love the line "Pompous and hyperactive, he pranced across the stage." That makes me giggle :)

Hehe, when I went to see Mika in Birmingham in May I already described him als 'my favourite hyperactive' (hyperactiefje in Dutch). I think the Haagsche Courant is so right with that description! :roftl: :roftl:

There is a Lowlands special on the Volkskrant website, but I haven't found anything about Mika yet (the main article - 'The Arcade Fire...' - is also in the paper edition of the VK today): http://www.volkskrant.nl/achtergrond/kunst/lowlands2007/