MikaSense: Like SpideySense, but better!

artsyfartsy17

It's happened to a lot of us: you're sitting at home, and get a funny feeling, maybe a yearning to hear Mika, and you turn on the radio, only to discover that Mika is being played right at that moment. Or perhaps you appear to have developed selective supernatural hearing, because Mika plays on the tv in another room, or another floor of your house, and you hear it clearly, through the walls and closed doors. If you've had an experience like this, then you, my friend, have developed MikaSense. You've become so attuned to Mika's music that you can distinguish the lightest strains of Relax or Big Girl through a racket of other sounds. You just seem to "know" when Love Today or Grace Kelly is played on the radio. Don't be worried about your new-found talent. It's a gift. If you possess MikaSense, share your experiences here.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's happened to a lot of us: you're sitting at home, and get a funny feeling, maybe a yearning to hear Mika, and you turn on the radio, only to discover that Mika is being played right at that moment. Or perhaps you appear to have developed selective supernatural hearing, because Mika plays on the tv in another room, or another floor of your house, and you hear it clearly, through the walls and closed doors. If you've had an experience like this, then you, my friend, have developed MikaSense. You've become so attuned to Mika's music that you can distinguish the lightest strains of Relax or Big Girl through a racket of other sounds. You just seem to "know" when Love Today or Grace Kelly is played on the radio. Don't be worried about your new-found talent. It's a gift. If you possess MikaSense, share your experiences here.

:lmfao:

I like the introduction. and title. "Like Spidey-Sense but better" :naughty:

I've been good at this. I can hear "hey betty, you are beautiful!" from a mile away.

And i always turn it to channel 10 (ABC) at just the right time.:biggrin2:

I am completely the opposite! I always miss Mika whenever he's on. Today on America's got talent was the first time I ever heard him on TV. And I've only seen the Ugly Betty commercial once because I left it on ABC all day

Weirdos, like freaks, only better!

Have you ever had the feeling that you have a supernatural gift, which tells you when Mika is being played in another room? Are you a compulsive thread-poster on the Mika Fan Club, or as his fans adoringly call it, the MFC? Are you convinced Mika is sending you SUPAH SECRET brainwaves, telling you when to turn on the tele and listen to 'Hey Betty, You are Beautiful'

If so, then you might be a weirdo. Embrace it! And share your experiences here!:wink2:

(Kidding, I love you.)

Weirdos, like freaks, only better!

Have you ever had the feeling that you have a supernatural gift, which tells you when Mika is being played in another room? Are you a compulsive thread-poster on the Mika Fan Club, or as his fans adoringly call it, the MFC? Are you convinced Mika is sending you SUPAH SECRET brainwaves, telling you when to turn on the tele and listen to 'Hey Betty, You are Beautiful'

If so, then you might be a weirdo. Embrace it! And share your experiences here!:wink2:

(Kidding, I love you.)

i'm a weirdo and proud.:mf_rosetinted:

Oh that's the worst! I hate when that happens! But I NEVER turn the radio on anyway...

I know i hate it! :thumbdown: even though i could just easily listen to it on my mika album, I always like hearing it on the radio! its special, i dunno why! i guess its cos you know that there are thousands of others listening to it and feeling the mika love at the same time! :naughty:

I know i hate it! :thumbdown: even though i could just easily listen to it on my mika album, I always like hearing it on the radio! its special, i dunno why! i guess its cos you know that there are thousands of others listening to it and feeling the mika love at the same time! :naughty:

Exactly! Although that doesn't happen much in the US, hearing it on the radio or on TV is just so special :)

Exactly! Although that doesn't happen much in the US, hearing it on the radio or on TV is just so special :)

aaah yes! it'd be even more special in the US! ... im getting emotional now for some reason...:bleh: the thought of speading Mika's talent to wide audiences of ppl i guess!

aaah yes! it'd be even more special in the US! ... im getting emotional now for some reason...:bleh: the thought of speading Mika's talent to wide audiences of ppl i guess!

The thought of spreading Mika's music to the masses is very exciting! :biggrin2:

Happens to me all the time.

Mika follows me in nearly every shop I go into. Every time I turn the radio on or up at work his songs come on. Other people I know have commented on it if they are with me at the time.

I am jealous. :bleh:

OMG thats so damn right happend to me EVERYTIME !!!

I don't have the Mika sense :sad:

I turned on the radio today and when the song ended the DJ said that they had just played Mika-Love Today before that :tears::thumbdown:

Maybe that's a sign that you're developing MikaSense! You're getting closer, the timing was just a bit off!:roftl: I believe that anyone who's as Mikacrazy as us inevitably develops MikaSense, whether they like it or not.

Maybe that's a sign that you're developing MikaSense! You're getting closer, the timing was just a bit off!:roftl: I believe that anyone who's as Mikacrazy as us inevitably develops MikaSense, whether they like it or not.

yeaahh! that makes sense! im getting close! :biggrin2: woohoo!

thank you artsy, i now have new found hope! :thumb_yello:

I've got something similar: I had to go to the dentist two weeks ago, in agony! I laid in the chair, waiting for the dentist to come in and there was Grace Kelly on the radio! It made me feel a whole lot better!

Last friday, as a result of the aching jaw I had to go to the hospital to stay there for four days. I was there on my own and still with a lot of pain, I switched on the radio for the six o'Clock news and after that I turned it of because I didn't want to listen to the commercials. After five minutes or so I turned on the radio again and there was Relax (Take it Easy)! I took Mika's advice quite seriously and started to feel a bit better already!:thumb_yello:

Mika follows me in nearly every shop I go into. Every time I turn the radio on or up at work his songs come on. Other people I know have commented on it if they are with me at the time.

That happens to me,too!:shocked:

Every where I go I hear his music played ,especially Relax(take it easy)!Even when I wake up I turn on the radio and there it is mika!

I think I might have a little bit of MikaSense. The other day, just as I walked into a shop, Love Today started playing on the radio. And a couple of days ago, I turned on the tv in time just to see a bit of the Love Today video.

I kinda do! Sometimes I'll go into a shop because I feel I have to and Mika is on, and I've heard in from a radio in the back of a fast food shop twice lol (and it was there cos my sister heard it too :biggrin2:)