Mika Mail 2 - Secret Santa

Should MM2 parcels be opened before Christmas Day?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Should MM2 parcels be opened before Christmas Day?

• Ofcourse they blooming should i want to see whats in it!
    • I vote yes even though im not a MMer - let them have their presents.
    • I vote no even though im not an MMer - presents are for Christmas only.
    • No way - Its a secret santa - santa doesnt come in November or early December

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest List Update:

1) Pinkunicorn123 S, R

2) Kata R (sending soon)

3) Freddiesdouble S , R

4) Hunnyangel S , R

5) Cassiopee S , R

6) Backflip_76 S

7) Tomomi S

8) RAK1 (Sending Soon) , R

9) Rosinakiwi S

10) LittleTechieShelina S

11) Bexxy S , R

12) Tia R

13) Bellatrix S , R

14) Jolene S, R

15) Lilmot S , R

16) Becky Left Project

17) Elanorelle (Sending Soon) , R

18) ThatRadFreak S , R

19) Sarah_loves_mika S, R

20) EnFa Left Project

21) Carly S , R

22) Diana S

23) Lindemfc S , R

24) Heineken22 S , R

25) Babspanky Is useless! (Sending Soon)

26) Norwalk174 S

27) Blue sky S

28) Mellody

29) SoFi_89 S

30) Karolin’ S , R

31) Buni_Suit_classix

32) MikaRMS S , R

33) Lollipop_monkey S

34) Lunafish S

35) sirilaventurier S , R

36) M9gga S , R

37) Big Girl S , R

Sent: 28

Recieved: 22

To be sent: 4

So are there only 6 missing?

I haven't....:sad:

Me neither, I've given up hope.

I havent received anything either..

Me neither. :thumbdown:

I really don't think I'm going to do this next Christmas. :no:

:shocked: :shocked: 6 people?!?!?!?! :shocked: :shocked:

Im not doing this next christmas! Im pretty sure its not coming, since its almost autumn here and 2 months into 2008 im guessing its sitting at the bottom of the sea somewhere, at best!

Im not doing this next christmas! Im pretty sure its not coming, since its almost autumn here and 2 months into 2008 im guessing its sitting at the bottom of the sea somewhere, at best!

It is coming, your santa had financial troubles, so the parcel is ready, just cant be posted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Rosina, I didn't receive anything either.

I guess when you join a project like this, you have to rely on everyone to keep their promise.. It saddens me that some haven't been able to do that.

Sorry about that, i was in contact with your santa Rosinakiwi and they were having financial trouble, then again, everyone does after christmas - they promised they would send it but i guess not.

It looks like we have learnt alot of lessons.

For the project to work in theory and the idea to stick, there were bound to be some problems.

Some of the factors that came into it were as follows:

1) My total lack of organisation - (see point 8 also)

2) My illness and break from the mfc in January

3) Labeling of packages (atleast 2 to my knowledge ended up being sent back to the return address since the destination address was not clear enough)

4) Return addresses - Several people confessed to me AFTER sending that they forgot to include return addresses, i know 1 of these items did not arrive at it's destination.

5) Financial problems - i think alot of us underestimated the cost of sending items and buying them, depending on how mad we went.

6) Christmas closures - Several parcels did not make it to their destinations in time. I realise most people did check their local closing dates, however some failed to check the closing dates at their parcel's destination and therefore they arrived late.

7) Good will - the problem with this project is that it relies on the good will of their santa's to actually go through with the project. That and the good will of those at the post offices not stealing items - there is a HUGE problem with that in some countries.

8) People dropping out or changing - Several people left the project or changed their destination, this caused problems with the plan.

All in all it seems the fact that the project didn't work for some, has taken over the fact that it did for others.

For those who DO wish to take part again this year, it looks like alot of changes will have to be made to the plan and i will be taking a lot more care as to how much attention i keep on each package and will be requesting (like with the travelling bear project) that everyone tells me when each parcel is sent or recieved at the time, not afterwards.

Appologies once again for those of you who did not recieve parcels.