Official Mika Christmas Project Thread

Hannah

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emm, sorry, could someone please tell me the exact time when my line starts and ends? I am the first one and I'm not completely sure and I just want to get it right. ;)

Your line begins at 00:43 and ends at 00:48 :thumb_yello:

Oh, and I forgot to add:

If anyone would like to join elanorelle in the "Merry Christmas everyone! Merry Christmas" right before the last verse, please record yourself saying that and I will add you all in and overlap your voices like you're all saying it together. :)

Oh, and I forgot to add:

If anyone would like to join elanorelle in the "Merry Christmas everyone! Merry Christmas" right before the last verse, please record yourself saying that and I will add you all in and overlap your voices like you're all saying it together. :)

You just can't see me actually FINISHED with this thing, can you?

As soon as I'm done, you push and push and push for more!

That's because I love you, Sarie! :D

:naughty: I got your recording and it fits nicely! :)

Even though I sound like vomit, at least I got it done.

*cough*slavedriver*cough*

Instead of saying "Happy Christmas, I'm ??? from the ???" at the beginning, we could also just say "Happy christmas" in our native language... just a thought (as we are about 20 different countries.. I'm momentarily trying to fill in the Guiness-form - I'll let you know when I'm finished).

Instead of saying "Happy Christmas, I'm ??? from the ???" at the beginning, we could also just say "Happy christmas" in our native language... just a thought (as we are about 20 different countries.. I'm momentarily trying to fill in the Guiness-form - I'll let you know when I'm finished).

:original: I was planning on putting the little introduction thing after the song itself sort of like "credits" to the song. :D You don't have to say all of the "Happy Christmas I'm ??? from ???" or anything. You can say whatever you want in whatever language you want, just as long as it's 5-6 seconds. :)

And...I think people *looks at Sarie* might kill me if I add in anything else. :roftl:

It's a really cool idea, though. :thumb_yello:

:original: I was planning on putting the little introduction thing after the song itself sort of like "credits" to the song. :D You don't have to say all of the "Happy Christmas I'm ??? from ???" or anything. You can say whatever you want in whatever language you want, just as long as it's 5-6 seconds. :)

And...I think people *looks at Sarie* might kill me if I add in anything else. :roftl:

My good friend and I will protect you with all our power...

unbenanntxx3.png

I tried to compile what I found in the thread (I actually just took what Kavi wrote :naughty:) Thanks to all those who helped!!! :blush-anim-cl:

The Netherlands

Latvia

England

Wales

Trinidad

The United States of America

Canada

Argentinia

Norway

France

China

Spain

Austria

Sweden

Poland

Estonia

Malaysia

Germany

Switzerland

Italy :italia:

Record title:

"Most people or countries to record a song via the internet"

or

"Song compilation by the most amount of international fans for a singer/songwriter via the internet"

We at the MFC (http://www.Mikafanclub.com) are loyal supporters of a singer/songwriter called Mika. We are not an organisation but a random group of people from all over the world.

At MFC we partake in many things, one of which is this. A member of the MFC, Hannah, came up with the idea to make him a Christmas song, along the lines of "The Twelve Days of Christmas", which would be presented to him in December. There are 101 people from at least 20 different countries and everyone of us is recording their voice part individually at home. Finally, these song fragments are sent to Hannah for compilation and editing.

We think that there is no project like this in the world that has ever involved such a huge number of people from different countries and thus it deserves entering the Guiness Book of World Records.

I'm generally not sure about the things that written in red italics.

1) We have (if I remember correctly) 7,000 characters (much more than our signatures :tears:) and this text is much shorter. What is missing? What else belongs in there?

2) Shall we write "at least"? I think we are 'at least' 19 but there might be one or two (at least...) who haven't told us about their location yet.

3) I'm not sure about the "their" because I'm not a native speaker.

4) I don't (repeat: DON'T) like that last sentence (it's mine.. not Kavi's). It's late and my English is going downhill... :thumbdown: Moreover, I'm not sure if this sentence expresses what we really want to say.

5) What title do you favour?

I tried to compile what I found in the thread (I actually just took what Kavi wrote :naughty:) Thanks to all those who helped!!!

The Netherlands

Latvia

England

Wales

Canada

Argentinia

Norway

France

China

Spain

Austria

Sweden

Poland

Estonia

Malaysia

Germany

Switzerland

Record title:

or

"Song compilation by the most amount of international fans for a singer/songwriter via the internet"

We at the MFC (http://www.Mikafanclub.com) are loyal supporters of a singer/songwriter called Mika. We are not an organisation but a random group of people from all over the world.

At MFC we partake in many things, one of which is this. A member of the MFC, Hannah, came up with the idea to make him a Christmas song, along the lines of "The Twelve Days of Christmas", which would be presented to him in December. There are 101 people from at least 20 different countries and everyone of us is recording their voice part individually at home. Finally, these song fragments are sent to Hannah for compilation and editing.

We think that there is no project like this in the world that has ever involved such a huge number of people from different countries and thus it deserves entering the Guiness Book of World Records.

1) We have (if I remember correctly) 7,000 characters (much more than our signatures :tears:) and this text is much shorter. What is missing? What else belongs in there?

2) Shall we write "at least"? I think we are 'at least' 19 but there might be one or two (at least...) who haven't told us about their location yet.

4) I don't (repeat: DON'T) like that last sentence (it's mine.. not Kavi's). It's late and my English is going downhill... :thumbdown: Moreover, I'm not sure if this sentence expresses what we really want to say.

:naughty: You missed Trinidad :naughty::biggrin2:

I tried to compile what I found in the thread (I actually just took what Kavi wrote :naughty:) Thanks to all those who helped!!! :blush-anim-cl:

The Netherlands

Latvia

England

Wales

Trinidad

Canada

Argentinia

Norway

France

China

Spain

Austria

Sweden

Poland

Estonia

Malaysia

Germany

Switzerland

Record title:

or

Well, I really think that it sounds very good...

I'm really on the fence with the "at least"...I mean it sounds good and bad...it sounds bad since it makes us sound unsure of our accomplishment, but it's good since it leaves room for those we missed...

I would use "our" instead of "their" since you used the word "us" previously in the sentence, and is what would sound better.

The last sentence is a little shady...we want to have a real stinger at the end that really hits them hard...saying that we deserve it sounds confident, but maybe a little too confident...it may need some work...

And titles...I think the first one sounds a little more official, but we could include the fact that we did it for a singer...

Oh man, I'm so excited, i really hope this all can work out!!:biggrin2:

The Netherlands

Latvia

England

Wales

Trinidad

Canada

Argentinia

Norway

France

China

Spain

Austria

Sweden

Poland

Estonia

Malaysia

Germany

Switzerland

Record title:

or

I hope we get in! I think it's good... I'm tired and can't think straight, so I dunno what you could change... sounds good though!

Hannah, I'm like THIS CLOSE to punching you in the face. Then you'll be the ghost of Christmas "I got punched in the nose for adding too many things to this song"... ghost.

Would you like that?!