She's taking it too far!

Droopsy

That's complete craziness. They're two completely different genres, likely appealing to two completely different demographics. I'm not intimately familiar with Belgian law, obviously, but given that Mika is actually Mika P's name, theoretically that should offer him some measure of protection.

Apart from that, the big kicker is that our Mika is making quite a decent chunk of change for Universal these days, and frankly, having the "big guns" on his side is clearly to his advantage. It reminds me of a case I heard about where an American by the name of Mike Roe wanted to capitalize on his name by starting a software company called Mike Roe Soft - get it, Microsoft? And of course, the *real* Microsoft completely shot him down and basically steamrolled him.

However, this whiny little whatever-you-wanna-call-her might stand to gain financially from this, which in my mind is absurd.

What's she gonna do, ban all sales of "Lollipop" because they say "Yo, Mika"?? :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I YouTube Mika I get the real MIKA, lots of the Japanese singer, loads of Mika Hakkinen, some other stuff, but NEVER this Belgian woman. Who hasn't 'made it' yet so should be grateful that someone has picked up her sad story.

Same here! I've never heard of this Belgian. I hope she gets nothing from our Mika! :sneaky2:

I never heard from her either and I'm Belgian

so.... that says enough:wink2:

I think it's rubbish to sue Mika because his name is Mika:sneaky2:

so now I'm hoping that he wins a Belgian TMF award:naughty:

just to rub in "real" mika her face :wink2:

I like her hair :sneaky2: It's cool.

I found out that someone has my name at my school. Im gonna sue her!

Damn nobody at my school has the same name. I'm gonna sue myself:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

I know two people with same first and last name...4 boys with same first name (who goes to the same school), 5 girls with first name 'Jennifer' and two other girls with the same name as mine :mf_rosetinted:

Oh. And this person who happened to have the same first AND last name as me who told me to stop pretending i was them when i have never met them before...

['And frankly I don’t care. When those Brits chose the name Mika, they should have known that it was already been used. Just a quick browse on the internet and they would have known it.[/font][/size]

:lol3: i've never even heard of her before and back in january when i would search for mika the only thing that would come up is mika nakashima never a reggae singer

she's not getting gigs anymore because noone likes her not because of the name.. she just needs to relize that the REAL mika is just better than her

i think jealousy is obviousely involved:mf_rosetinted: