mika in Q magazine music awards

greta

Killers, Arctic Monkeys rule Q Award nominations

Amy Winehouse and Kate Nash also in the running

By: News Desk

It's three nominations each for The Killers and the Arctic Monkeys at this year's Q magazine music awards.

Going head to head in the best act in the world category, the Vagas four-piece and the Sheffield five-piece will face The Foo Fighters, Muse and U2.

Amy Winehouse is up for Best album for "Back To Black", taking on the Kaiser Chiefs "Yours Truly, Angry Mob", Arcade Fire's "Neon Bible", Manic Street Preachers' "Send Away The Tigers" and Arctic Monkeys "Favourite Worst Nightmare".

Meanwhile Kate Nash got the nod in the Best Breakthrough Act category, alongside with Mika, Jack Penate, Jamie T and Calvin Harris.

The awards show will take place on October 8th, with magazine readers deciding the winners of most categories.

http://www.soundgenerator.com/viewArticle.cfm?ArticleID=18016

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woop! voting :biggrin2: as much as i can :biggrin2:

mika is nominated in other stuff too, i'm so happy..it's like here and in the states mika is almost non existant....i spend like half my life just voting 4 mika hehe cause in the other ones where he's nominated u can vote every 10 mins and from diff countries :naughty: and now this one :naughty::thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it would be a good time to bump this thread, seeing as it is on this Monday, and votiing is still open.

One interesting thing I have noticed is on the Q music channel, they don't appear to be showing it on Monday, which I thought they would as it's their awards You would have assumed that they would at least have programmes throughout the aftenoon, as it's on during the day, with progress reports and talking to the winners. But no, nothing!

I checked through the week up next Thursday, Sky listings only go as far as a week, and not a sausage. So I guess they are going to show it over the weekend, by which time we'll know the winners, so we can decide to watch or not, depending on the outcome.

But I have every confidence Mika will win, I have a REALLY good feeling.

I thought it would be a good time to bump this thread, seeing as it is on this Monday, and votiing is still open.

One interesting thing I have noticed is on the Q music channel, they don't appear to be showing it on Monday, which I thought they would as it's their awards You would have assumed that they would at least have programmes throughout the aftenoon, as it's on during the day, with progress reports and talking to the winners. But no, nothing!

I checked through the week up next Thursday, Sky listings only go as far as a week, and not a sausage. So I guess they are going to show it over the weekend, by which time we'll know the winners, so we can decide to watch or not, depending on the outcome.

But I have every confidence Mika will win, I have a REALLY good feeling.

{:doh:how I could forget..}

thank u:thumb_yello:

VOTE HERE http://www.qawards.co.uk/qawards/

ITS TOMORROW GUYS, I think Edith Bowman is reporting live from 1.00p.m from the awards to keep everyone updated? Anyone know if its being televised?

XXXX

It's not on mainstream tv, and it doesn't seem to be on Qs own music channel either, which is odd.

I'll be listening to Ediths show eagerly tomorrow, as she isn't a big Mika fan, should be interesting to see wht her reaction will be if he wins.

Killers, Arctic Monkeys rule Q Award nominations

Amy Winehouse and Kate Nash also in the running

By: News Desk

It's three nominations each for The Killers and the Arctic Monkeys at this year's Q magazine music awards.

Going head to head in the best act in the world category, the Vagas four-piece and the Sheffield five-piece will face The Foo Fighters, Muse and U2.

Amy Winehouse is up for Best album for "Back To Black", taking on the Kaiser Chiefs "Yours Truly, Angry Mob", Arcade Fire's "Neon Bible", Manic Street Preachers' "Send Away The Tigers" and Arctic Monkeys "Favourite Worst Nightmare".

Meanwhile Kate Nash got the nod in the Best Breakthrough Act category, alongside with Mika, Jack Penate, Jamie T and Calvin Harris.

The awards show will take place on October 8th, with magazine readers deciding the winners of most categories.

http://www.soundgenerator.com/viewArticle.cfm?ArticleID=18016

REMINDER FROM QUEEN OF HEARTS:

OUTCOME IS IN YOUR HANDS....

http://www.classicmagic.net/tricks/68-2.jpg