help with homework??

hunnyangel

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ma meilleure amie

Ma meilleure amie est très gentille et sympa; elle écoute les problèmes de ses amis et elle n’embête personne. Elle n’est pas pessimiste et elle ("elle" is not mandatory here; it sounds better without, though it's correct if you let it) est contente tout le temps. Elle aime passer le week-end avec moi et les (ou "d'autres") autres filles de notre école. Et moi, j’aime passer du temps avec elle parce qu’elle est très drôle et qu'elle raconte toujours des blagues.

Normalement (ou "d'habitude" ou "génralement") , nous allons au club où nous jouons au tennis ou au basket et quelquefois, nous faisons de l’équitation ensemble. Nous faisons nos devoirs ensemble et nous étudions pour l'examen ensemble. Quand nous travaillons, elle est sérieuse, mais elle n’est jamais (not "jaimais pas") ennuyeuse.

When you use "n'est jamais", don't put "pas". It's either "n'est pas" or "n'est jamais" but never "n'est jamais pas" (the latter is not correct)

"Tous" with an "s" is exclusively for plural. Otherwise it's with a "t"

Here you are!

Don't hesitate if you have any other question. Or if you want to send it by mail it's ok too (you will find my address in my profile, I assume) or by PM or you can keep on posting here... Anything you want! ;)

I used to teach English at a very basic level (for pupils who had failed for their English exam during their first year at secundary school). So it was just: here you put present simple or there present continuous... But I never taught French! hi hi Love it!

"See" ya!

Isa

Voilou j'espere que ca va t'aider :wink2:

yay:roftl: , i get two corrections. Thank you amalthea and cubitus, i really appreciate you using your time to help me. It's not really homoework, it's a french exam i'm revising for, but my homework is to revise, so i guess it's homework.

yay:roftl: , i get two corrections. Thank you amalthea and cubitus, i really appreciate you using your time to help me. It's not really homoework, it's a french exam i'm revising for, but my homework is to revise, so i guess it's homework.

All the same really...i'm sure you'll have an excellent grade :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO SIGNIFICANT FIGURES!!!??? FOR CHEMISTRY!!!

pleasee? haha i have a chem test tomorrow and i dont get dimensional analysis or significant figures. Even tho theres only 5 problems on those and the rest are multiple choice. But still!!! can someone help me study?

There is a little bit in the column of my text book:

significant figures

This is to remind you to give your answers to all calculations to a degree of accuracy which is consistent with your apparatus and data given. If you have to determine how much solution to run out from a burette the answer can only be to the accuracy of the burette. Your calculator may read 22.7134 mL, after doing the calculations, but your answer has to be to 22.7 (3 sig figs).

Just some random stuff i can remember about them:

-Increase in amount of numbers, eg 4 sig figs /3 sig figs increases the level of accuracy, so 10.9 (3 s.f.) is more accurate than 11 (2 s.f.)

-From personal experiece; DONT ROUND TOO EARLY, i have lost marks from doing that, and you can only give ure answer witht the same amount of sig figs that the data given/collected has.

-In numbers less than zero the zeroes after the decimal point are not significant, if in doubt convert to scientific form (0.00217 = 2.17 X 10^-3)

I hope that has helped, Good luck for your test!

oh u get multiple choice, lucky u, what a coincidence i just started studying chem now, ill have a look through my text book and try and help u with the sig figs sorry i cant help with dimentional analysis :(

There is a little bit in the column of my text book:

significant figures

This is to remind you to give your answers to all calculations to a degree of accuracy which is consistent with your apparatus and data given. If you have to determine how much solution to run out from a burette the answer can only be to the accuracy of the burette. Your calculator may read 22.7134 mL, after doing the calculations, but your answer has to be to 22.7 (3 sig figs).

Just some random stuff i can remember about them:

-Increase in amount of numbers, eg 4 sig figs /3 sig figs increases the level of accuracy, so 10.9 (3 s.f.) is more accurate than 11 (2 s.f.)

-From personal experiece; DONT ROUND TOO EARLY, i have lost marks from doing that, and you can only give ure answer witht the same amount of sig figs that the data given/collected has.

-In numbers less than zero the zeroes after the decimal point are not significant, if in doubt convert to scientific form (0.00217 = 2.17 X 10^-3)

I hope that has helped, Good luck for your test!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!! thank you thank you thank you!!! ♥♥♥

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!! thank you thank you thank you!!! ♥♥♥

I already did sig figs haha, I still don't really understand it though. Wait til you get to ionic compounds, I actually understand it though, but its confusing.

I already did sig figs haha, I still don't really understand it though. Wait til you get to ionic compounds, I actually understand it though, but its confusing.

sig figs is soo hard!! and dimensional analysis!!!

We had 2 quizzes. on the first one i got 5 right out of 16.

on the 2nd quiz, i got all of them wrong.

Im so horrible at chemistry. its so hard.

I hope i do good on the test tomorrow. o well...

wats up? how are you?

wats up? how are you?

I took a test that I had to make up and I totally forgot how to find the number of neutrons hahaha. I was like "SH*TTTTT"

wats up? how are you?

You'll get used to sig figs. Last year in chem I hated it, but after a while you kinda get the hang of the whole sig fig deal. I have a chemistry quiz tomorrow and it's going to be soooo hard! I don't understand ANY OF IT!!! Can some one help me with double replacement reactions and redox??????

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

oh that is good, hopefully i helped, actually it helped me lol. if anyone else has chem questions, feel free!

oh yeah, i have no idea about why they bond covalently and stuff. guh!

but i just did really well on a test about photochemical smog, water treatment and silicates :) besides that i was either failing or only just scraping a pass, it made a nice change

oh that is good, hopefully i helped, actually it helped me lol. if anyone else has chem questions, feel free!

oh yeah, i have no idea about why they bond covalently and stuff. guh!

but i just did really well on a test about photochemical smog, water treatment and silicates :) besides that i was either failing or only just scraping a pass, it made a nice change

Whoa I've never learned about photochemical smog and I'm in my third year of chem!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't actually need help but I worte this essay with a friend,I wnat to know if ti makes sense ! I know the story is a bit odd,but I didn't have the idea for the dog,my friend had (well,then I wanted to put a chicken instead,but she didn't want to) but i did put something else evne if she didn't understand why I wanted to put it so bad and why I laughed so bad !

so it's a sequel,here it goes (tell me if there's a mistake !) :

“It’s me Papa,I’m home now.”

“Nandira !At least!Where were you gone?”

“I know about Mma Ramotswe.I talked to her and she told me everything.How dare you hire a detective to follow me ?If only you could let me live my life !”

“But we were worried about you ! We only want the best for our only daughter !”

“Well,I’m a grown-up now ! I can take care of my own and chose what’s good for me !”

“But...”

“I’m not a baby anymore !"

Nandira’s parents had never seen their daughter as furious as now but she couldn’t understand them.She only wanted freedom after all.The young woman sighed and sat on chair,thinking about what she was going to say.She was fed up with lying to people.In fact,when she met Mma Ramotswe,she didn’t tell her everything,as she was ashamed of her situation.Now,she had to tell them about Jack, the real Jack.

“I know that you want to protect me but Jack can.He’s very ferocious !”

The mother who was knitting ,stopped and was even more worried.She asked Nandira :

“What are you doing with him ?”

“It’s non of your buisness,but if you really want to know,well...

We like walking together.When he’s happy,I am allowed not to tie him up.He’s so cute when I run after him.”

“Run after him ? Where was he raised ? In the streets ?”

“Well,actually,I met him in our street corner.He was weak and sick so I had to bring him to the vet.Since then,we are madly in love with each other.”

“You brought your boyfriend to the vet ?

“No,not my boyfriend,Jack.My dog!”

I don't actually need help but I worte this essay with a friend,I wnat to know if ti makes sense ! I know the story is a bit odd,but I didn't have the idea for the dog,my friend had (well,then I wanted to put a chicken instead,but she didn't want to) but i did put something else evne if she didn't understand why I wanted to put it so bad and why I laughed so bad !

so it's a sequel,here it goes (tell me if there's a mistake !) :

“It’s me Papa,I’m home now.”

“Nandira !At least!Where were you gone?”

“I know about Mma Ramotswe.I talked to her and she told me everything.How dare you hire a detective to follow me ?If only you could let me live my life !”

“But we were worried about you ! We only want the best for our only daughter !”

“Well,I’m a grown-up now ! I can take care of my own and chose what’s good for me !”

“But...”

“I’m not a baby anymore !"

Nandira’s parents had never seen their daughter as furious as now but she couldn’t understand them.She only wanted freedom after all.The young woman sighed and sat on chair,thinking about what she was going to say.She was fed up with lying to people.In fact,when she met Mma Ramotswe,she didn’t tell her everything,as she was ashamed of her situation.Now,she had to tell them about Jack, the real Jack.

“I know that you want to protect me but Jack can.He’s very ferocious !”

The mother who was knitting ,stopped and was even more worried.She asked Nandira :

“What are you doing with him ?”

“It’s non of your buisness,but if you really want to know,well...

We like walking together.When he’s happy,I am allowed not to tie him up.He’s so cute when I run after him.”

“Run after him ? Where was he raised ? In the streets ?”

“Well,actually,I met him in our street corner.He was weak and sick so I had to bring him to the vet.Since then,we are madly in love with each other.”

“You brought your boyfriend to the vet ?

“No,not my boyfriend,Jack.My dog!”

is she dating her dog? anways, it's all good. Choose has two o's though :wink2: (it's in the 8th line)

• 3 weeks later...
ok so it's obvious that practically all MFCers have gone back to school getting homework/ coursework what ever.

i also noticed we seem to have a few teachers as well.

so my idea was that maybe we could write here any problems we have on our homework, and then others can help explain and stuff, coz we are, lets face it, always here!!

if it's a bad idea, then mods please close the thread

hunny

xoxox

Good idea... though I'm not sure how much help I can be, I teach primary school (5 year old to 12 year old)...

Can't help you with physics...but I'm in AP English hhahhaha I doubt I can help though. :naughty:

I am too! ::high fives::

I have to write an essay based on a critique from the Scarlett Letter.

Shouldn't be too bad, I'm just a big procrastinator.