Rainbow Sky

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckenbooth

luckebooth.gif

The Luckenbooth is a Scottish symbol of love, dating back to the 17th century and often given as a token of betrothal, affection and friendship. It is usually in the shape of a heart or two entwined hearts, symbolizing love, with a crown, symbolizing loyalty, topping the heart(s). In addition, a couple may pin a Luckenbooth to their firstborn’s blanket as a good luck charm. Luckenbooths are wonderful gifts for the bride to wear on her wedding day.

I like the Scottish traditions... :blush-anim-cl:

I mean - Dutch traditions and traditional wear/dancing/etc. are generally seen as old fashioned and even ridiculous. Totally different to what it's like in Scotland.

I agree. They're amazing. And sooooo interesting. :thumb_yello:

scottishlion_1967_34266582.gif

scottishlion_1967_57565739.jpg

I like the Scottish traditions... :blush-anim-cl:

I mean - Dutch traditions and traditional wear/dancing/etc. are generally seen as old fashioned and even ridiculous. Totally different to what it's like in Scotland.

OOOOOoooo BLUE ... I have something for you then .... !!! Isn't the guy on the right wearing clogs ???!!!:biggrin2:

BGaykilts2.jpg

OOOOOoooo BLUE ... I have something for you then .... !!! Isn't the guy on the right wearing clogs ???!!!:biggrin2:

BGaykilts2.jpg

Hehe, I think those are just huge trainers with red laces. :naughty:

My favourite Scottish singer Fish played a gig on his birthday last year in the town where I grew up. The people of the venue gave him a pair of yellow plush clogs (bed slippers) as a birthday present. He wore them on stage. Actually it's a shame he wasn't wearing a kilt with them. :das:

OK, having looked 'long and hard' at each and every photo on this thread, and assessed them on their own individual merits.... the best yet to my mind are

David Tennant - for saving the universe (and London in particular for some reason) from aliens time and time again

Billy Boyd - for his contribution to saving Middle Earth from destruction by Sauron and his evil minions.

Mel Gibson - for doing whatever it was William Wallace did to save the Scots from invasion (don't want to mention the 'E' word).

See, you can have yer hunky guys in mini kilts all you want....but to look REALLY good in a kilt, you need to have hero quality.