I'm getting my hair cut...what do you think?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, it took me awhile to figure out mine, i was researching because i wanted to cut my hair short, and for me that was a big step:blink: but it was bad because oval shape[what i have] you can look good in any hair cut, so that didn't help me decide:thumbdown:....you should really go to your hairstylist and just be like "whatever looks good!" ha, that'd be super fun!:punk:but i just go to the general haircut place so i wouldn't trust them:no:

I think I'll probably just tell them "do whatever!" I noticed that I read that oval shaped faces can have any cut and that didn't help me because I think I'm in between circle and oval... so there must be SOME cuts that wouldn't work on me. : P I also have a full face so that doesn't help and I know short wouldn't work well.

Oh, maybe my place isn't a professional place... it doesn't cost hundreds to get it cut, just around $20 or $30.

I don't trust the people in my town. They're a bit eccentric.:naughty:

You mean, you don't want funky color streaks in your hair?

Or like... a mohawk? :naughty:

I don't trust the people in my town. They're a bit eccentric.:naughty:

hahaha, i've had that problem before. But a lot of times, the people who look eccentric are really good with all styles of what they do. Not always though:bleh:

When i see crazy styles, the first thing i wonder it how much time it took to get it like that. :shocked:

haha oooh old hair cut thread=P

I get mine done by a guy at a salon. The first time he cut my hair it was freaky because he just grabbed locks of my hair and cut once then left it. I was thinking "errrm, are you sure its right!?" but it looked great. He's really good, and he's won lots of awards, so I trust that he knows what he's doing now!

Ironically, my hair looks nearly the same as the girl on the front page, i even sort of look like her:blink: with some differences though.

Layers are fun! But it sucks when you have to braid your hair then.

It's always good to find a stylist that you really trust knows what to do with your hair type.

My hair is wavy, so its good to get a style that wont look sucky with wavy hair if i don't feel like doing anything special with it. I straighten it to, though, so it must look good both ways (which is often doesn't! haha) =P

Thats all my hair advice.

Okay, I was thinking about getting my haircut.

I have curly hair and was wanting bangs. But not the sideswept ones. I want to front bangs (if that makes sense) but not dead straight across more of a fringe.

I've been wanting to change up my hairstyle and think new bangs would do the trick.

Okay, well that made no sense but I hope you get what I mean.

I absolutely love my curly hair but it's just depressing that I can't do much to style it and I agree about wishing that getting it to look good was easier. The only time my hair really gets combed is after a shower because if it's combed when dry...

I LOVE my curly hair as well:biggrin2: I comb/brush my hair then I spray in leave in conditioner when it's still wet/damp after the shower and the ruffle my hands through my hair (or shake your head, which ever you prefer (or heck, both if you want to). Then and use curl cream (I don't like mousse, nor do I like gel). I use Pantene Pro-V Curl Creme (it works well and keeps my hair tame in the humidity): it's cheap (like 5 bucks) and works well (not to mention smells delicious)---people ask me if I curl my hair but I don't :blush-anim-cl:

And layers? Well they are a godsend to curly hair (or mine at least)...

And I do straighten it from time to time. But I haven't done so recently.

It's that time again haha... tomorrow is my haircut and I actually don't know for sure what I want hmmmm

What do you guys think of Gwenyth's look?

hair1.jpg

: or do you think i should try a side bang?

maybe you could combine all sorts of things to create your own look. ?:)

Okay, I was thinking about getting my haircut.

I have curly hair and was wanting bangs. But not the sideswept ones. I want to front bangs (if that makes sense) but not dead straight across more of a fringe.

I've been wanting to change up my hairstyle and think new bangs would do the trick.

Okay, well that made no sense but I hope you get what I mean.

I LOVE my curly hair as well:biggrin2: I comb/brush my hair then I spray in leave in conditioner when it's still wet/damp after the shower and the ruffle my hands through my hair (or shake your head, which ever you prefer (or heck, both if you want to). Then and use curl cream (I don't like mousse, nor do I like gel). I use Pantene Pro-V Curl Creme (it works well and keeps my hair tame in the humidity): it's cheap (like 5 bucks) and works well (not to mention smells delicious)---people ask me if I curl my hair but I don't :blush-anim-cl:

And layers? Well they are a godsend to curly hair (or mine at least)...

And I do straighten it from time to time. But I haven't done so recently.

How are you going to do bangs with curly hair? I've been thinking of bangs, but sideswept ones, but they wouldn't work for me because well they'd be curly/wavy so it would be a pile of frizz on my forehead haha. Are you going to have to straighten your bangs?

Would that look weird to have straight sideswept bangs but curly hair?

I guess maybe I'll skip the bangs haha.

I'll have to try that Pro-V Curl Creme! I used to use a John Frieda curl spray and it worked well but then my salon used some type of creme on me that worked better. Mom bought it for me but it's like $24 a bottle! :shocked: She got me something to use a few days ago but it was the consistency in the middle of gel and creme and I didn't like it. It felt greasy in my hair and didn't hold the curls but it smelled great though and apparently to her the creme I've been using from the salon smells like bug spray.... soooo I think I want to change that before I move and go to the new college. I don't want people to think I'm wearing bug spray! :no:

Hahaha don't you love to prove people wrong that you don't curl your hair? I don't think I've really had that happen yet. When I was talking to my mom about changing my hair she mentioned that people probably aren't going to believe me that my hair is naturally curly. :naughty:

I did have something odd happen to me though. When I was a sophomore in college I came back into my room after a shower and my roommate wasn't there but her friend was there. We knew each other but not well and she made the comment that my hair was straight when it's wet. Apparently she was confused and thought that my hair would stay curly when it's wet. :naughty: Gosh that would be horrible if that was the case, it would never get combed! :bleh:

How are you going to do bangs with curly hair? I've been thinking of bangs, but sideswept ones, but they wouldn't work for me because well they'd be curly/wavy so it would be a pile of frizz on my forehead haha. Are you going to have to straighten your bangs?

Would that look weird to have straight sideswept bangs but curly hair?

I guess maybe I'll skip the bangs haha.

I'll have to try that Pro-V Curl Creme! I used to use a John Frieda curl spray and it worked well but then my salon used some type of creme on me that worked better. Mom bought it for me but it's like $24 a bottle! :shocked: She got me something to use a few days ago but it was the consistency in the middle of gel and creme and I didn't like it. It felt greasy in my hair and didn't hold the curls but it smelled great though and apparently to her the creme I've been using from the salon smells like bug spray.... soooo I think I want to change that before I move and go to the new college. I don't want people to think I'm wearing bug spray! :no:

Hahaha don't you love to prove people wrong that you don't curl your hair? I don't think I've really had that happen yet. When I was talking to my mom about changing my hair she mentioned that people probably aren't going to believe me that my hair is naturally curly. :naughty:

I did have something odd happen to me though. When I was a sophomore in college I came back into my room after a shower and my roommate wasn't there but her friend was there. We knew each other but not well and she made the comment that my hair was straight when it's wet. Apparently she was confused and thought that my hair would stay curly when it's wet. :naughty: Gosh that would be horrible if that was the case, it would never get combed! :bleh:

My hair, if I don't apply any curl creme type product to it and flatten it, it smooths out. I've had side swept bangs before and it looks pretty nice.

Eeek...yeah, you definately don't want people thinking you are wearing bug sprayt hehe

Yeah- they are like, "really?". My response: "YES it is natural!" haha

Never get combed? Now that would be great for culy hair would it not? haha

My hair, if I don't apply any curl creme type product to it and flatten it, it smooths out. I've had side swept bangs before and it looks pretty nice.

Eeek...yeah, you definately don't want people thinking you are wearing bug sprayt hehe

Yeah- they are like, "really?". My response: "YES it is natural!" haha

Never get combed? Now that would be great for culy hair would it not? haha

I totally misread that and thought that if you don't apply anything to it your hair smoothes out. I was about to be wicked jealous because if I don't apply anything to it it still gets really curly but it's more frizzy. :naughty:

I like how people get so surprised when you tell them it's natural... like anybody would want to get up early and spend forever curling it. :naughty:

Well, it would be nice if it NEVER had to be combed.... but... I don't know if this happens to you but if mine isn't combed it starts to eat things. Its favorite thing is hair ties. :lmfao:

I totally misread that and thought that if you don't apply anything to it your hair smoothes out. I was about to be wicked jealous because if I don't apply anything to it it still gets really curly but it's more frizzy. :naughty:

I like how people get so surprised when you tell them it's natural... like anybody would want to get up early and spend forever curling it. :naughty:

Well, it would be nice if it NEVER had to be combed.... but... I don't know if this happens to you but if mine isn't combed it starts to eat things. Its favorite thing is hair ties. :lmfao:

I wish! Now that, that would be awesome.

Yeah, that's true. I mean, there are surely some people who would do that, but that sure as heck is not me! haha

Mine likes to eat small loaves of pumpernickel bread.:roftl:

I wish! Now that, that would be awesome.

Yeah, that's true. I mean, there are surely some people who would do that, but that sure as heck is not me! haha

Mine likes to eat small loaves of pumpernickel bread.:roftl:

Ugh yes that would be awesome! Only in a perfect world. :naughty:

I don't think I'd have the patience to curl my hair if it was straight because I know the curl would just fall out. :bleh:

Wow, your hair is a BEAST. :naughty:

Ugh yes that would be awesome! Only in a perfect world. :naughty:

I don't think I'd have the patience to curl my hair if it was straight because I know the curl would just fall out. :bleh:

Wow, your hair is a BEAST. :naughty:

I know...I've heard that. I had a friend one time and one day I asked her why she never curled her hair and she said that she tried but it just falls out.

I have the dirty blonde thing too. I hate it. When I was little I had white blonde hair and now it's nothing like that. What a rip off. LOL

Oh me too. Now I think it's going brown. Hmph.