I'm getting my hair cut...what do you think?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried just styling it differently?

Your hair looks the same basic length as hers... just a different style.

Side bangs usually only look fantastic on fuller faces.

That picture of Gwyneth is really pretty. Looks like you and I share the same method in getting haircuts. I never go in without a photo of what I want. lol

lol I always do that too!

Have you tried just styling it differently?

Your hair looks the same basic length as hers... just a different style.

Side bangs usually only look fantastic on fuller faces.

I'm still iffy with the bangs, I've had em' before and I liked it when I did...but hey weren't your standard short side bang, they were really long.

and I've gotten my hair no where near this haha... Right now I think the layers are too long...so I'm gonna try more layers or cut it mid length.

I'm getting my hair cut too. However, I need to make some money before I can. Mommy cut off my funds, and I am on my own. I've always worked and paid for things here and there (car, half my trip to Europe) but my mom would cover my hair cuts and things like that. NOT ANYMORE. I gotta pay for my book fees and my new school clothes/supplies too. Life is so rough. :naughty:

It's so funny how stingy I get when I'm spending my own money. Another life lesson.

And looking back on this thread, Sarie, Aunt Gwendolyn gets me every time. :wink2:

I'm getting my hair cut too. However, I need to make some money before I can. Mommy cut off my funds, and I am on my own. I've always worked and paid for things here and there (car, half my trip to Europe) but my mom would cover my hair cuts and things like that. NOT ANYMORE. I gotta pay for my book fees and my new school clothes/supplies too. Life is so rough. :naughty:

It's so funny how stingy I get when I'm spending my own money. Another life lesson.

And looking back on this thread, Sarie, Aunt Gwendolyn gets me every time. :wink2:

Yep, she's a doll.:punk:

My mom's upset because I want to bleach my hair. She's never had a problem with it before, but now I want to bleach my ENTIRE head.

She's like "You're going to pay some girl $80 to bleach your entire head, and then if you don't like it, you're going to dye over it? That's a waste!"

I'm like "It's my moneyyyyyz, homefry." and she goes "Native American girls were not meant to have blonde hair. God made your hair thick and black. He didn't make it blonde and... RATTY." (She thinks if I bleach it all, my hair's going to fall off)

Ugh haircuts.

I'm getting mine done in umm 4 days because I wanted it done before I move. I don't really trust any other hair salon but I'm hoping once I start photography school I'll be in the know of who does a great job with hair. :naughty:

I've been researching forever for a good hairstyle but there is none for long curly/wavy/straight hair, yes I have all three at once. :blink: It's curly after I take a shower and put some creme in my hair to tame the frizz and help the curls lock, but not all of my hair curls (generally the underneath doesn't because of the weight of the hair on top of it) and then my curls don't stay locked so some turn wavy.

I've been googling for photos of different styles and they ALL look the same. :thumbdown: I'll never find my perfect haircut. :mf_rosetinted:

I have nooo clue what to do. If I keep my hair long the underneath doesn't curl but if I cut my hair short my hair doesn't curl as much and it puffs up so that's just horrible. Curly hair is such a blessing and a curse. :thumbdown:

Curly hair is such a blessing and a curse. :thumbdown:

Ohh I completely completely agree. That's so true...

I love having it because it's not as common as straight hair, and it does look gorgeous (on its good days) but it really is a hassle.

Sometimes I wish I could have the manageability and easiness of straight hair, without the look of it. :bleh:

haha my sister has perfectly straight hair and it's beach blonde naturally:sneaky2: i hate the color of my hair, it's like dark dirty blond:thumbdown: i just got it cut short a few months ago and i will probably never go back to long! haha i love it.....i find problems though when i try to pull it up i havta use about 15 clips and it still doesn't stay in:blink: and i also havta style it everything instead of just lettin it hang like before:thumbdown:

oh and i havta get it cut like every month/ month 1/2:shocked: it's awful!

Ohh I completely completely agree. That's so true...

I love having it because it's not as common as straight hair, and it does look gorgeous (on its good days) but it really is a hassle.

Sometimes I wish I could have the manageability and easiness of straight hair, without the look of it. :bleh:

Oh I know! All I really see is people with straight hair so I like being slightly different, but it's just so hard to manage. :mf_rosetinted: I used to have blonde straight hair as a kid but then it slowly turned brown and my senior year of high school it was in this transitional stage where it was starting to get wavy. I ended up straightening it everyday for about a year and a half and I totally fried my hair. :boxed: I stopped when I found a product that seemed to work. THEN this year I started to blow dry my hair more with a diffuser but it just made it even MORE frizzy. *walk around in a circle grumbling*

My housemate says I'm lucky that I can just let my hair air dry because she has to dry hers then straighten it. I told her that it was because I learned to not fight the curl. I just wish my curl would hold longer than it does. :naughty:

I absolutely love my curly hair but it's just depressing that I can't do much to style it and I agree about wishing that getting it to look good was easier. The only time my hair really gets combed is after a shower because if it's combed when dry........hair.gif

Oh wait silly me I forgot :doh: it looks like that ALL the time. :wink2:

I have the dirty blonde thing too. I hate it. When I was little I had white blonde hair and now it's nothing like that. What a rip off. LOL

If I could show you a picture when I was little to now.... exact opposite hair color. :lmfao: It's funny how hair can change color like that. I went from straight blonde to curly brown. How in the world does that work? *shrugs shoulders*

I have the dirty blonde thing too. I hate it. When I was little I had white blonde hair and now it's nothing like that. What a rip off. LOL

haha yea i had red hair when i was little:shocked:i'm so angry it turned this ugly color! my mom had red hair until like her late 30s then turned blondish orange....i'm still angry i love red hair!

haha yea i had red hair when i was little:shocked:i'm so angry it turned this ugly color! my mom had red hair until like her late 30s then turned blondish orange....i'm still angry i love red hair!

My mom told me that when I was born I had green hair...lol! It soon turned red while I was an infant and eventually turned white blonde...and in my teens it became a darker blonde. I always stood out in my family, because everyone else had black/brown hair.

I color it nowadays. I don't mind saying so. I've always been known as a blonde and I don't intend on being anything else. LOL

Oh I know! All I really see is people with straight hair so I like being slightly different, but it's just so hard to manage. I used to have blonde straight hair as a kid but then it slowly turned brown and my senior year of high school it was in this transitional stage where it was starting to get wavy. I ended up straightening it everyday for about a year and a half and I totally fried my hair. :boxed: I stopped when I found a product that seemed to work. THEN this year I started to blow dry my hair more with a diffuser but it just made it even MORE frizzy. *walk around in a circle grumbling*

My housemate says I'm lucky that I can just let my hair air dry because she has to dry hers then straighten it. I told her that it was because I learned to not fight the curl. I just wish my curl would hold longer than it does. :naughty

I absolutely love my curly hair but it's just depressing that I can't do much to style it and I agree about wishing that getting it to look good was easier. The only time my hair really gets combed is after a shower because if it's combed when dry........hair.gif

Oh wait silly me I forgot :doh: it looks like that ALL the time. :wink2:

Gah same here! My hair is never combed and non-knotty.

I don't really comb it after a shower because then it just takes out the curls that were starting.

:aah: That's the same with my hair. If I ever comb it when it's dry, I look like I was struck by lightning. Or Medusa. Or someone with really ugly hair.

:thumbdown:

I think to Not Fight the Curl is the best way. Straightening just fries my hair, and it still looks extra poofy and is curly by the end of the day.

*Wonders how Mika manages his locks :naughty:*

My mom told me that when I was born I had green hair...lol! It soon turned red while I was an infant and eventually turned white blonde...and in my teens it became a darker blonde. I always stood out in my family, because everyone else had black/brown hair.

I color it nowadays. I don't mind saying so. I've always been known as a blonde and I don't intend on being anything else. LOL

green hair:lol3: ! that's funny.

i've been highlighting my hair for the last year but i've gotten lazy:bleh:....i would love to die my hair redish but i've seen sooo many bad attempts i'm rather nervous. people tell me i have a red-ish tint and i could go red.....hmm...

Gah same here! My hair is never combed and non-knotty.

I don't really comb it after a shower because then it just takes out the curls that were starting.

:aah: That's the same with my hair. If I ever comb it when it's dry, I look like I was struck by lightning. Or Medusa. Or someone with really ugly hair.

:thumbdown:

I think to Not Fight the Curl is the best way. Straightening just fries my hair, and it still looks extra poofy and is curly by the end of the day.

*Wonders how Mika manages his locks :naughty:*

I wish I could just shower and not have to comb it but then I think I'd be starting dread locks or something. :lmfao: Plus in the shower I seem to lose a bit of hair, which is natural, so combing it helps get out the rest of it out.

I wish I could get nice curls like this: http://fashiondevo.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/curly.jpg

Instead I have more of this (except add frizz haha) https://anitagrant.com/images/stories/newsletter/BackBlondeCurlyHairSmall.jpg

Yours turns out poofy if you straighten it? Mine looks SO flat when I do. One of my friends asked me to straighten my hair once because everyone else got to see it straight before except her. After I did it I took a shower because I couldn't stand it straight and flat. It made my nose stick out for some reason. :blink:

Oh and you know men... whether they have long, short, straight or curly hair it some how is ALWAYS perfect for them. I'm so jealous because they don't do anything special with it like us. :naughty:

I wish I could just shower and not have to comb it but then I think I'd be starting dread locks or something. :lmfao: Plus in the shower I seem to lose a bit of hair, which is natural, so combing it helps get out the rest of it out.

I wish I could get nice curls like this: http://fashiondevo.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/curly.jpg

Instead I have more of this (except add frizz haha) https://anitagrant.com/images/stories/newsletter/BackBlondeCurlyHairSmall.jpg

Yours turns out poofy if you straighten it? Mine looks SO flat when I do. One of my friends asked me to straighten my hair once because everyone else got to see it straight before except her. After I did it I took a shower because I couldn't stand it straight and flat. It made my nose stick out for some reason. :blink:

Oh and you know men... whether they have long, short, straight or curly hair it some how is ALWAYS perfect for them. I'm so jealous because they don't do anything special with it like us. :naughty:

i know exactly what kind of hair you're talking about...my "sister" and "aunt" have it....my "aunt" gets it cut so that it turns out nice...i forget what it's called but they lightenen it kinda of like giving layers but they thin it out so it's not frizzy.....have you gotten it professionally cut? i'm sure they'd know what to do:bleh:

This is the first time in years I've had a normal, monotone hair color.:naughty:

Usually people don't believe me when I tell them it's naturally black, because I'm so friggin' pale. Someone asked me once, and when i told them, they said "Oh, so you're just naturally that gothic?"

i know exactly what kind of hair you're talking about...my "sister" and "aunt" have it....my "aunt" gets it cut so that it turns out nice...i forget what it's called but they lightenen it kinda of like giving layers but they thin it out so it's not frizzy.....have you gotten it professionally cut? i'm sure they'd know what to do:bleh:

Yeah, I've always gotten it professionally cut. I've had layers, I've had them thin it out a little even though my hair is thin I have tons of it, and at the moment I don't have layers in it. I want a change. I kind of want to just walk into my next appointment and say to the lady thats been doing my hair for years, "do what you want with it just don't make it super short." :bleh:

Yeah, I've always gotten it professionally cut. I've had layers, I've had them thin it out a little even though my hair is thin I have tons of it, and at the moment I don't have layers in it. I want a change. I kind of want to just walk into my next appointment and say to the lady thats been doing my hair for years, "do what you want with it just don't make it super short." :bleh:

haha i've always wanted someone to like study my face and show me what the perfect haircut would be....like on America's Next Top Model! i don't know how those girls cry and complain about having a professional stylist tell them exactly how to look beautiful!:blink:

haha i've always wanted someone to like study my face and show me what the perfect haircut would be....like on America's Next Top Model! i don't know how those girls cry and complain about having a professional stylist tell them exactly how to look beautiful!:blink:

I NEED to have that! I've been trying to figure out what my face shape is so I can try to figure out what cut would look good. Well as it turns out I think I'm like in the middle of circle and oval.... so boy THAT'S a big helper. :lmfao:

I can only understand those girls crying if they're pushing them to go bald or super, super short. I wouldn't be able to do that, other than that do whatever you please with my hair, it's such a blank canvas work your magic! :naughty:

I NEED to have that! I've been trying to figure out what my face shape is so I can try to figure out what cut would look good. Well as it turns out I think I'm like in the middle of circle and oval.... so boy THAT'S a big helper. :lmfao:

I can only understand those girls crying if they're pushing them to go bald or super, super short. I wouldn't be able to do that, other than that do whatever you please with my hair, it's such a blank canvas work your magic! :naughty:

haha, it took me awhile to figure out mine, i was researching because i wanted to cut my hair short, and for me that was a big step:blink: but it was bad because oval shape[what i have] you can look good in any hair cut, so that didn't help me decide:thumbdown:....you should really go to your hairstylist and just be like "whatever looks good!" ha, that'd be super fun!:punk:but i just go to the general haircut place so i wouldn't trust them:no:

haha, it took me awhile to figure out mine, i was researching because i wanted to cut my hair short, and for me that was a big step:blink: but it was bad because oval shape[what i have] you can look good in any hair cut, so that didn't help me decide:thumbdown:....you should really go to your hairstylist and just be like "whatever looks good!" ha, that'd be super fun!:punk:but i just go to the general haircut place so i wouldn't trust them:no:

Do you have any good websites with hairstyles for different head shapes?

I really stink at googling.:lol3:

I've done that before :naughty:

I was just like "Do whatever!"

I ended up loving the haircut ;P