Take40 sydney footgae

babyblue

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks baby blue! I was hoping someone could record it properly rather than my dodgy version of taping it off my video camera :naughty: I am so happy we made it onto this version- fingers crossed for an Aussie tour soon- thst better include Perth!!!!!

Thanks baby blue! I was hoping someone could record it properly rather than my dodgy version of taping it off my video camera :naughty: I am so happy we made it onto this version- fingers crossed for an Aussie tour soon- thst better include Perth!!!!!

I hope so too!!!

Unfortunately rosedewitt, very few singers sound as good live as they do on a CD... and those that do usually are lip synching...

Though I don't know how he could sing any differently live to how he does on a CD... the songs would sound very different and it would prob change the whole dynamic of the song...

He protects his voice as much as he can by drinking water all the time during the concert... and he hardly speaks before a concert... he actually said that in an interview he did just before the Sydney concert... having been there, he sounds so much better when you're actually there compared to a recording... it's difficult to compare live singing to a recording, because you're often feeding off a crowd at a concert, and in a CD you've got time to perfect the parts...

But that's just my interpretation!

:thumb_yello: wow, i liked the video very much, very very nice footage, and thank you so much for sharing. most i love the grace kelly part where the audience is singing, and he's laughing sooo sweet ;)

muct8l.jpg

2d852dk.jpg

but, maybe you'll kill me, i was disappointed of mikas voice singing live :boxed: it didn't have nearly the quality from the studio recordings, and sometimes he's singing really unclean and wrong :sneaky2: ok, i guess almost every rock and pop singer sings on the cd better than live, but mika has a special voice and should take care of it. he's a nice guy and a good musician and has charisma, and i like him very much, but he'd better stop singing falsett on his live concerts, - and i worry about his voice, - with the singing technique he uses he will destroy his beautiful voice soon.

Hey Rose... firstly I just want to clarify that what the audience hear at a concert and what somene listening to a recording later hears are very different thing. The accoustics of a concert venue are often potrayed differently in the venue than on tape, and the capabilites of the the device used to record it also have an affect.

That said, I would also like to point out that Mika works for a label and for them his product is mainly his voice. If he can't hit the notes, or can't sing, or damages his voice then he is no longer a product. As such he would not be allowed to perform in such a manner which might damage his voice, and youll find he does alot to protect it :wink2:

Just though I'd give my thoughts

but, maybe you'll kill me, i was disappointed of mikas voice singing live :boxed: it didn't have nearly the quality from the studio recordings, and sometimes he's singing really unclean and wrong :sneaky2: ok, i guess almost every rock and pop singer sings on the cd better than live, but mika has a special voice and should take care of it. he's a nice guy and a good musician and has charisma, and i like him very much, but he'd better stop singing falsett on his live concerts, - and i worry about his voice, - with the singing technique he uses he will destroy his beautiful voice soon.

There's also a difference between live and recording when it comes to what he's doing at the time. It is not easy to jump around on stage, smile, dance and hop around like he does while still staying at perfect pitch and hitting those high notes without struggling. It's like from a seated, rested position it's easy to sing something more or less on key, but start jumping around and dancing while you're singing and you'll find that it is a LOT more difficult. During Grace Kelly he was struggling a bit, but did you see how out of breath he was? I think the reason he got the audience to sing was because he needed to rest for a second. :naughty::thumb_yello:

Okay... anyways bumping this.. (since it got stuck under by discussion)

But I do agree with soangel.. Mika would take care of his voice.. and be told how to take care of his voice.

And while the label may have plenty of other singers, the more money they can make off one such, the better. They would prefer a longer career out of him wouldnt they?

Anyways... back on topic...

vids

people the poor boy has bin doing nothing but touring and touring and touring again...i know its now, his life and all but, give the lad a break! hes trying to entertain hundreds and have fun, hes short breathed and probly hyped up...i think he did fine and i've watched other concerts were he was almost BETTER then the cd (if thats even possible!!!)-hell half the resond i admire him and respect him so so so much is becasue of his amazing live shows.:biggrin2:

OK if any of you want to keep our vids.. now's your chance..

use something like

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

or

http://keepvid.com/

to download it

save name as t40.flv (or something like it.. must be .flv though)

and save as all files

there are flv converters out there so you can watch in WMP etc..

I know the FLV files will play in VLC player though..

PM me with any questions..