MIKA Stages Debut Art Exhibition

minkey_00

MIKA Stages Debut Art Exhibition

With the success of MIKA's number one debut album Life in Cartoon Motion, MIKA has started showcasing his other artistic talents.

Between 12-14th July at the Blink Gallery in London, MIKA exhibited art created around the release of the album.

Co-curated by MIKA, artist Da Wack (MIKA's sister who hand-paints his designs), and the design company Airside (who help turn MIKA's art into sleeve designs), the exhibition showcased original paintings sketches and drawings MIKA has created over the years. The art is full of bright colours, influenced by and referencing pop art, 60's psych art, and illustrators/comic artistes such as Tony Millionaire and Jim Woodring.

The art was not just restricted to paper or canvas: everything from windows to walls and doors were all painted in abstract psychedelic murals. The exhibition aimed to be colourful and exciting, to immerse his fans in 'MIKA-world'; a visual embodiment of his music.

MIKA says: "I created a world for my music to exist within and we wanted to allow people to immerse themselves in this via this exhibition. It is important to create an exiting environment. I want it to feel like you are walking into the 'world of MIKA'. Colourful, psychedelic and irreverent, not serious and stuffy like a boring gallery."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
Question: Has there ever been anyone like this guy in the history of our world?

Answer: No there has not!

Love today, from proud Mika-fan, Marilyn

i think of that question everyday of my life (well since i first heard of him :naughty: )